The 2019 Desire Index

• @oscillator Thanks for doing so! Was able to add your Luigi's Mansion desire to your pre-existing Pokemon ranking (That I had adjusted).

• Updated mine too, big clean-up!

1. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

2. Pokémon Sword and Shield

3. Luigi's Mansion 3

4. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

5. Shovel Knight: King of Cards

6. MediEvil

7. The Outer Worlds

8. Death Stranding

• @axel Excellent! Adjusting now!

• The Outer Worlds
    Pokemon Sword and Shield
    Death Stranding
    Luigis Mansion 3
    Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
    Little Town Hero
    Shenmue III
    Blacksad: Under the Skin
    Planet Zoo
    Need For Speed Heat
    Pheonix Point

long overdue update

• @shoulderguy Thanks for doing so! The Index is updated accordingly.

• Most of the games I wanted for 2019 already came out, only one left I'm really looking forward is Luigi's Mansion 3.

• A recent addition is now out and off the Index! Little Town Hero is now available, and at the time of being stricken, finishes at the 21st most desired spot, the lone desire being 6th highest.

NOW the next strike will be the 22nd (wasn't expecting additions this late, but they're always welcome!)

• We're in another major release week, but before the next big day on Friday, we have a release today! Ninth most overall desired Trails of Cold Steel 3 is finally out. To show the split of the top group of eight and this, this game had only two desires (though both were most desired), yet the game above, The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe has five desires.

Anyway, Trails of Cold Steel 3 is now off the Index. Now we wait for Friday, where the heavy hitters come off the board...

• We've now come to the massive day that is October 25. Three top desires are now available, but none bigger than the behemoth that's been the number one desired game on the Master Index for quite some time....

But before that let's go from smallest to largest:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare finishes as the 11th most desired game finishing with two desires: one fifth highest, the other eighth highest.

Medieval was able to climb higher, finishing in a respectable 7th most desired game. With six separate desires to its credit, the highest being second most coveted.

But let's be real: The Outer Worlds has ruled for AGES and since February, on Fallen Order came close to the amount of desires, but NOTHING could touch the height. With 14 (!) desires, TEN had it as NUMBER ONE!!! Three had it second highest. That means only one desire (7th highest) wasn't a top two desire. It's pretty clear what game a majority of you have been looking forward to.

All three are released are stricken from the Master Index. Adjusting now.

• Happy Halloween! To celebrate the occasion, Nintendo has released the appropriate Luigi's Mansion 3, which finishes its time on our Index as the third most desired game from the crop that remains! All nine desires had it in the top three: two people had it third highest, four people had it second most desired, but three people had it as their top choice remaining!

With two months left of the year, the next two weeks are going to see massive reductions, leaving almost the final list!

• Surprisingly, we actually have a triple release day for our Index this late in the year. Granted, it's three of the bottom four placed games, but they're still desired, so they still matter!

The games in question are Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Blacksad: Under the Skin and Planet Zoo. Respectively, they were the 14th, 16th, and 17th most desired games, all of which just one desire to their credit: third most, fifth most, and sixth most.

• After three and a half years of waiting the bizarre wait is finally over. We're here: Death Stranding day. Finishing at third most overall desired, it had seven desires, FOUR of which had it at number one.

Not only is Death Stranding out (it'll always weird me out typing that sentence), but today is also Need for Speed: Heat's release date. It finishes seventh highest, but again, with less and less games as we wind down the year, the disparity is even greater. Despite being only four spots behind, it only had two desires total: A fourth most and fifth most desired.

Both are now stricken from the list, but more importantly, we're now at the final dozen.

• While tomorrow maybe one of the last "big" release days, we have one release today: The seventh most desired game, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. With two desires of third and fifth most, this (as of today) middle placed remaster is now available and stricken from the Master Index.

• While we have a few games to go, today's the last "major" release, with stalwarts that have been near or at the top since the beginning: Third most desired Pokemon Sword/Shield and the top desired Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Speaking of the former, Pokemon had six desires, two of which had it as the most desired game. As for Star Wars, by virtue of being at the end of the year after most other releases, it's the last game that will have double digit amounts of desires (12) and of those, SEVEN had it as the most coveted, four had it second most, and the final desire was third highest.

Now, we're at less than 10 games; nine to be exact. Of those, only four remain have a stated date or window of 2019. Of the remaining, unless there's major news by the conclusion of the Game Awards, any games still on the list will have been delayed into 2020 without official acknowledgement of being so (Remember, for a game to have appeared on our Index, it MUST have stated 2019 at some point).

Two games this month, two next. We're almost to the end of this thread!

• Finally, Shenmue III's number one. Proud of ya.

• Another double release day, but one has had more pomp and circumstance. Of the lesser, the eighth most desired game, Football Manager 2020 had one desire (though it was the highest desired) is out as is the short-lived top desired game Shenmue III. Nine desires in total, seven being number 1, but the remaining two were runner up desires.

Seven games remain, and only two games left have release dates for 2019. I'll be posting two more updates in December, then the thread will die.

Until then, enjoy today's CULMINATION of what is the single greatest reaction in E3 HISTORY.

• I just discovered a video from Crows Crows Crows dated three days prior finally confirming the delay of the Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe Edition until sometime until 2020, stating it around summertime at the latest (June-August). Which is a bummer being the temporary top desire for the brief period it was. As such it is disqualified from the index. Still two games left to officially release! Will update the first in a couple of days.

• @Brannox when is the 2020 Index going to begin?

• @scotty I'm not sure I'm going to do one.

Primarily, upkeep during the middle four or so months of the year was the hardest portion, because having to factor in new announcements, people updating without a simple comment saying "updated" like other people would, and the thread turning into (which isn't a bad thing at all) a release reminder service for people just in case they had forgotten a release date. Couple that with when a MAJOR game came out (The Outer Worlds to use an example), not only did I have to take it off, but I had to go back and reorganize the desires by seeing what the next desire up on everyone's list was, and if that made games go higher or lower on the Master list.

While I still enjoyed getting to see what everyone was looking forward to and getting to compare what games were coveted and which games only had one supporter, I'm fully aware I would go weeks if not months at a time being the lone person commenting just to make I kept my word (which, at the conclusion of the original thread which you can find in the HoF, I promised I would stick with this for an entire year).

If anyone else wants to take the mantle, I would be happy to participate (and if anyone out there IS interested and reading this, you can PM to know how I did it to determine if you want to do it the same way or go a different direction).

Much like when I ran the Selective Creation and Kill Your Babies threads, eventually, I ran out of ideas and, especially in this case, I notice participation dwindle with each passing update/thread/whatever.

However, if a thread gets made where we just put our anticipated lists without aggregating, that's cool too. So I guess if enough people say they want to do another, we'll see, but as I'm sitting here now, it's not something I'm enthused to continue doing.