EZA curates October games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for sharing new games coming out in October... what are you personal picks/interests of the month?

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list (or a swanky desire index) of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Going into more detail:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's one text list. Feel free to post other lists or list videos that you find useful.
    • Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• Just a reminder: Mega Man 11! Ben already did a review, in case you missed it. It should be available for purchase already.
    Youtube Video

• There's actually a number of games I've been looking forward to in the month of October.

First on Oct.16 there's Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Not going to lie, if it wasn't for the Starfox tie in Switch I'd have little to no interest in this game. This game is what Ubisoft was showing off at E3 with the toys to life airships. There's a special edition of the game for Switch where you can get the Arwing toy. Game doesn't seem to bad but this tie in is it's main selling point for me personally.

Next on Oct. 19th there's Soul Calibur VI, don't think I need to give too much information on this. Soul Calibur is a 3D, weapon based, fighting game. I'm going to pick it up but my personal hype levels aren't too high. I have a history of getting really excited for this franchise but ultimately don't end up putting a ton of time into them.

There's Spider Man DLC on the 23rd and the obviously elephant in the room is Red Dead 2 on the 26th. These are the two games/add ons that I'm the most excited for. I rarely ever beat games let alone get their season passes but I was over the moon for Spider man, can't wait to get more. RDR2 could easily be my GOTY.

The last game in October that I'm looking forward to is Call of Cthulhu. It's a first person adventure game based on the book/tabletop RPG. Game looks kinda interesting but really I'm getting this for my Fiancee, she's a big lovecraft fan. I'm not crazy about the devs working on this game, Cyanide Games don't have the best track record but I'm hoping for the best.

• Global Moderator

I am kinda interested in Starlink, but not sure I can afford it at the moment as I got lots of money going out this month.

Soul Calibur VI is a must. I prolly wont play this as serious as I did with Tekken 7, but it will still be fun and fight friends and have good old matches again.

Red Dead Redemption 2 even though I havent really played much of the first game, this really speaks to me and I can see myself spend a lot of hours just exploring.

• I'm unreasonably hyped for Starlink!

By the way, for those worried about the toys-to-life aspect, if you buy the digital version you have almost all the ships, pilots and weapons included with the base game, it's a much better value than buying physical as long as you don't care for the toys.