The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!

• @sazime nope! I only discovered the series maybe a year or 2 before you but have since played through all numbered entries - plus a bunch of SMT games. I played this maybe 4 years ago and thought it really held up, but then I'm old. Playing back-to-back with IS, I thought all the carryover was cool. I just wish I could have carried over my save. Truth be told, I got burned out about 3/4 through and didn't finish this one but had a blast up until then.

• I didn't know Persona's history was so long! That goes to show just how much of a force it's been since 3 and 4.

Of all the entries revealed so far, it's the biggest struggle to think of something to comment on, so I'll have to end it here.

• @sazime certainly not me, I started with the first version of 3 and since it is my favorite franchise I played through all of them once I got them for Vita, 2 is game I didn't have a lot of fun playing but it still a very interesting story and really good elements to it, many SMT fans would call me crazy but in reality the game is just not a lot of fun unless you don't mind the clunkiness, I did but I put up with it because I wanted to play the game.

Glad to see it did actually make the list I wasn't sure it would actually be the case.

• I didn't vote on this but I'm seeing Persona 2 talk, so I'll add my 2 cents. Didn't play them until long after they were released, but Persona 2: IS/EP are my favorite Persona games by a wide margin. I like that all character are under your control, Persona changing isn't only reserved for the main character, the dungeons aren't random and are a part of the actual world, the fact that you summon as opposed to fuse demon, and the consistency of negotiating.

• @dipset I dunno if I'd describe it as approachable, there's certainly a lot that isn't explained but any SMT knowledge will help considerably and there's enough resources online to guide the journey along. The ability to speed up battles by removing animations helps too, as some of the later fights really drag on.

• Banjo-Tooie

#17. Banjo-Tooie - 10 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 1 (CptCobblePot)
    #3: 1 (FF7Cloud)
    #4: 1 (A7X458)
    HM: 1 (Hidz)

Information

Release date: November 20 [US]
    Developer: Rare
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Platforming, Action-adventure
    Platform(s): Nintendo 64, Xbox 360

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• For all I hear about Banjo-Kazooie, from adulation of the original, requests for them to be in Smash Ultimate, or a rerelease/remaster of said original to be on current gen hardware, I hardly EVER hear anything about Banjo-Tooie.

To sate my curiosity, I want to ask: How similar/different is it from the original and with Battletoads making a comeback, does anyone think B&K will make a return as well? (Not you Nuts & Bolts. Apparently no one likes you.)

• Counter-Strike is one of the few multiplayer shooters I ever got into. I enjoyed it a lot despite never being good at it.

I have some mixed feelings towards Persona 2 Eternal Punishment. I was doubting to make it an HM or number 4 on my list. While the story is not nearly as good as Innocent Sin, it's still a great game nonetheless.

I think Banjo-Tooie would have made it on my list if I had played. I didn't like Banjo-Kazooie all that much as a kid but this year I decided to give it a second chance and loved it. Sadly I haven't gotten around to play Tooie yet.

• @brannox The first is like mario 64 main castle area with painting that act as worlds

2nd one is pseudo openworld with the levels having hidden connections to each other

• The Operative: No One Lives Forever

#16. The Operative: No One Lives Forever - 11 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 2 (NeoCweeny, bam541)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Axel)
    HM: 1 (Inustar)

Information

Release date: November 9 [US], December 8 [EU]
    Developer: Monolith Productions
    Publisher: Fox Interactive
    Genre: First-person shooter
    Platform(s): PlayStation 2, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• I've never even heard of this game! And doing a Google search doesn't provide a complete sense of what it is. But if I understand it correctly: A 60s Spy thriller FPS. An interesting concept I don't think is touched on a lot, more for the time period than anything else. Still, it made enough of an impact to make the top 20, so kudos to it!

• Looks kinda like Space Channel

• No One Lives Forever was a pretty good game. I was like "how did I not vote for that?" and then went back to check my list and was like, "oh yeah... that's why".
    2000 was stacked.

Still haven't seen a game I voted for yet.

• This post is deleted!

• This game is in such a crappy rights mess. Too bad, people loved it.

• @sazime it really is a shame, I only played a little of it and I thought it was solid for a shooter of the time, but the setting is certainly one we could use more of.

• One of my nominations!

I had very little experience with shooters back then, but the good reviews and fun setting really appealed to me. It offers Austin Powers vibes combined with a "Strong Female Protagonist"™.

The story and dialog were pretty entertaining (not sure how well it holds up today), the levels and objectives were varied and took you all over the world in classic James Bond fashion, and the gameplay was very solid, a mix of stealth, gadgets and straight-up shooting.

I know the game got a sequel which was even better received but sadly never had the chance to try it out.

THQ Nordic, rescue this IP please!

• I played this game when i was pretty young (6-7 years old maybe), and i honestly can't remember much of the actual game (i haven't even learned English yet, my brother helped me understand the objectives and menus). I probably didn't finish the game. All i have is strong memories of falling in love with everything the game does, and getting banned for a month from video games because of how much i hogged the family PC. Ahh, good times. The game, i mean. That ban period was a nightmare.

Anyways, since this game is in abandonware status, there's a website dedicated to making this game and all it's sequel available to everyone for free. Don't know if it's legal, but there you go. Look it up, it's definitely worth your time. I need to play it again, this time i'll might have a greater love for it since i can understand the story dialogs and such.

• @sazime

Not me, played it a couple years ago

I like IS better than EP, but EP is still solid

@SabotageTheTruth

Have you played P2IS? I find innocent sin to be better than EP

• @brannox It's certainly a game that benefits from its setting and main character. Otherwise it was solid, if not amazing.
    I mostly game it an honorable mention so people would remember the game.