2019 looks to be one of the most amazing year in gaming.

• Hello friends,

this year was very disappointing but looking at next year from january to december. it looks just so amazing. last time it was 2007 that was looking this good.

heres what coming next year

Resident Evil 2 Remake - many people regard RE2 as best RE game. and this getting remake in over the shoulder perspective is best thing happen to it just like RE7 in FP is best thing happen to series. its coming in January and and it can become best in series.

Metro Exodus - This was my dream game since long time and i cant believe it has been coming in 2 months. im expecting it to be one of the best FPS ever. as they are turning Metro into more of Stalker like experience with deep immersive storytelling.

DOOM Eternal - Sequel to best FPS of this generation. or even best game. what else need to know? looks more badass than Original Reboot with set on earth and how Doom slayer interact with humans too this time.

The Outer worlds - Another amazing game going to released in 2019 and it looks better than fallout or borderlands has ever been. this can be best FPS/RPG hybrid since Deus Ex1/System shock 2. easily one of the most impressive game that just revealed.

RAGE 2 - Well not expecting it to be some kind of masterpiece because not every game has to be but it looks like fun fast paced shooter with car combat that looks very fun.

Dying Light 2 - Hated the original but Dying light 2 was one of the most impressive game revealed this years E3. gone from generic zombie game to deep immerisve story driven first person action game.

Shenmue 3 - One of vaporware that is finally releasing next year and finishing the storyline that was ended in to be continue previously. and probably one of the most wanted games by many since decade. I liked first 2 so looking forward to it.

Mortal Kombat 11 - MK9 was best storyline fighting game ever. instead of selecting characters, it follow the story segments and give you character to play. they innovate fighting game storyline as result street fighter and tekken stole it. further more its one of the oldest franchise and one of the first gory series.

Sekiro Shadows Die Twice - From a developer of dark souls that many people loved. i for one glad that its not RPG rather than action game. being RPG means combat and gameplay scarifies.

Kingdom hearts 3 - I may not care about this game but it has fans and one of the game keep asking by them that is finally coming.

so my friends, there lots coming out next year and it appears that it looks to be one of the most exciting years coming out.

what do you think? lets discuss

• This year was a complete bomb, so I sincerely hope so. Your line up there, bar MK, is killer though so I believe it could well be.

• @sheria said in 2019 looks to be one of the most amazing year in gaming.:

so I sincerely hope so. Your line up there, bar MK, is killer though so I believe it could we

exactly this year was one of the worst year in gaming. last time it was 2014 that was this bad.

but 2019 looks opposite even if half of games delivered. the worst thing was awards show. they hype like 10 more games to get announced yet nothing got announced (outside of excellent outer worlds).

RDR2 PC version is highly likely to release in 2019 so that i can play and see if its as good as critics think.

• I mean, 2019 does look awesome.

Resident Evil 2 has me damn near shaking in excitement and horror. I also know I'll very likely enjoy The Outer Worlds so long as it doesn't take itself too seriously. Then Kingdom Hearts III seems like it'll be one of the best things a video game and Disney fan could ever ask for.

With that said, 2018 wasn't a bomb for me. I played the most games this year since high school and loved every second of that. Yakuza 6 became one of my all time favourite games, for example.

I'd also say 2017 comes in second place to 2007 as my favourite year in gaming ever: Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Persona 5, The Evil Within 2, Nioh, Divinity II, Mario Odyssey, Resident Evil 7, Cuphead, Hollow Knight, Hellblade, GT Sport, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Life Is Strange BTS.

Then there were games that I didn't like very much but others did: Zelda BOTW, Horizon, Fortnight, Forza 7, PUBG.

Gonna be hard for 2019 to top that let alone 2007.

• Not sure what you are on about mate. 2018 was fucking stellar.
    God of War, Spiderman, Detroit, Celeste, Cuphead, Hollow Knight, Forza Horizon 4, Smash Bros Ultimate, Red Dead Redemption 2, Battlefield V, Dragon Ball Fighter, Soul Calibur VI, Ni no Kuni 2, Hitman 2, Octopath Traveller, Dragon Quest XI, Spyro... shit son, I'm probably forgetting a ton of stuff but that is already a pretty amazing year.

2019 does look great, but in my opinion, 2018 is a tough year to beat.

• @el-shmiablo
    Yakuza 6,Kiwami 2 and Fist of the North Star

• @el-shmiablo How many of those are FPS though? ;)

• @axel
    Fair point, if it isnt a FPS Bcell isn't touching it

• I certainly don't agree with this year being terrible, but I also think it was much worse than last year, that said I do think next year can be nuts but particularly for myself I'm confident (hopeful) on three games coming out next year.

Cyberpunk
    Trails of Cold Steel 3
    Psychonauts 2

and I would like to be able to say 13 Sentinels Aigis Rim but given the recent news I'm not to confident on it coming out soon.

• meh, this year is going to be better compared to next year

• Hell DMC5 and Re2make make next year phenomenal, Plus Psychonauts 2 makes it all the sweeter (and hopefully all the stuff with Starbreeze doesn't delay it much)
    But in no way was last year bad

• Next year is going to be great since Xbox Too and PS5 will be releasing.

• God of War is mediocre. GTA V is mediocre. Vampyr is mediocre. That's it for me so far in 2018.

Just realized I typed GTA V instead of RDR2. Must be because Rockstar never fixes the main problems, like the bad combat/movement. I sold RDR2 after only four hours. DMC5, Sekiro and RE2 can't be worse than any of the above.

• @ezekiel

You missed out, in Chapter 6 and the game is phenomenal, there are a few things I'd like to see tweaked in the control department, but the story, atmosphere and world are all stellar. And even with the controls, other than trying to shoot on horse back, I really enjoy the combat controls . It is out of combat that bothered me, like in rooms, slow walk in camp and trying to hitch a horse, but other than that, no complaints

• @acardattack I honestly wouldn't bother.
    He's like a less entertaining B-Cell.

• @el-shmiablo said in 2019 looks to be one of the most amazing year in gaming.:

@acardattack I honestly wouldn't bother.

the mix reception by fans of RDR2 especially controls and mission design make me worried. but lets hope its not another witcher 3 ie praise like best thing since slice bread yet mediocre game with bad combat.

• @acardattack said in 2019 looks to be one of the most amazing year in gaming.:

@ezekiel

You missed out, in Chapter 6 and the game is phenomenal, there are a few things I'd like to see tweaked in the control department, but the story, atmosphere and world are all stellar. And even with the controls, other than trying to shoot on horse back, I really enjoy the combat controls . It is out of combat that bothered me, like in rooms, slow walk in camp and trying to hitch a horse, but other than that, no complaints

I may play it again when it's on PC. At least then Free Aim won't be complete garbage. The action wouldn't have gotten more fun three hours or ten hours later. It's just a very flawed game. I wrote about it in more detail here: https://ezekiel43.wordpress.com/2018/10/28/red-dead-redemption-2

@el-shmiablo said in 2019 looks to be one of the most amazing year in gaming.:

@acardattack I honestly wouldn't bother.

That's just mean. I put a lot more effort into my complaints than B-Cell. But I guess that's what most game communities have come to. You have to like the popular AAA shit and if you don't you're an idiot.

• @b-cell I'm pretty sure that mediocre combat and and slightly sluggish controls were quite a conmon point of contention for most who played the game. Where it excelled was it's world building, complex narrative, fantastically realized characters, and granular world design full of things to do.
    I understand this concept is incredibly hard for you to grasp, but not everybody wants the same things as you do from games, and some games excel in other areas so splendidly that they can be forgiven for other shortcomings. Take for instance Hitman 2. It may have one of the most embarrassingly bad stories in gaming history, but the complexity of it's level design and creative methods of completing contracts helps players to ignore that and focus on what the game does excel at, which is hitting mans.

@Ezekiel
    0_1544539635206_614VmsFwoNL.SX425.jpg

• @el-shmiablo said in 2019 looks to be one of the most amazing year in gaming.:

I understand this concept is incredibly hard for you to grasp, but not everybody wants the same things as you do from games

That's understandable. I have the right to disagree with these people and call RDR2 what it is. A mediocre game with some of the worst action in modern console games. The problems CAN'T be forgiven, considering how much action there is. If I am given guns, I expect good gunplay and movement.

• I just realized there was a pretty good game I played from 2018. Shadow of the Colossus. But you can hardly count a 1:1 remake.