What's the worst video game purchase you've ever made?

• naruto to boruto shinobi striker.

• @bam541 Yeah man early SFV was roouuugh.
    That game has had so many peaks and valleys it is insane.
    It's like "Hey we've reduced the input lag from the highest in almost any fighting game to the lowest in almost any fighting game. How can we please our fanbase after this? I KNOW! IN GAME ADS!!!"

Like what the fuck Ono get it together.

• @el-shmiablo I'm personally still not a fan of the way the game plays but can agree there have been some inspired choices since launch. That said, going from announcing all 6 characters at last year's Capcom Cup to announcing 1 this year and not committing to an exact number of DLC characters for Season 4 is, in my opinion, the worst decision they have made since taking Guile and Alex away from early adopters.

• The Switch, I think. Bought it for Splatoon and Mario as everyone seemed to be enjoying them, but I find them both utterly boring and tedious with poor controls. Plus it never held its charge for longer than a few hours.

• I'm usually very careful when I buy games and there was a phase where I'd try a new IP every summer.

One summer I was excited to give the Uncharted series a shot and went straight to Uncharted 2. Yeah it definitely wasn't for me. It was a mediocre TPS Rambo game in the disguise of Indiana Jones. Gameplay, challenge and exploration are important aspects for me. Uncharted 2 lacked in all those areas.

It also suffered from the common story driven issue of having gameplay that didn't sync up to the story well.

The Last of Us was a far better experience for me.

• Order 1886.

• @kaminski Had the same experience with Uncharted 1, and then I foolishly got 4 expecting it to be better. Least the multiplayer was sick.

• Unlimited Saga. I will forever remember how much I didn't like that game.

• Lion King on the NES... You know how the movie is about the journey of Simba losing his father as a kid, being cast out of his rightful kingdom by his evil uncle, growing up and confronting his past and finally defeating his evil uncle and taking back his kingdom?

Well, this NES game just abruptly ends in the middle of the story. While the SNES/Genesis/PC version has 2 forms of Simba, kid Simba and grown-up Simba, the NES version only has the kid version. I saved up my allowance to buy this game and I played through it in 2 hours since it was way too easy. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to be cool grown-up Simba and attack enemies with my claws.

Luckily I got to go back to the store the next day and trade it for the Game Gear version which did have those sections!

• The Switch as well. Bought it with Mario+Rabbids, played it for 2 days and did not touch it for half a year afterwards. Sold it eventually.