The PlayStation Classic

• @yoshi Nintendo copied the Vita

• @iboshow and the vita copied the Game Boy Advance :3

• Banned

@yoshi And the GameBoy Advanced copied Tiger Electronics.

• @el-shmiablo
    and Tiger copied electronic football

• @dmcmaster and electronic football copied real football.

• This post is deleted!

• @sabotagethetruth and real football is soccer. not hand egg.

• @yoshi
    and football and soccer are just a poor man's lacrosse

• Hard to swallow.

0_1537786696239_jones.PNG

But true.

• Sony Unveils Full Game List for PlayStation Classic

The games are :

Battle Arena Toshinden
    Cool Boarders 2
    Destruction Derby
    Final Fantasy VII
    Grand Theft Auto
    Intelligent Qube
    Jumping Flash
    Metal Gear Solid
    Mr Driller
    Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
    Rayman
    Resident Evil Director’s Cut
    Revelations: Persona
    Ridge Racer Type 4
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
    Syphon Filter
    Tekken 3
    Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
    Twisted Metal
    Wild Arms

• I'm mildly impressed. There's a lot there that I wouldn't have taken. It was mad to dream of Tony Hawk, but I still dreamt. Really nice to see Rayman on there, an absolutely fantastic platformer. I wonder how much they paid for Metal Gear Solid.

• I feel like this list would have disappointed no matter what it was but even then I can't help but think they dropped the ball on a lot of these choices. Cool Boarders 2 in particular stands out as something that's absolutely only on this thing to fill the THPS hole. I get the thought behind that, nobody thought it was likely they'd secure that, but they would have been better off just leaving that hole there and putting something else in instead. Beyond that I just get the feeling GTA and Persona 1 are destined to disappoint on this system. I feel like they were under the impression they had to choose the first game in their series for these systems in most cases , but Persona 2 over the first one and especially RE2 over 1 just feel like no-brainers. And this isn't even getting into the obvious missing "duh, how could we make a classic and not have these series" games like Parappa, Crash, Spyro, Wipeout, SOTN etc.

There's some neat stuff here like Intelligent Qube and Mr Driller but I don't think they make up for the rest.

• @hazz3r
    I was reading some comments about the selection on Facebook and the number of people posted at no Tony Hawk is kinda funny, sad, and heartwarming at the same time.

Now if Tony would just hook up with a new studio.

• FF VII, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil are the only "big" names with Tekken 3, Syphon Filter, Rainbow Six, Twisted Metal, and Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee also being solid gets. While Grand Theft Auto is the powerhouse it is today, it didn't become that way until GTA III. The original isn't that great.

Also, seeing Destruction Derby when Twisted Metal is on the list is a little odd.

Looking back at my original comment, I'm happy I was wrong about MGS, but I only correctly thought of Oddworld, Twisted Metal, and Syphon Filter.

But with no Gran Turismo, Pro Skater, Symphony of the Night, FF Tactics, AND Tomb Raider, I'm gonna pass. Neat idea Playstation. You just don't have the list for me.

• I'm surprised that it's missing a lot of iconic games like Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider, Castlevania,...

My thoughts on the games that are included:

Battle Arena Toshinden - Terrible game
    Cool Boarders 2 - Ok choice
    Destruction Derby - Never played, no opinion
    Final Fantasy VII - This had to be on here
    Grand Theft Auto - The PC version is better
    Intelligent Qube - I like the inclusion, never played it but always wanted to
    Jumping Flash - I like the inclusion, never played it but always wanted to
    Metal Gear Solid - This had to be on here
    Mr Driller - No opinion
    Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee - Great inclusion though some would say the sequel is better but I'm not sure if I would agree
    Rayman - I've beaten it once and never again. The difficulty is insane.
    Resident Evil Director’s Cut - Is this the version with the terrible soundtrack? I've only played the original so I'm interested to play this version
    Revelations: Persona - It's the worst version of Persona 1 and it's also the worst Persona game on the PS1.
    Ridge Racer Type 4 - Great game
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo - Great game
    Syphon Filter - Great game
    Tekken 3 - One of my favorite games on the PS1
    Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six - Mediocre port of a PC game
    Twisted Metal - Ok choice, never played much of it
    Wild Arms - Ok choice, never played much of it

• This is a great collection imo, even though RE 1 and Odd world are already on PS4, just like Nintendo Sony couldn't please everyone, for me i would loved to see dino crisis but it seems Capcom doesn't care about the IP.

• This console totally misses the mark for me. I recently hooked up my PS3 again so I can play PS1 games downloaded from the store and so far that is winning out. I see this lineup of 20 games and they are all good games, but it makes some weird decisions such as not including the best games in that series (i.e. Twisted Metal 2, RE2, Syphon Filter 2 or 3) or just missing entire games (i.e. Spyro, Crash, THPS, GT, lots of JRPGs). I know those 4 I listed have licensing issues but this console kinda feels a bit everywhere and forgets some of the most important games.

• I'm most interested to see if they are going to update the language in Persona. I only played it a few years ago and remember chuckling at the idea of a time when it was ok for a game to use the word "retard" so liberally.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I doubt they'll change anything. Going off the trailer video it looks like it's still the old version and if they aren't going to change the racewashing I doubt they'd bother with that either.