The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!

• My Google search for 2000 games really screwed me, pokemon Gold and Silver are my favourite pokemon game ever and it's not even on my list!!

• Deus Ex, the game most inspired by Cyberpunk 2020 until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

• @exist-2-inspire said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!:

I was 13 in 2000 and if Deus Ex doesn't win this countdown i'm going to quit the internet! :D

Well it was nice knowing y'all, bye! :P

• Only topped by one game for me, though it's still technically a better game when you look at what it achieved.

Presuming Majoras Mask makes the list, I find it shocking that Baldurs Gate II never even made the list, also sad to see the lack of Code Veronica.

• Hopefully FFIX beats out Zelda, but I doubt it will, but at least 7 of my 8 made it to the list!

• Tried playing this game earlier this year, i have a mixed track record with old PC games mainly because of how obtuse they can be sometimes (Thief, basically most isometric RPGs, etc), and unfortunately this one was another that i find hard to play.

• For me Deus Ex is a game with a lot of pros and cons. I can view it as a mixed bag but the thing it does best (the level design) outweighs all of its problems for me. The level design is open yet dense and the multiple ways you can approach a missions is still impressive to this day. Modern games "try" to emulate this often by giving you the choice between a lethal and non-lethal approach but suffice to say they are missing a lot of what made Deus Ex great.

• I think Deus Ex is a fascinating game, but again, being on PC, I've never played it. Plus, I'm not too keen on the visuals, but that's more a product of the time than anything else. I loved what the game did for immersive sims and player choice for gaming, especially with a gripping story many thoroughly enjoy. Plus, I really loved learning more about it in both the EZA Retrospective and a snippet from an interview from a NoClip Session with Harvey Smith.

• Since we can safely assume what the next two games are, what did you all vote for that didn't make the cut?

I had Threads of Fate. Didn't think it would get on, but it's a great game.

• @crepe

Crimson Skies
    Hitman: Codename 47
    Marvel v Capcom 2

And one of the two presumed remaining titles.

• I really don't care for FFIX for a lot of reasons, but I'm sure it's coming up soon...

@Crepe half of my list didn't make it in, whee. My number 3 went to Breath of Fire IV - criminal it isn't on this list. Capcom isn't really known for their RPGs but they really hit a stride in the PS1 era, with both Breath of Fire 3/4 being incredible RPGs on a system filled with incredible RPGs. For my honorable mentions, Pokemon Stadium, Escape from Monkey Island, and Legend of Mana didn't make the cut, the only mildly surprising omission from this list would be Pokemon Stadium.

• @crepe Power Stone 2 deserved better than "did not place."

• I feel safe in saying I had five games on my list, I'll discuss the honorable mention and my personal GOTY when they show, but the one game that has not appeared that I did NOT think would appear:

Crash Bash

I had it fourth (Again, 2000 wasn't a great year for me) and while the novelty of playing a party game with Crash characters is fun... It's not that good of a game in general.

• I also had Crash Bash as an Honorable mention. I imagine it just missed out. Hopefully @Axel will post the games that didn't make the cut as a list once we've seen the final 2.

• @crepe

Grand Prix 3
    WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Soldier of Fortune

• The only game in my top 8 that didn't make the list is Capcom Vs SNK but that's not unexpected.

@brannox I was thinking about giving Crash Bash an HM.
    In contrary to most of the games that are on my list, I actually played Crash Bash a lot in the year 2000.

• @crepe said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!:

Since we can safely assume what the next two games are, what did you all vote for that didn't make the cut?

I had Threads of Fate. Didn't think it would get on, but it's a great game.

Resident Evil Code: Veronica, Parasite Eve II and Thief II: The Metal Age

• @neocweeny said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!:

Capcom Vs SNK

Over MvC2? You maniac!

Just a bit of trivia, Gametrailers/Screwattack rated Marvel vs Capcom the 2nd greatest fighting game of all time in 2007

• @tokyoslim Ah, the reason they shut down has finally become apparent.

I like MvC 2, it almost made my list actually.

• @tokyoslim said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!:

@neocweeny said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!:

Capcom Vs SNK

Over MvC2? You maniac!

Just a bit of trivia, Gametrailers/Screwattack rated Marvel vs Capcom the 2nd greatest fighting game of all time in 2007

Well then, I hope their first was Capcom Vs SNK 2 otherwise they were WRONG!