The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!

• @brannox The first is like mario 64 main castle area with painting that act as worlds

2nd one is pseudo openworld with the levels having hidden connections to each other

• The Operative: No One Lives Forever

#16. The Operative: No One Lives Forever - 11 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 2 (NeoCweeny, bam541)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Axel)
    HM: 1 (Inustar)

Information

Release date: November 9 [US], December 8 [EU]
    Developer: Monolith Productions
    Publisher: Fox Interactive
    Genre: First-person shooter
    Platform(s): PlayStation 2, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• I've never even heard of this game! And doing a Google search doesn't provide a complete sense of what it is. But if I understand it correctly: A 60s Spy thriller FPS. An interesting concept I don't think is touched on a lot, more for the time period than anything else. Still, it made enough of an impact to make the top 20, so kudos to it!

• Looks kinda like Space Channel

• No One Lives Forever was a pretty good game. I was like "how did I not vote for that?" and then went back to check my list and was like, "oh yeah... that's why".
    2000 was stacked.

Still haven't seen a game I voted for yet.

• This post is deleted!

• This game is in such a crappy rights mess. Too bad, people loved it.

• @sazime it really is a shame, I only played a little of it and I thought it was solid for a shooter of the time, but the setting is certainly one we could use more of.

• One of my nominations!

I had very little experience with shooters back then, but the good reviews and fun setting really appealed to me. It offers Austin Powers vibes combined with a "Strong Female Protagonist"™.

The story and dialog were pretty entertaining (not sure how well it holds up today), the levels and objectives were varied and took you all over the world in classic James Bond fashion, and the gameplay was very solid, a mix of stealth, gadgets and straight-up shooting.

I know the game got a sequel which was even better received but sadly never had the chance to try it out.

THQ Nordic, rescue this IP please!

• I played this game when i was pretty young (6-7 years old maybe), and i honestly can't remember much of the actual game (i haven't even learned English yet, my brother helped me understand the objectives and menus). I probably didn't finish the game. All i have is strong memories of falling in love with everything the game does, and getting banned for a month from video games because of how much i hogged the family PC. Ahh, good times. The game, i mean. That ban period was a nightmare.

Anyways, since this game is in abandonware status, there's a website dedicated to making this game and all it's sequel available to everyone for free. Don't know if it's legal, but there you go. Look it up, it's definitely worth your time. I need to play it again, this time i'll might have a greater love for it since i can understand the story dialogs and such.

• @sazime

Not me, played it a couple years ago

I like IS better than EP, but EP is still solid

@SabotageTheTruth

Have you played P2IS? I find innocent sin to be better than EP

• @brannox It's certainly a game that benefits from its setting and main character. Otherwise it was solid, if not amazing.
    I mostly game it an honorable mention so people would remember the game.

• @acardattack Yep! @michemagius reminded me it was available through Vita when these forums started and I basically bought a Vita just for that and a few other games. Considering I played EP so long ago, it's hard for me to say which I enjoyed more, but both are a good time.

• Vagrant Story

#15. Vagrant Story - 11 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Crepe)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 2 (bam541, Inustar)
    HM: 2 (FF7Cloud, jipostus)

Information

Release date: May 15 [US], June 21 [EU]
    Developer: SquareSoft
    Publisher: SquareSoft
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• Ivalice is my favorite video game world and this game is just great the battling and the battle system is just so different and creative

• I've heard so many great things about Vagrant Story but sadly, never had a chance to play it.

• @sabotagethetruth with your love of tactics you'll love the references to that games characters that vagrant story makes.

• @sabotagethetruth Same here, it's always intrigued me.

Is it officially set in Ivalice or simply shares some similarities? Are there story elements or characters from FF XII?

• @axel it is in ivalice and while there are locations mentioned that are in 12 no characters are, however there are references to Tactics Characters.

• Vagrant Story is an interesting entry. I like the look of it, but the combat seems like something I wouldn't vibe with. Because this was an age of a plethora of JRPGs (mid 90s through the life of the sixth generation), I feel like this gets grouped into a set of games that are liked a lot, but are forgotten in the passage of time. Which is a shame because this is one of several I hear from around this time period that people want a remaster or new entry.