Ally Introductions

• I didn't see a Community focused forum section so I'll include this info here. I'll also include a basic template for Ally introductions. Feel free to answer as little or as much info about yourself as you're willing to include and edit the template to your liking.

Name -
    Located -
    For a living I -
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies) -
    Gaming Historical facts -
    Firm believer that -
    Champion of -
    PSN -
    Stream -
    XBL -
    Twitch -
    Twitter -

Name - Dennis
    Originally from - New York, NY
    Currently living - Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Home Console History - Gaming since I was four when my dad got my older sister an NES for her birthday in 1989 and haven't looked back since. Best gaming memories come from Final Fantasy IX and Xbox Live Arcade.
    I'm a HUGE LOVER of - a good online co-op.
    Firm believer that - the Black-Ops 3 campaign was the best since COD4.
    Champion of - the PS2 game R.A.D. because more people need to play it.
    PSN - DemonRacer999 (don't ask - Also please let us change our names Shu)
    Stream - Anonymous Henchman
    Twitter - Civil_Warlord
    Where my username came from - I was working with an international firm on an importing contract. The business my client wanted to make the deal with was from Africa and didn't speak English so we had an interpreter present. In downtime my client and the African guy were chatting about politics (through the interpreter). Every time the interpreter said the phrase "Western President" he had this big grin on his face. When the negotiations were done I the interpreter why he kept grinning and he told me that there were no words for "Western Leader," "American President," or "Prime Minster" in that language. They only called them "Polite" or "Civil Warlords."

Also - Feel free to add yourself to the Ally Map. Just go to the link below, click edit, click add marker, and place it where you want and fill in the boxes. (Edit: Google sign-in no longer required and I have the list auto-reset every time I log in so it populates in the order pins are dropped. The sooner you drop a pin the higher you'll be provided I log in once daily)
    (You don't need to put an exact address. I personally just dropped a pin closest to the city I live in from a relatively zoomed out area)

• Very nice idea, here's my short introduction:

Name - Liana
    Located - Bucharest, Romania
    For a living I - I'm a computer engineer and I currently work as a pre-sales technology consultant on middleware (I basically implement proof of concepts and demos and reply to RFxs).
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - Reading, Biking, Fitness, Building Gunpla ( :D ) and I'm as weeabo as one can get haha. I have an impressive collection of books, manga and jRock CDs and DVDs of which I'm very proud. ^^ I love reading about quantum physics and space and watching Studio Ghibli films. Fluent in French as well and trying to learn Japanese.
    Gaming historical facts - I used to play games on PC only while growing up (A lot of HoMM and cRPGs), but those PS exclusives looked so nice that I caved in, sold my PC and bough a PS3 late in the gen (around when TLoU came out). Then I got a Vita - PS4 - DS - N3DS, in that order.
    Champion of - Grammar! Common sense! (Love and) Respect! :thumbsup:
    PSN - crimilde0
    Twitter - @liana_lixandru
    Username origin - Italian spelling of Kriemhild from the Nibelungenlied 'cause I liked how it sounds. :grin:

Cheers everyone!

• Nickname: Nillend
    Located: EU, Slovenia :flag_si:
    For living: College/university (or whatever might be equivalent in your area) student of social sciences
    Non-gaming hobbies: Writing (book, reviews,blogs), cross-country skiing, SUPing
    Gaming history: PC exclusive, not because i dislike consoles, but because I grew up with it and I didn't ever adapted to a controller. Only got into gaming seriously last year, when I also got familiar with EZA, at that time Gametrailers.
    Firm believer that: Like Huber said: Play what you want to play. Ubisoft should release new GOOD prince of persia and SWTOR is actually not that bad, but Star wars needs a genuinely new good game. Seriously.
    Champion of: Procrastination
    PSN: /
    XBL: /
    Steam, twitch, twitter and basically everything: Nillend
    Picked the name from the main character from the story I'm writing.
    Won't say what I think, unless you ask for it. But i will listen to your troubles and will help you find a solution. Or if you just want to cry, that is fine too. :D

• Name - Heath
    Located - Indiana, USA
    For a living I - Retail

Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - Reading, experimental gardening and cooking.

Gaming History - Started off as a kid with an Atari and a weird old pre-Windows Dos based PC. Eventually got a Super Nintendo and Gameboy, then an N64 and PS1. Won a PS2 at my high school after prom. Briefly owned an OG Xbox and Xbox 360. Bought a Gamecube when the price was cut to $99, somewhere along the line got a GBA and DS. Finally got a PS3 when Star Ocean 4 released on it with dual audio, got a 3DS (Amabassador, baby!), got a Wii U to play Wii and Wii U games, and just this year finally got a PS4.

Firm believer that - Everyone should play Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon for the Wii

Champion of -Aforementioned game.

Twitch - Minamik, though I don't stream
    Twitter -@Bakenokawa

Nice to see everyone here, new faces and old! Also, I'm part of Anime EZA. If chat devolved into anime chat, I'm usually present!

• Following the template in order:

Brandon Gann
    South East of the U.S.
    I'm currently a grad student pursuing a master's in Mass Communications
    Non gaming hobbies include anything Star Wars, I throughly enjoy playing pool/billiards (whichever you prefer to call it) and listening to music.
    Console History - Inherited my father's NES, owned my own Playstation One when I was 5, Had a Gameboy Color, Advance, Advance SP, was given a PS2 for Christmas, given a GameCube the next year. Currently own: PS2, DS, PSP, Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox One, PS4.
    Champion of: Final Fantasy VII as it is my favorite game, but there are so many more games I really enjoy.
    PSN: Phoenix-Flyer_7 (I've never went online except to access PS Store)
    Not a streamer
    XBL: LocustHunter17
    Twitch: Same as here! Brannox (But again, I don't stream. Only there for chat).
    Twitter: @GamesGann
    Username info: I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan so I gave my first name a modified Organization XIII treatment.

If there is anything any Ally wishes to know or just wants to say "Hi!" please send along a message here, in Twitch chat, over Twitter, or on Xbox Live (the last one is the least dependable but I don't want to hinder any avenue for contact).

• Diro (also using Diroko, Dirokia, diro432 in chat)
    Texas, USA
    Former mechanical engineer, in the middle of a career change to software engineering
    Magic: the Gathering has been a lifelong companion, been playing since Tempest in all manner of formats. Former hardcore otaku, casual anime fan nowadays. Love fiddling with my hands and have dabbled in a variety of dexterity toys.
    I like to joke that being introduced to Mario is why I wear glasses. Fairly certain I had a knockoff Famicom with several 100-in-1 carts. Then I got a GameBoy and have had every version of that family since. Console-wise, I went Sega Genesis (with an x32), N64, Dreamcast, GameCube, WiiU. Mostly a Nintendo/Blizzard fanboy, my shelves are crammed with every Blizzard Collector's Edition since vanilla WoW.
    Firmly believe that I don't have many firm beliefs, just trying to be the best 'Me' I can be.

• Name: Jai or Aldaira
    Located: Boston area
    For a living I: work in biotech
    Non-gaming Hobbies: writing, doodling, martial arts, a variety of varyingly nerdy TV shows/movies/etc, yelling on the internet
    Gaming History: grew up playing some PC games (Myst, Sims, Descent, King's Quest), but didn't own a console until adulthood - fell in love with games as an adult first with Portal, then the Mass Effect series, and am now dedicating lots of time to catching up on games I've missed and devouring newer things as they come out.
    PSN: aaldaira (in Overwatch, there's like a 40% chance it's my wife playing, though - she tends toward Widowmaker, DVa, & Symmetra, and I'm usually Pharah, Lucio, or Mei.)
    Twitch: aaldaira (just chat so far, no streams, but I'm considering doing some this summer)
    Twitter: @aaldairaa
    Firm believer in: not much at all, but likely to show interest in snarky bro characters, the sea, space travel, the sea as a metaphor for space travel, all things Disney, and people who are passionate about the things they love.

• Name - Eric
    Located - Germany
    For a living I -
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - Football (the real one!^^), cooking

Gaming Historical facts - Started with a SNES, GameBoy and a old 486 PC, after the SNES i switched to PlayStation and never looked back, today i have a Videogame Collection of ~700 games and 12 consoles!

Firm believer that - Deus Ex is the best Videogame ever made!!

Champion of - nothing!

PSN - TorroBulba
    Steam - Exist 2 Inspire
    XBL -
    Twitch - Exist_2_Inspire666
    Twitter - @Exist_2_Insprire

• Name - Haya
    Located - Bahrain

Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - Reading, playing board games, TV shows, collecting way too many things and figuring out how best to display them, beginner gardening, and DISNEY.

Gaming Historical facts - I was lucky enough to have a cousin next door who always had the latest in gaming systems which gave me a wide exposure to rarer consoles. I remember constantly playing on the Amiga and my favourite game was the Winter Olympics. I wanted a NES system so much but my mom for some reason was against Nintendo. lol. So the first console we ever got was the Sega genesis and I fell in love with Sega. :heart_eyes_cat: Then we got our first computer in the 90s, I think, and started playing Point and click games. I was a huge fan of Lucas Arts games. :heartbeat:

Firm believer that - Disney is the best.

PSN - Hesperus84
    Steam - faradiddle
    Twitch - Hesperus84
    Twitter - @FairlyAnon

• Name - Michelle
    Located - Arizona
    For a living I - Write promos for businesses, but I'm mainly a full-time student (Game Design Major).
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - Obsessing over Kpop and music in general.
    Gaming Historical facts - Started with a PS2, eventually got a DS and Wii. A disaster happened and all my discs got destroyed, so I've been slowly re-buying what I lost. Stopped gaming for a few years, then came back in full force. Got a Wii U, 3DS, and PS3. Recently bought a Vita which I adore (It's basically my Persona machine).
    Firm believer that - Super Paper Mario is criminally underrated, Midna is the best Zelda companion, and Shoji Meguro is a genius.
    Champion of - Mario Kart (DS onward) and Picross 3D.
    PSN - childofaeolus
    Twitter - @childofaeolus
    -Michemagius is the name I use in gaming communities, childofaeolus is what I use in all other communities. Michelle is my name, Mismagius is (one of) my favorite Pokemon, it just fit (used to be michedreavus but someone stole it from me). As for childofaeolus, I was really in to Greek mythology in middle school, and for some reason I'm still using the name.

• Name - ZyloWolfBane (I keep my name private online lol)

Located - Near Los angeles, CA

For a living I - Wannabe Twitch Broadcaster, freelance work.

Non-gaming Hobby(ies) -Tabletop gaming, TCGs, Heavy Metal Enthusiast

Gaming Historical facts - Well this is more of a personal gaming fact, RPGs in the 80s actually encouraged me to learn to read at the age of 4 so I could play the original Dragon Quest on NES, which we got for subscribing to Nintendo Power, Enix a year later actually sent us a letter that came with a coupon for Dragon Quest 2! Game companies were really cool back then!

Firm believer that - Too much hype can be a bad thing

Champion of - Beards and Dark Beers.

PSN -ZyloWolfBane
    Steam -ZyloWolfBane
    Twitch - ZyloWolfBane
    Twitter - @ZyloWolfBane

• Cool topic! I dig getting to know all of you a bit more.

Located - New England
    Age - 20
    For a living - popcorn saleswoman and art student
    Non-gaming Hobbies - film photography, oil painting, taking boats to random places with my buds
    Gaming Historical facts - played anything on Blockbuster's shelves
    Firm believer that - The Boys of Summer by Don Henley is the greatest song of all time
    Champion of - all-nighters, dishwashing, third wheelin' and dealin'

• Name - ObbyDent
    Located - Pacific Northwest
    For a living I - Create video content for my university
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - Nerding out and creating film
    Gaming Historical facts - First video game I ever played was Pokemon Crystal version.
    Firm believer that - EZA is the best gaming community and group in the world
    Champion of - authentic and immersive gaming experiences.
    PSN - ObbyDent
    Steam - ObbyDent
    XBL - LOL no thanks
    Twitch - ObbyDent
    Twitter - GamingOblivion

• Name - Andrew
    Located - Shanghai via Vancouver
    For a living I work as a photographer photographing large developments like office buildings, hotels and malls around Asia
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - photography (it bleeds over), music, movies, Youtube, eating anything and everything, traveling, going out with friends (Shanghai is a great city to socialize and network)
    Gaming Historical facts - I've been into video games my whole life. As long as I can remember, I've been drawn to them. Despite this, I didn't own a console or play any video games seriously from 2002 until 2013.
    Firm believer that - You attract more bees with honey than vinegar
    Champion of - making decent drinks with vodka
    PSN - matteroffactSH

• Since I never had an account on the GT forums, i think is appropiate do this:

Name - Pablo
    Located - Chile
    For a living I - Do boardgame demos for a game distributor. Most of the time I study physics though.
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - I write reviews on a blog, but they're in spanish.
    Gaming Historical facts - I got into gaming when I was like 11, and haven't stopped since. Played a lot of N64 and Gamecube games when I strated and then got introduced to PC gaming and the marvels of the internet. I think that finding GT in 2013 helped me a lot with getting to know a lot of new games and genres that I wasn't interested in before.
    A few years ago, I used to administrate a gaming forum, go to events and organize tournaments. Now I'm happy with just being a normal user :p
    Firm believer that - Videogames are the artform of the 21st century.
    Champion of - Carcassonne.
    Steam - JazzBoatman
    Twitter - PabloIsRight

• Everything that I want to share at this time is in my profile.

• Name: Caleb
    Located: Spring Hill, FL (USA)
    For a living I work at a local hospital while attempting to manage course work for my BS.
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies): Reading. Mostly literary classics. I enjoy writing, as well. And I collect vinyls of '80s rock albums like Appetite for Destruction and Pyromania.
    Gaming Historical facts: Played my fair share of PlayStation classics and even some 16-bit titles when I was very young. First console I owned was a PS2 when I was 8. I have owned each succeeding PlayStation and XBox console. Haven't owned one from Nintendo though (hopefully the NX will be my first). Fell in love with franchises like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Jak & Daxter, Mass Effect, and Elder Scrolls (to name a few). Got into PC gaming a few years ago. My library is now pretty evenly-split between my PC and my PS4. Haven't seen a reason to get an XBox One yet. My personal greatest games of all time are Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 9, and Final Fantasy 6 (in that order).
    I am a firm believer that a video game can enthrall you into a world, cause you to fall in love with a character, or take you on a journey of mystery and discovery far more effectively than a novel or film ever could. Also, games are not only used for escapism. You can actually learn a surprising amount about yourself from a game.
    Champion of: MGS3 multiplayer. Only one that I really got into. For some reason my brain could understand the horrible control scheme. Still miss it, though.
    Twitch: caleb_aranda
    PSN: cal_aran

• Name: Sebastian
    Located: in germany
    For a living I: try to tinker around with ones and zeros
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies): anime, manga, light novels, japanese(language), japan in general, music, programming
    Gaming Historical facts: started with zelda 2 on the NES(hated the game at the time, i was young...), but fell in love with gaming on the n64 (Zelda OoT, Turok, so many others). Loved Pokemon Red in grade school. Fell in love with playstation with Metal Gear Solid. Liked Halo since the first game, but hated gears of war. Currently a Nintendo believer and Sony lover. Got nothing against the xbox though.
    Firm believer that: the new Zelda is gonna be the bestestest thing ever.
    Champion of: nothing, really.
    PSN: guroneko182
    Stream -
    XBL -
    Twitch: guroneko182
    Twitter: @Ruushii182

• Name - Curtis
    Located - Buffalo New York, United States
    For a living I - Am a stay -at-home dad and do web design
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - Table-top gaming, Board Games, Reading
    Firm believer that - Cthulhu slumbers
    Champion of - Nyarlathotep
    PSN - Zekebaker
    Twitch - Zekebaker34

• Name - Jack Kaplan.
    Age - 20
    Located - Västerås, Sweden.
    For a living I - am a college student and competitive Overwatch player.
    Non-gaming Hobby(ies) - writing, music, film, girls.
    Gaming Historical facts - Quake junior player 2005-2007, CSGO competetive player 2013-2015.
    Firm believer that - Bosman is best ally.
    Champion of - The sun.
    Steam -
    Twitch -
    Twitter -

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.