VR Allies

• Banned

@yoshi Did you honestly think it wasn't going to happen? Either way I've decided to wait and am getting PSVR instead.

Anybody play EVE Valkyrie? The prospect of VR space dogfights makes my pants tight.

As for the prospect of roomscale VR... meh. What sold me on the idea of VR ages ago was a video of a dude who had modded Half-Life 2 so that it could be played in VR and he could do stuff like aim over barriers and lob grenades behind him while running away from enemies. The enhanced controls and true 3D experience are what I'm in it for.

• @el-shmiablo said in VR Allies:

Did you honestly think it wasn't going to happen? Either way I've decided to wait and am getting PSVR instead.

people have been speculating about a possible Switch revision or "Switch mini" since like last christmas.

i'm not saying it's not possible, it's definitely possible. i'm just pointing out to you that nothing has been announced or confirmed by Nintendo so far and at this point, a 2019 release is all entirely just rumor and speculation.

• Global Moderator

@el-shmiablo yeah i played EVE Valkyre, its solid. the problem with it are that the each level are so short, like they cut it off every time its getting interesting, which is a real shame.

• I play mine a fair bit. REZ for one is outstanding and I much prefer playing Skyrim now that I'm properly immersed in the world.

It's going to sound a little shallow, but I really have to pick my times for playing it as it royally fucks up my hair lol.

• Oh ya, I forgot about Rez. That was really cool and the new level is awesome with it. I'd love if they went all out on another game but it'll be interesting to hear more about The Tetris Effect.

Been busy the last few days and probably will be for the next week but I'm hoping to play a little more astro bots today.

• @guthwulf When you say roomscaling does that mean you got a square to walk around in like the vive now?

• @Bigdude1 yes... around 2.5m x 2.5m because i don't have more space in my computer room. To get a similar quality like the vive with full 360* you need 3 sensors in total, so you have to buy an additional one (default bundle has only 2 sensors).

• I'm doing some renovations lately, won't be able to play much until the new year but REVII in VRis one of my favourite moments in gaming. I hope this is the direction REVIII and beyond will go.

• I hope i can join you guys soon! There's more than enough reason for me to buy a PSVR, but man there's a lot of things going against that for me, mostly related to my environment where i live. I really want to play Firewall Zero Hour, Farpoint, Ultrawings, Moss and Astrobot; those are the ones i'm most hyped for. I don't think i'll be playing horror games (non-VR horror is already way too much for me lol), although i'm tempted to try Until Dawn Rush of Blood since i already got it from PS Plus.

• Banned

So I guess Borderlands 2 VR is a thing.
    To be honest I might double dip for that.

• Banned

PSVR anniversary sale on PSN. Lotta neat stuff on there.

• @el-shmiablo
    Thinking the same, especially if it supports the Navigation controller (the nunchuk of the move controller) that most devs seem to forget about (looking at Doom VFR)

• Banned

@dmcmaster I wish more devs would support the Move even in a non VR sense. It made Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 so much more fun.

• Since this is the month of spooks, I really recommend checking out Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. I just played the first few levels the other day and it's a lot of creepy good fun. I'd just steer clear if you're afraid of clowns, there's a lot.

• I will get a more detailed post out there eventually but I just platinumed Astro Bot Rescue Mission and I cannot recommend the game enough. It is so charming, creative and fun. Even if you don't have an interest in platformers, I still feel like it's a must have if you've got PSVR

• this is hilarious:

Youtube Video

• Brad has me covered and reviewed Astro Bot

Youtube Video

• Lately used PSVR a bit. Played some Wipeout and Astro Bot and also watched a whole movie because I can just lie down and see it on "a bigger screen" just to try it out. Watched Wheels on Meals on DVD so image quality won't suffer or look bad but will try later on BD ones to compare how it fares.

• This could be some interesting stuff for future VR content. There has been a massive Valve leak and it looks like they're making their own consumer VR product

UploadVR - Sources: Valve Planning 135° VR Headset Bundled With ‘Knuckles’ Controllers And Half-Life VR

alt text

We’ve also heard the field of view will be 135° with “Vive Pro resolution.” It may also come bundled with ‘Knuckles’ controllers as well as a Half-Life based VR game that could be a prequel rather than the much-anticipated Half-Life 3.

Definitely take with a handful of salt but there is definitely a lot of work on VR being done over at Valve.