The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!

• @ff7cloud said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!:

i was 8 years old in 2000 (im old i know)

I was 15! :(

• I was 20

• Timesplitters was so close for me as an honorable mention. For my money, that's as close as a game will ever get to successfully pulling off being the "next Goldeneye." I spent an absurd amount of hours killing ducks.

• Yooo we had FUN playing Tekken Tag Tournament all night at sleep overs with friends. I don't think I played it until like 2003 though.

• I was also 8.

• I was 6, haha. Def didn't play these games until I was like 8-10.

• alt text

• So I never actually played the original Timesplitters and I don't remember it getting too much in terms of high praise. I jumped in for Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect and adored those games but can't realistically vote just for the sake of the series.

But yes, THQ, please give me my remaster. Do it!

• I stopped playing Tekken at 3 and have never even tried TTT. Timesplitters however was one of two games that I bought at launch with my PS2, the other being Kessen. I didn't like it much though to be honest. It kept me going for a bit I guess, but the singleplayer aspect felt very lazy to me. It wasn't until Timesplitters 2 that the series showed what it could do.

I was 19 in the year 2000.

• I was only 7 back in 2000 and all I had was a genesis with sonic 2 and some other games I never played more than once, so all my votes are for games I played way after the fact.

Never played either of these games, but I've always heard good things. Did enjoy what little I played of Tekken Tag 2 for whatever that's worth.

• I was 13 in 2000 and if Deus Ex doesn't win this countdown i'm going to quit the internet! :D

TTT is probably Top 3 for Tekken games (besides 3 and 4), never played Timesplitters.

• Dino Crisis 2

#23. Dino Crisis 2 - 8 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Tearju Engi)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (tokeeffe9)
    HM: 1 (Enzo88)

Information

Release date: September 29 [US], November 24 [EU]
    Developer: Capcom
    Publisher: Capcom
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• Ahhhh, Dino Crisis. I think I'm being/have been swayed by Huber, but I feel like this series is due to comeback (like many other games out there). Sadly, I don't see it happening.

• Surprised I missed this. I checked my forum backlog last week. Must've thought it was about 2017/2018 GOTY at a glance.

Here are my picks, FWIW (3 of which are in my top 5 games of all time):

1. Perfect Dark
    2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    4. Pokémon Gold & Silver

Honorable mentions:

Paper Mario
    Banjo-Tooie
    Mario Party 2
    Pokémon Stadium

These are actually the only 8 I liked enough to mention, but if this had been about 1999...wowza!

• @oscillator We have the same number 2 game of all time!! Perfect Dark is Forever! ;) And while I think I'm not supposed to reveal my votes, had you voted in this poll in time we would have had further overlap at the top of our lists. (o^-')b

• @brannox said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!:

Ahhhh, Dino Crisis. I think I'm being/have been swayed by Huber, but I feel like this series is due to comeback (like many other games out there).

Agreed and took the words right out of my mouth! The Huber effect is real.

Sadly, I don't see it happening.

Sorry, those aren't words the Huber I know would say! :)

• @chocobop Until that magician can will it into existence like he's done with Shenmue, RE 2 Remake, Onimusha, and a host of others, I still don't see it.

• Mario Party 2

#22. Mario Party 2 - 9 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (bard91)
    #4: 1 (Capnbobamous)
    HM: 4 (Hanabi, DIPSET, FF7Cloud, Hidz)

Information

Release date: January 24 [US], October 13 [EU]
    Developer: Hudson Soft
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Party
    Platform(s): Nintendo 64

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• Isn't Mario Party 2 considered to be the best one in the series? Regardless, of the entries debuted so far, this is the first I probably would play. Granted, I'm not really a Mario Party person, but this a game that doesn't really take much in terms of time investment (if you're not careful at least).