The Outer Worlds - (PC/PS4/XBO)

• @dipset I used a respec once. You get back your leveling up points, perks and companion perks. You can't change the original stats from character creation though. At least I haven't seen a way to change them.

Has anyone accepted the optional bonus perks? The negative effects often don't seem worth it, especially when playing on hard difficulty. The only one I accepted was; take 25% more shock damage. I recently got my first tier 3 perk and those are way more powerful than the first two tiers.

• @b-cell I gotta disagree. The enemy AI is abysmal. You have to turn the difficulty up to have any sort of challenge.

• @hazz3r said in The Outer Worlds - (PC/PS4/XBO):

@b-cell I gotta disagree. The enemy AI is abysmal. You have to turn the difficulty up to have any sort of challenge.

any RPG have bad AI.

this is only RPG where gameplay and combat doesnot suck. it suck in mass effect, in witcher, in elder scrolls, in fallout etc.

Outer worlds on other hand run smooth, control smooth and combat is satisfying.

• Ehhh, I'd say the combat in The Outer Worlds is good but barely any better than Fallout 4 which was actually pretty good I'll admit. The ADS and general movement in FO4 was good.

TOW at least has it surpassed because any weapon type and character build is viable and meshes well with combat whereas you never feel like you should use melee in Fallout 4. But I mean, combat in Divinity Original Sin II is basically perfection and as close to DnD as a video game will ever get.

Combat in Deus Ex Mankind Divided is pretty solid as well. I just don't like the cover shooting but its still good. Call me crazy but its not bad in Mass Effect either, but kinda plain. I hear Andromeda has really good snappy combat.

• Blood's review is out, really enjoyed his thorough text.

The Outer Worlds - Easy Allies Review
    Youtube Video

I have to say that the game'll most likely take 60 hours to finish for me as well. Just left Groundbreaker on lvl 11, propably 15+ hrs in, and I have three new directions with sidequests I aim to complete even before continuing with the main quest.

• I'm a Space Cowboy.

• @paulmci27
    Riding all night cause you sleep all day?

• @dmcmaster I can smell a tumor pig a mile away.

• Just this minute finished the game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was an incredible surprise for me personally as it was never even remotely on my radar prior to its release. I've spent quite a lot of money on my house recently so while I don't usually trade games in, I might actually swap it for Death Stranding later on seeing as I finished it rather quickly.

• @sheria said in The Outer Worlds - (PC/PS4/XBO):

Just this minute finished the game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was an incredible surprise for me personally as it was never even remotely on my radar prior to its release. I've spent quite a lot of money on my house recently so while I don't usually trade games in, I might actually swap it for Death Stranding later on seeing as I finished it rather quickly.

Its definitely better than any RPG i played apart from Deus Ex and System shock 2 but after completeing it. its pretty mixed bag. more i play, enemies get more and more bulletsponges. that make combat unfun.

although i like exploring different planets.

its just a good fallout game.

I rate it 7/10

• Still early on despite playing 18 hours. COD MW happened and I can't seem to put that down.

Now that I've been hearing all of this high praise for Disco Elysium, I'm craving some of that too. Again, just so many damn good RPG games out now and coming soon.

• Finished the final mission without firing a single shot. Felt good and earned, that one. It's all about that silver tongue.

The game itself was pretty much all that I hoped it to be. A sort of tighter Fallout in space. I enjoyed the skill and dialogue checks the most. And getting really good outcomes for everything during the final words looking back to everything I had done on my journey with my crew.

• Finished the game last night. I liked its stories both big and small, but the most impressive thing was the game design.

I love doing all quests in RPG, so I love quest and map markers so much that games without them (like Breath of the Wild) feels hollow and lacking of content for me. But in The Outer Worlds the map was just the right size to simultaneously give you space for exploration and guide you to your next quest. Also the writing is so good that you really want to talk to non-questgivers, only to discover that they actually have a quest for you.

I was a bit surprised by its short length (I did almost everything in 25 hours), but I will definitely play it again soon, so it’s not a huge problem. Also getting such great game for free with Game Pass rules!