The Outer Worlds - (PC/PS4/XBO)

• I started playing Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines because of this Outer Worlds hype. I also intend on modding Fallout 2 and trying it for the first time. ALSO intend on modding New Vegas heavily to make it fresh to go back to.

I have to say I love Vampire a few hours in. The writing is kinda cute - tongue in cheek. Mixes vampire literature into modern RPG dialogue.

All that said, its just making me more and more excited for Outer Worlds. I think now that RE2 is out, I'm most excited for this game in 2019.

• @dipset Vampire is a great game, but I've never actually finished it. There's a section halfway through that is just aggressively obtuse, so much so that I never make it past it.

• @capnbobamous

When I downloaded the Unofficial Patch "mod" it says it comes with a guide but I'm not sure where that guide is located. Def not in-game.

I'm not gonna pull hair over finishing it. I got 4 classic RPG games that I've never touched before and I intend on modding them (for essential modernization reasons) and chipping away at them all. I'm on a cRPG hype train and its stopping at The Outer Worlds. I bought STALKER SoC, Deus Ex, Gothic 2 Gold, and Vampire.

I'm a modding noob, only ever using mods on The Elder Scrolls which is noob friendly through Nexus so I think I find modding more obtuse than anything an RPG from the early 2000s can throw at me.

• @dipset That's really the only moment that is bad, so if you can make it past then it's smooth sailing. I understand if you don't want to make that commitment though.

Also the guide is probably a read me file inside of whatever folder the patch downloaded into.

• So uhhhh... this game is coming out THIS month. It totally snuck up on me as I thought it was releasing in February 2020 but clearly I’m smoking crack.

TOW shares a release date with COD MW and I will be getting both games but damn, what a tough time to come out. Either release the same month as COD or get buried in Vampire, Cyberpunk, and FF7 early next year. Tough spot to be in.

• I have this pre-ordered. Probably my next game after I finish Control. Might be a few weeks though. Looking forward to some Obsidian goodness!

• It's apparently available on Gamepass

• @dmcmaster

Is the Gamepass for PC up to snuff now (matched with Xbox library) or is that coming next gen? I might bite on the $1 subscription if I can get TOW on PC.

• I hope to be able to lost myself into this world, I'm in need of a good rpg. This should offer interesting characters, milieus and missions based on what they've shown. Some nice humor, too. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about are the likely bugs a game like this will propably have at launch. Some patches are most likely needed to smooth things along the way, but I think I'm still brave enough to get this Day 1.

• @dipset
    Not sure haven't checked the PC version yet

• @dipset Basically still just Microsoft exclusives (so like 2 games worth actually playing) and a handful of 3rd parties.

• @el-shmiablo

Ahhh so I think the uniformity between PC and Xbox Gamepass is coming later. Considering I already own Forza Horizon 4, I would argue none of those exclusives are worth a subscription service.

MAYBE when MCC has a full release and Forza 8 comes out, I’ll bite on the $1.

Until then, Obsidian gets my full $79.99

• I've pre-loaded it onto my xbox already. Gamepass has saved me a small fortune this year

• Will try it out on Gamepass, then determine a purchase

• Digital editions can pre-load the Day One patch along with the full game, but the physical editions will face updates of 38GB on Xbox One and 18GB on PS4. So it might take a while, be warned.
    https://www.destructoid.com/the-outer-worlds-has-a-big-day-one-update-569749.phtml

• I’ll probably buy it on Steam next week and do the pre-load. People have said Steam pre-load “unlocking” is really bad and slow but I did it with Sekiro and it was fast for me.

Unfortunately I have social obligations and I can’t just hunker down and play immediately after work. Sometimes I wish I was more anti-social

• @sentinel-beach

That is not a First Day Update, that is Here's Game's Other Half Update! Not cool.

• @dipset said in The Outer Worlds - (PC/PS4/XBO):

Sometimes I wish I was more anti-social

Haha, I think like that a lot.
    I feel like a dick though.

• @thedemonpirate

Sometimes spending time with friends is the OBVIOUS choice. No question that those moments are more valuable than some dumb games.

Other times... do I reeeeeeaaaally need to do pumpkin carving with coworkers on a Friday night when I could be playing The Outer Worlds......

• The Outer Worlds - Official Launch Trailer | PS4
    Youtube Video