The 2019 Desire Index

• @scotty I'm kind of conflicted: I'm initially inclined to say no, only because this is a straight port. Things like Ni No Kuni was a remaster, so there was some effort to at least update the game in areas and Dragon Quest XI S had an entirely different way to play. From what I gather, RDR 2 for PC is just the game. That's it. No new DLC, texture upgrades, or significant additions (of what I've heard) to online implemented on a different platform.

But I don't want, or like, to be so instantly dismissive. Even if it only stays on the list for a month, if there's enough support for it, I don't see why not beyond the reasons just stated.

• @brannox

I don't know the rules in detail so whatever you say. Yeah, basically it is just a port with all those enhancements with the power of PC platform.

• @scotty Basically (and being this late in the Desire Index's life, I don't expect anyone to, so no worries!) last year when I set up just a general Master Index, it was for all games regardless, but as time went on, several people wanted to do just a 2019 version, so when I created this thread specifically, it was with the understanding that new games and remasters/remakes (from AAA to small games no one else has heard of) were eligible whereas games delayed out of 2019 and straight ports wouldn't be simply because without some significant addition or alteration to the game, having a game already out that's the same version but on a different console just didn't feel right. Kind of like GOTY thinking. For example, to use RDR II on PC as an example, only the most die-hard RDR II fans would try to argue it should be in GOTY contention this year, but the case wouldn't hold up.

Regardless, thank you very much for making the inquiry!

• @brannox

Sure, I totally get it. No worries.

• The next release is the last for awhile, but when the end of October gets here, a large chunk will be gone.

But before then is now and now is Indivisible, the 14th most desired game. It finishes with two desires: eighth and 17th most.

Before the massive day that will be the 25th, we'll be back on the 22nd for our next removal.

• With today's news of DOOM: Eternal's delay, it is now disqualified from the Index. For reference, it was the fifth most desired game remaining, with seven desires, two of which (one of them being mine) had it at the top of the list.

• @oscillator Thanks for doing so! Was able to add your Luigi's Mansion desire to your pre-existing Pokemon ranking (That I had adjusted).

• Updated mine too, big clean-up!

1. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

2. Pokémon Sword and Shield

3. Luigi's Mansion 3

4. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

5. Shovel Knight: King of Cards

6. MediEvil

7. The Outer Worlds

8. Death Stranding

• @axel Excellent! Adjusting now!

• The Outer Worlds
    Pokemon Sword and Shield
    Death Stranding
    Luigis Mansion 3
    Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
    Little Town Hero
    Shenmue III
    Blacksad: Under the Skin
    Planet Zoo
    Need For Speed Heat
    Pheonix Point

long overdue update

• @shoulderguy Thanks for doing so! The Index is updated accordingly.

• Most of the games I wanted for 2019 already came out, only one left I'm really looking forward is Luigi's Mansion 3.

• A recent addition is now out and off the Index! Little Town Hero is now available, and at the time of being stricken, finishes at the 21st most desired spot, the lone desire being 6th highest.

NOW the next strike will be the 22nd (wasn't expecting additions this late, but they're always welcome!)

• We're in another major release week, but before the next big day on Friday, we have a release today! Ninth most overall desired Trails of Cold Steel 3 is finally out. To show the split of the top group of eight and this, this game had only two desires (though both were most desired), yet the game above, The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe has five desires.

Anyway, Trails of Cold Steel 3 is now off the Index. Now we wait for Friday, where the heavy hitters come off the board...

• We've now come to the massive day that is October 25. Three top desires are now available, but none bigger than the behemoth that's been the number one desired game on the Master Index for quite some time....

But before that let's go from smallest to largest:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare finishes as the 11th most desired game finishing with two desires: one fifth highest, the other eighth highest.

Medieval was able to climb higher, finishing in a respectable 7th most desired game. With six separate desires to its credit, the highest being second most coveted.

But let's be real: The Outer Worlds has ruled for AGES and since February, on Fallen Order came close to the amount of desires, but NOTHING could touch the height. With 14 (!) desires, TEN had it as NUMBER ONE!!! Three had it second highest. That means only one desire (7th highest) wasn't a top two desire. It's pretty clear what game a majority of you have been looking forward to.

All three are released are stricken from the Master Index. Adjusting now.

• Happy Halloween! To celebrate the occasion, Nintendo has released the appropriate Luigi's Mansion 3, which finishes its time on our Index as the third most desired game from the crop that remains! All nine desires had it in the top three: two people had it third highest, four people had it second most desired, but three people had it as their top choice remaining!

With two months left of the year, the next two weeks are going to see massive reductions, leaving almost the final list!

• Surprisingly, we actually have a triple release day for our Index this late in the year. Granted, it's three of the bottom four placed games, but they're still desired, so they still matter!

The games in question are Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Blacksad: Under the Skin and Planet Zoo. Respectively, they were the 14th, 16th, and 17th most desired games, all of which just one desire to their credit: third most, fifth most, and sixth most.

• After three and a half years of waiting the bizarre wait is finally over. We're here: Death Stranding day. Finishing at third most overall desired, it had seven desires, FOUR of which had it at number one.

Not only is Death Stranding out (it'll always weird me out typing that sentence), but today is also Need for Speed: Heat's release date. It finishes seventh highest, but again, with less and less games as we wind down the year, the disparity is even greater. Despite being only four spots behind, it only had two desires total: A fourth most and fifth most desired.

Both are now stricken from the list, but more importantly, we're now at the final dozen.

• While tomorrow maybe one of the last "big" release days, we have one release today: The seventh most desired game, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. With two desires of third and fifth most, this (as of today) middle placed remaster is now available and stricken from the Master Index.