VR Allies

• @Bigdude1 yes... around 2.5m x 2.5m because i don't have more space in my computer room. To get a similar quality like the vive with full 360* you need 3 sensors in total, so you have to buy an additional one (default bundle has only 2 sensors).

• I'm doing some renovations lately, won't be able to play much until the new year but REVII in VRis one of my favourite moments in gaming. I hope this is the direction REVIII and beyond will go.

• I hope i can join you guys soon! There's more than enough reason for me to buy a PSVR, but man there's a lot of things going against that for me, mostly related to my environment where i live. I really want to play Firewall Zero Hour, Farpoint, Ultrawings, Moss and Astrobot; those are the ones i'm most hyped for. I don't think i'll be playing horror games (non-VR horror is already way too much for me lol), although i'm tempted to try Until Dawn Rush of Blood since i already got it from PS Plus.

• Banned

So I guess Borderlands 2 VR is a thing.
    To be honest I might double dip for that.

• Banned

PSVR anniversary sale on PSN. Lotta neat stuff on there.

• @el-shmiablo
    Thinking the same, especially if it supports the Navigation controller (the nunchuk of the move controller) that most devs seem to forget about (looking at Doom VFR)

• Banned

@dmcmaster I wish more devs would support the Move even in a non VR sense. It made Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 so much more fun.

• Since this is the month of spooks, I really recommend checking out Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. I just played the first few levels the other day and it's a lot of creepy good fun. I'd just steer clear if you're afraid of clowns, there's a lot.

• I will get a more detailed post out there eventually but I just platinumed Astro Bot Rescue Mission and I cannot recommend the game enough. It is so charming, creative and fun. Even if you don't have an interest in platformers, I still feel like it's a must have if you've got PSVR

• this is hilarious:

Youtube Video

• Brad has me covered and reviewed Astro Bot

Youtube Video

• Lately used PSVR a bit. Played some Wipeout and Astro Bot and also watched a whole movie because I can just lie down and see it on "a bigger screen" just to try it out. Watched Wheels on Meals on DVD so image quality won't suffer or look bad but will try later on BD ones to compare how it fares.

• This could be some interesting stuff for future VR content. There has been a massive Valve leak and it looks like they're making their own consumer VR product

UploadVR - Sources: Valve Planning 135° VR Headset Bundled With ‘Knuckles’ Controllers And Half-Life VR

alt text

We’ve also heard the field of view will be 135° with “Vive Pro resolution.” It may also come bundled with ‘Knuckles’ controllers as well as a Half-Life based VR game that could be a prequel rather than the much-anticipated Half-Life 3.

Definitely take with a handful of salt but there is definitely a lot of work on VR being done over at Valve.

• Astro Bot Rescue Mission - Finally taking a little time out to write on this gem. This is easily one of my favourite games of the year. Last year I was pretty excited about Super Mario Odyssey. After playing that game, I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed as I felt like there wasn't much platforming to do even though it was the best Mario ever felt to control.

Now, a year on and we get Astro Bot and it's pretty much everything I want in a platformer. Basically, you control the astro bot in each level however you are also an entity yourself, another type of robot that you will see quite a bit. As astro bot moves forward you will too so the main thing you do is look around your surroundings. Each level is designed so well that you're constantly making sure you've checked every single detail as each level contains 8 astro bots you must rescue and a Chameleon that you must stare at for a bit. This feels perfect to me. While in Odyssey you had an insane amount of moons to find, at various levels of difficulty, here you have a very specific amount to find and it makes you want to go back and find anything you miss.

On top of that, this is how you make a platformer in VR. Since your view is constantly on the move it makes the art of judging the jump so much fun. Sometimes you're to the left, other time underneath, above etc. It always just feels fresh. To add to it, they smartly give the bot a jetpack/laser boots so you can still judge roughly wear it will land too.

The level and boss design in this game is outstanding too. Each level just feels so refreshing to play and they do a great job in mixing things up. And I haven't mentioned that you as the moving entity get items too. You will get grapple hooks, shurikens, water guns, etc that also add to each level in different ways and you as the player can be attacked with goo or hit by a cannon ball. It just adds that extra bit of depth that you're in this world too. Oh and again, the bosses in this game are so fun, each one is truly unique and looks amazing.

The other thing this game has that I love is challenges. Again, my major gripe with Odyssey was that after beating the game, there was only 2 real challenges and one was just a beat all the bosses again run. In Rescue Mission, you are given a challenge for every chameleon you find. These will range from time trials to shooting galleries, boss fights etc. They were a blast to play through.

I only have two real... I guess complaints regarding the game. One is that there is no real consistency to the levels. In one level, you're underwater and the next you're at the top of a mountain. It would have been nice to progress a bit more naturally but that's a small complaint with how excellent the levels are. The other thing is I can't believe there isn't a speed run mode or some type of leaderboards there, it's one of those little things that I think could add a lot of fun to some players.

So you've surely noticed I've compared the game to Odyssey a lot and that's because this game is honestly that standard. It is fantastic and an absolute must buy if you've got PSVR, easily my favourite game on the system.

• Superhot VR - I actually had no idea this had a campaign. I played it at a bunch of shows and thought Superhot was the campaign and the VR was just the endless modes but I was very wrong. It's maybe and hour or two long and it's exactly what you'd expect from Superhot if you've seen or played it.

The cool thing that VR does is add a bit more intensity to certain situations. Without spoiling too much, there are times when you're told to do something to yourself and that just feels a bit more apparent in VR.

Now Superhot VR is excellent and it's always the game I mention when people talk about VR but the PSVR version of this game is the worst from my experience. I just found several times that picking up things and throwing things just isn't good with the move controllers. It just doesn't feel accurate at times and I think that's a real shame as the game is excellent.

I'd still recommend it, especially if you haven't played it on Rift or Vive but it's definitely the least favourable version for me.

• Oh also, I want to mention I have played some more Firewall Zero Hour and it is a great little game. At first I really struggled just aiming properly and still kinda do I feel but I've focused on it a bit more and am taking things a lot slower and have found the game to be really intense and tactical. The best is if you do queue up with a team that is communicating as that's vital for both when you're alive and dead as you cans till guide your teammates around.

I just need to put more time into it.

• Been waiting for a decent sell on PSVR for a while now, looks like Playstation's Black Friday sale will have the PSVR headset,camera, Moss and Rescue Bot for $199. $199 has kinda been the price where I'd really consider getting PSVR, however now that I've played Tetris Effect I'm not sold on getting this bundle and I'm excited for it. I picked up a couple move controllers years ago knowing at some point I'd snag a PSVR.

• @themarcv That bundle sounds great. I played a demo of Moss and loved it and I've already spoken very highly of Astro Bot. I don't think you can go wrong with that.

• Banned

I already have the camera and a bunch of VR compatible titles. Anybody know of any deals on just the headset?