Any 2018 games you want but skipped till later?

• @acardattack No, it came out February 2017, and its expansion came out last December.

• @brannox

Damn time flies, thought it came out beginning of this year

• Fist of the North Star, it came out short after Yakuza Kiwami 2 and when it comes to Yakuza-esque games, I want to take a small break from it, otherwise I'll feel fatigued with the franchise.

• Quite a few! This year has been insane.

Yakuza 6
    Vampyr
    Dead Cells
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    Mega Man 11
    Hitman 2
    Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

• Dragon Quest XI
    Divinity Original Sin 2
    Yakuza 6 & Kiwami 2
    AC Odyssey
    Detroit Become Human

• ALL OF THEM (Except Smash Bros).
    Can't wait til I can finally settle down in one place long enough to invest in a TV/home consoles. T-7 months til defense day (hopefully)!

• @axel said in Any 2018 games you want but skipped till later?:

Quite a few! This year has been insane.

Yakuza 6
    Vampyr
    Dead Cells
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    Mega Man 11
    Hitman 2
    Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

I haven't really liked the small bit of Vampyr I've played, I will give it another shot, but I'm not expecting big things.

I bought Dead Cells too, but despite it going for that "souls" kind of thing, I still think the game is incredibly unfair. You literally feel like your not making any progress for quite some time.

• At some point i want to play Ni No Kuni 2 (not getting it soon, i'm not in the mood yet), Detroit Become Human (the thought of having to make story decisions always gave me anxiety lol, so i don't think i'll try this out soon too), and Hitman 2 (might get this very soon, i'm really in the mood for some Hitman).

• @bam541 said in Any 2018 games you want but skipped till later?:

At some point i want to play Ni No Kuni 2 (not getting it soon, i'm not in the mood yet), Detroit Become Human (the thought of having to make story decisions always gave me anxiety lol, so i don't think i'll try this out soon too), and Hitman 2 (might get this very soon, i'm really in the mood for some Hitman).

I think you'll enjoy Detroit if you go in with the right mindset. The best way to enjoy a game like that is to just let it flow naturally.

Gamers have a certain way of thinking, be it aiming for a certain trophy, or aiming to what they consider will be a "good ending".

Games like Detroit should initially be your story. Let go of everything games have taught you and just see where your uninfluenced choices take the narrative.

• All the first party Playstation games.
    I still need to play Horizon. /cry

• @parasitepaladin me too!! But I got Spiderman for Christmas so that'll be next up...once I've finished red dead 1, which I also skipped in 2010.

• @sheria This.
    Just play the game, and if you screw up... just let it happen. The great thing about the game is that there is zero failstate, and it will just change the story to accommodate your choices.
    Detroit is really the first game I've seen where they actually fully accomplish this. My playthrough was wildly different from my fiances.
    GG David Cage.

• Global Moderator

I think the only big one for me is Yakuza 6. I have Kiwami 2 but haven't started it yet and I haven't really decided if I want to play through the 3-5 remaster or just jump straight to 6.

• After listening to Alana Hagues gush about Crosscode on retro encounter it is now on my to get list

• Red Dead Redemption II for two reasons:

1. There's still too much hype for this game. I don't understand why people are excited about big game that wasn't shown at E3 or other event at any capacity and had bare-bones marketing campaign. My mind is still at everyone-is-wrong-and-I'll-proof-it mode, which is a bad way to approach the game.
    2. Rockstar forgot that games should go on sale during Black Friday and Christmas (they probably too busy overworking their employers) and I would rather skip this game than pay a full price, telling this company that it's OK to mistreat gamers too.

• @ffff0 said:

I don't understand why people are excited about big game that wasn't shown at E3 or other event at any capacity and had bare-bones marketing campaign.

Rockstar street cred, and the sequel to a game that lots of people who don't even usually like Rockstar enjoyed. Also. graphics.

Rockstar forgot that games should go on sale during Black Friday and Christmas

It just came out at the very end of October. 2 months is way too early to expect sales and be upset when they don't happen. I know some publishers today slash their games immediately after launch, especially when they're performing poorly, but that isn't something you should expect of everyone. Now if this time next year the same remains true and they never discounted it at all, then I'll take your side.

I do agree though, the little I've seen of the game so far doesn't seem to be matching the hype I've seen people display over it, and I think even many of the people who were super hyped before launch have simmered down now after finishing the game and have things they didn't like about it. Might be one of those you just have to play yourself to understand what makes it special though. I get that feeling from it.

• @mbun said in Any 2018 games you want but skipped till later?:

2 months is way too early to expect sales and be upset when they don't happen.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - 20% off during Black Friday, released on October 12.
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 40% off during Black Friday, released on October 6.
    Hitman 2 - 33% off during Christmas sale, released on November 13.
    God of War went on sale in early June (don't remember how much exactly).
    And there are many other examples.

So no, putting 2-month old game on sale during Christmas is industry standard. I don't say that it should be 50% off. But it should be on sale.

• @ffff0 Like I said, SOME publishers do it, but don't expect it from everyone. Assassin's Creed in particular is one of those series it almost always happens with. Hitman 2 I worry was due to it underperforming at full price. Not sure how often CoD does this, but wouldn't surprise me if they have sales down to a science with how they perform each year.

• You gotta remember that Rockstar had like 7 years or development, and over 1000 people working on this full time for much of those years, plus crunch and etc. This is likely one of if not THE most expensive video game ever made. They aren't probably going to release how much it actually cost, but simple math indicates that it could be north of 600 million bucks. They may not even have broke even yet factoring in advertising and other costs. If that's the case, putting it on sale is a bad business decision. You wait until sales decline to do that.

• Judges Eyes if that counts