The 2019 Desire Index

• Updated mine to add NFS Heat. Cautiously optimistic. Also removed games that has been released and XIII remake because I just found out it's been delayed to 2020.

@bam541 said in The 2019 Desire Index:

1. The Outer Worlds
    2. Control
    3. Shenmue III
    4. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
    5. Death Stranding
    6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
    7. NFS Heat
    8. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
    9. Medievil Remastered
    10. In the Valley of Gods

• @bam541 Thank you for updating and the XIII remake news! Will adjust accordingly.

• Today is the day the releases start to come at a rapid pace. To kick off, Oninaki is available today and concludes its time on the Master Index at 24th overall with two total desires: sixth highest and 12th highest.

• With 39 games on the Master Index today, the one placing last, Telling Lies, is now out and now trims the list to 38. It had one desire of 12th highest.

• After much waiting, excitement, intrigue, and most definitely desire, the second most coveted game on this Master Index, Control, is now available. Finishing at 12 desires, two people had it as their most desired game while five others had it within their top three.

When such a coveted game is released, it potentially can shake up the order a good bit, so give me some time to update the Master Index accordingly.

• Today is a major day as we have THREE games out! We haven't had such a massive day since February, but let's celebrate what you can play right now!

To start with the lowest, Blair Witch finishes at 36 out of 37 games with one desire of being 11th highest.

But the two major games in comparison (in terms of desire anyway) are Man of Medan (finishing as the eighth most desired game of seven desires, the highest of which was fourth most) and the biggest one, Astral Chain. The third most coveted title had FOUR top desires while four others had it in their top five! Those four top desires are second only the most wanted game, The Outer Worlds!

Enjoy these and many more as we get into the fullest month of September. See ya next week!

• We're now in September, the month of releases where a majority of the Index will be pruned and cut down.

To kick the month off, we have a double release today! Of the two, the lower is Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered. It finishes 14th overall with just three desires (which should let you know, if a game has only three desires and is taken off in the top half, we're getting close to the end!). Of its desires, the highest of which is being second most desired.

But a game that's been on the Index since its inception and been relatively high throughout has been Catherine: Full Body. It's top ten finish (8th most desired game) had six desires to its credit, one of which having as the most desired game.

• Today's release is Creature in the Well! It finished at 27th overall desired with just one desire of sixth highest: Mine. I've been interested in it since PAX East when I first saw it and I really enjoyed the developer showcase stream EZA did awhile back. It's reviewing really well, but I'm concerned it may be imbalanced in difficulty and repetitive in areas. Had a friend write up his thoughts and he's super down on it. Still will try it myself and see though.

• And we have another double release day! To begin with the lower ranked of the two, 22nd overall most desired Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 ends it run with a lone desire of being the second most coveted game.

The bigger release is Gears 5, as now everyone gets to play it (Stuttered releases annoy me). The game finishes as the 12th most desired game, and with it four desires, the highest of which was being the most desired.

While today's double was nice, Friday's double is even bigger so come back then for those stats as well!

• Our third straight double release has heavy hitters in both brand name and desire! To start with the lesser (for this list anyway), Borderlands 3 is now available for all. The 12th most desired game had only three desires (again, three total desires being good enough for placing top 15 goes to show just how shrinking this list is getting). The highest desired turned out to be mine, as after Gears 5, Borderlands 3 moved up to my second most desired before being retired.

But the more important game is actually Daemon X Machina. Why? Because it finished in the top ten (At 10th). But the mindblowing thing is it had five desires and FOUR of them had it as the most desired game. The lone outlier had it at sixth highest, but the point is those who wanted it, wanted it BAD.

Hope you all are enjoying all that has released! See you in a week for the next update!

• Another day, another double release date!

Of the two, the less desired game is Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: Remastered. Finishing at 21st most desired, its lone desire it had was pretty high, being 3rd most.

But the big game for today was the eighth most desired game: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake. The beautiful adventure had six desires, one of which was the most desired game.

Also, fun fact, with today's releases, the number of games on the Master Index has now fallen to the same amount of desires submitted. We're getting close to the Index getting cleared!!

• Another week and yet ANOTHER double release! For today's two games, they both sit together barely outside of the top 10.

At 12th most desired, Code Vein, it only had two desires, but one of those wound up being a most desired, while the other was a fifth most desire.

Just above it at 11th is Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition (Wow that's a mouth/handful). It too had two desires with one being highest desired, but it edged out Code Vein's placement because it's other desire was fourth highest, beating it out by a single spot.

We're now at less games than lists!

• Seven days always feels like an eternity in these forums, but I'm bringing this back alive once again because of another release! The 18th most desired game, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint is now out today. It had one desire which ended up being fifth highest.

At least the next release won't be another week, a few days sure, but still is sooner the recent cycle of Friday availability. Another update Tuesday!

• Should we add the RDR2(PC)?

• @scotty I'm kind of conflicted: I'm initially inclined to say no, only because this is a straight port. Things like Ni No Kuni was a remaster, so there was some effort to at least update the game in areas and Dragon Quest XI S had an entirely different way to play. From what I gather, RDR 2 for PC is just the game. That's it. No new DLC, texture upgrades, or significant additions (of what I've heard) to online implemented on a different platform.

But I don't want, or like, to be so instantly dismissive. Even if it only stays on the list for a month, if there's enough support for it, I don't see why not beyond the reasons just stated.

• @brannox

I don't know the rules in detail so whatever you say. Yeah, basically it is just a port with all those enhancements with the power of PC platform.

• @scotty Basically (and being this late in the Desire Index's life, I don't expect anyone to, so no worries!) last year when I set up just a general Master Index, it was for all games regardless, but as time went on, several people wanted to do just a 2019 version, so when I created this thread specifically, it was with the understanding that new games and remasters/remakes (from AAA to small games no one else has heard of) were eligible whereas games delayed out of 2019 and straight ports wouldn't be simply because without some significant addition or alteration to the game, having a game already out that's the same version but on a different console just didn't feel right. Kind of like GOTY thinking. For example, to use RDR II on PC as an example, only the most die-hard RDR II fans would try to argue it should be in GOTY contention this year, but the case wouldn't hold up.

Regardless, thank you very much for making the inquiry!

• @brannox

Sure, I totally get it. No worries.

• The next release is the last for awhile, but when the end of October gets here, a large chunk will be gone.

But before then is now and now is Indivisible, the 14th most desired game. It finishes with two desires: eighth and 17th most.

Before the massive day that will be the 25th, we'll be back on the 22nd for our next removal.

• With today's news of DOOM: Eternal's delay, it is now disqualified from the Index. For reference, it was the fifth most desired game remaining, with seven desires, two of which (one of them being mine) had it at the top of the list.