Censorship topic (out of the news thread)

• What a pathetically simple way of seeing the issue. The typical, narrow minded sight of a liberal.

Mod Edit - User has been warned

• @sheria I read that in Ben Shapiro's voice and have been laughing for several minutes now.

Thank you.

But seriously, what does this say about censorship other than that China lives under an oppressive regime that indoctrinates it's peoples from a very young age to obey their ruling figure?
    This is a county that has banned skeletons for being too spoopy for fuck's sake.

• I laughed longer, I asure you, we now understand where you source your knowledge lol.

• @sheria Are you actually going to add anything to the conversation or just keep parroting conservative buzzwords and phrases?
    I'm cool wither either, really.

• What's your take Sheria?

• @el-shmiablo said in Censorship topic (out of the news thread):

@sheria Are you actually going to add anything to the conversation or just keep parroting conservative buzzwords and phrases?
    I'm cool wither either, really.

I'll parrot whenever you do

• @sheria But you aren't.
    I've offered an opinion, and instead of offering any kind of rebuttal or counter point, you're kinda just throwing a tantrum and acting very juvenile.

So like my homie Dipset asked, what is your take?

• @el-shmiablo said in Censorship topic (out of the news thread):

@sheria But you aren't.
    I've offered an opinion, and instead of offering any kind of conjecture or counter point, you're kinda just throwing a tantrum and acting very juvenile.

So like my homie Dipset asked, what is your take?

Your "opinion" on the subject is as much of a Parrott as anything I've seen here, just another echo of someone here that you agreed with.

My take has been said before, nothing new has been bought to the table, in fact it's got to be the worst example of rehashing a thread that I've seen.

Please don't use the term juvenile though, not when you're comments I've followed over the last decade have shown you as you are.

• @sheria it is hard to say you are not coming off as juvenile with your comments, it's fine if you don't wanna give your take, but don't expect others to take what you are saying seriously if this all you are going to say.

• @sheria I find it kind of absurd that you are getting defensive when you started the whole thing. As Shmiablo said, you offered no take at all. Your only contribution was to name call. If you want to talk, please talk, but don't continue to jab at someone for seemingly no reason. It comes off as bitter and -- as others have said -- juvenile.

• Global Moderator

@Sheria Take it down a notch. You might not agree with the people, but the way you are engaging in the discussing is by name calling and trying to trigger others. I dont say you have to agree with them, but approach it in a more mature way than calling it all juvenile etc.

• Ugh.

0_1551908824410_1551905555142.png

Dang Valve, telling me what I can and can't play.

• I bet you that developer will make a lot more money because of this controversy.

• @iboshow
    Probably, at least more then they would of made had it released on Steam, will probably find it's way to Nutaku or something in a few days

• From what I've heard about this whole thing it just reads to me like Hatred: Sexual Content Edition. Banking on the streisand effect to do the marketing for them, and whenever it shows up on some other platform it'll probably do just fine.

• It's crazy that they're using such careful language to justify their decision: "unknown costs and risks", "We respect developers' desires to express themselves", "difficult for us to help them"...

Can't you just say "This game is horrible and shouldn't exist and we refuse to be associated with it or whoever made it"?

Because really, fuck this game and whoever made it...

• Yeah I don't get why Steam is being so vague about their reasoning. Just say "this game is shit and we don't want it," and I'm sure 99% of people will be ok with it. I'm sure it has to do with not wanting to violate their new hands-off policy, but a game that encourages sexual assault is much different than some horny guy's visual novel.

• Damn! I better get a refund!

• @capnbobamous Because then all of the shitty manchildren who make up a significant amount of "gamers" that don't understand what free speech means will have a complete mental break and take out all their misplaced sexual frustration on Valve.

• @el-shmiablo I say let them cry. Steam will not be hurt in the slightest by their complaining, and it serves as entertainment for the rest of us.