The Outer Worlds - (PC/PS4/XBO)

• Finished the game last night. I liked its stories both big and small, but the most impressive thing was the game design.

I love doing all quests in RPG, so I love quest and map markers so much that games without them (like Breath of the Wild) feels hollow and lacking of content for me. But in The Outer Worlds the map was just the right size to simultaneously give you space for exploration and guide you to your next quest. Also the writing is so good that you really want to talk to non-questgivers, only to discover that they actually have a quest for you.

I was a bit surprised by its short length (I did almost everything in 25 hours), but I will definitely play it again soon, so it’s not a huge problem. Also getting such great game for free with Game Pass rules!

• Just started the game last night, first hour in. Solid character creator, fun and cheeky writing, and stats that actually matter for dialogue branches: the classic Obsidian hallmarks are popping up already. It's already brimming with personality in it's writing (can't get enough of the ship AI making mediocre threats while it lasted). Thank you Black Friday for making me get this game earlier than I expected.