The 2019 Desire Index

• Another week and yet ANOTHER double release! For today's two games, they both sit together barely outside of the top 10.

At 12th most desired, Code Vein, it only had two desires, but one of those wound up being a most desired, while the other was a fifth most desire.

Just above it at 11th is Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition (Wow that's a mouth/handful). It too had two desires with one being highest desired, but it edged out Code Vein's placement because it's other desire was fourth highest, beating it out by a single spot.

We're now at less games than lists!

• Seven days always feels like an eternity in these forums, but I'm bringing this back alive once again because of another release! The 18th most desired game, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint is now out today. It had one desire which ended up being fifth highest.

At least the next release won't be another week, a few days sure, but still is sooner the recent cycle of Friday availability. Another update Tuesday!

• Should we add the RDR2(PC)?

• @scotty I'm kind of conflicted: I'm initially inclined to say no, only because this is a straight port. Things like Ni No Kuni was a remaster, so there was some effort to at least update the game in areas and Dragon Quest XI S had an entirely different way to play. From what I gather, RDR 2 for PC is just the game. That's it. No new DLC, texture upgrades, or significant additions (of what I've heard) to online implemented on a different platform.

But I don't want, or like, to be so instantly dismissive. Even if it only stays on the list for a month, if there's enough support for it, I don't see why not beyond the reasons just stated.

• @brannox

I don't know the rules in detail so whatever you say. Yeah, basically it is just a port with all those enhancements with the power of PC platform.

• @scotty Basically (and being this late in the Desire Index's life, I don't expect anyone to, so no worries!) last year when I set up just a general Master Index, it was for all games regardless, but as time went on, several people wanted to do just a 2019 version, so when I created this thread specifically, it was with the understanding that new games and remasters/remakes (from AAA to small games no one else has heard of) were eligible whereas games delayed out of 2019 and straight ports wouldn't be simply because without some significant addition or alteration to the game, having a game already out that's the same version but on a different console just didn't feel right. Kind of like GOTY thinking. For example, to use RDR II on PC as an example, only the most die-hard RDR II fans would try to argue it should be in GOTY contention this year, but the case wouldn't hold up.

Regardless, thank you very much for making the inquiry!

• @brannox

Sure, I totally get it. No worries.

• The next release is the last for awhile, but when the end of October gets here, a large chunk will be gone.

But before then is now and now is Indivisible, the 14th most desired game. It finishes with two desires: eighth and 17th most.

Before the massive day that will be the 25th, we'll be back on the 22nd for our next removal.

• With today's news of DOOM: Eternal's delay, it is now disqualified from the Index. For reference, it was the fifth most desired game remaining, with seven desires, two of which (one of them being mine) had it at the top of the list.

• @oscillator Thanks for doing so! Was able to add your Luigi's Mansion desire to your pre-existing Pokemon ranking (That I had adjusted).

• Updated mine too, big clean-up!

1. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

2. Pokémon Sword and Shield

3. Luigi's Mansion 3

4. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

5. Shovel Knight: King of Cards

6. MediEvil

7. The Outer Worlds

8. Death Stranding

• @axel Excellent! Adjusting now!

• The Outer Worlds
    Pokemon Sword and Shield
    Death Stranding
    Luigis Mansion 3
    Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
    Little Town Hero
    Shenmue III
    Blacksad: Under the Skin
    Planet Zoo
    Need For Speed Heat
    Pheonix Point

long overdue update

• @shoulderguy Thanks for doing so! The Index is updated accordingly.

• Most of the games I wanted for 2019 already came out, only one left I'm really looking forward is Luigi's Mansion 3.

• A recent addition is now out and off the Index! Little Town Hero is now available, and at the time of being stricken, finishes at the 21st most desired spot, the lone desire being 6th highest.

NOW the next strike will be the 22nd (wasn't expecting additions this late, but they're always welcome!)