The 2019 Desire Index

• The second 2019 release is here (well, from this list anyway) with 25th overall Onimusha: Warlords now available. The game finishes with three desires, all pretty much in the same spot: 9th, 10th, and 11th. As always, when a game comes out, it has now been stricken from the Master Index.

• Do we update our own list or update our list in a new post?

1. The Outer Worlds
    2. Control
    3. Shenmue III
    4. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
    5. Death Stranding
    6. Wolfenstein Youngblood
    7. Samurai Shodown
    8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
    9. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
    10. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
    11. CTR: Nitro Fueled
    12. Medievil Remastered
    13. XIII Remake
    14. My Friend Pedro
    15. In the Valley of Gods

• @iboshow You can do either. If you update your original post, just leave a new one saying as such, and I'll take your new iteration into account. If you also include finite details like what move around, what you add/take off, etc., that will also be a big help.

@bam541 Thanks for your submission! Factoring in your desires now (Although for your most desired, it won't be around long! Just 3 days away!).

• Another Question, when do we start doing a 2020 desire index.

• @iboshow Because there are primarily two categories of release dates (Definitively 2019, and those that don't have dates at all), that would mean we would have an entirely separate Desire Index thread, and personally, this one is more than enough to curate at the moment.

However, when we get into the second half of the year, 2020 will be in MUCH better focus than it is now (what with that gigantic trade show... whatsit called again? 3E?), so creating one now wouldn't really make sense. Otherwise, I would've kept the original thread going and this one wouldn't exist, but the majority voted to have this one, so here we are.

All that being said, this shouldn't discourage anyone from making their own, if they so chose.

• @brannox I agree right now is too early for 2020, I was just thinking of when this list has shrunk and 2020 is big.

• Edited my list after getting hyped from Catherine Full Body demo.

• @brannox well, that's partly why it's my most desired now, lol

• @smoothrunes said in The 2019 Desire Index:

1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    2. Resident Evil 2
    3. Devil May Cry 5
    4. Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2
    5. Mortal Kombat 11
    6. Daemon X Machina
    7. Control
    8. Metal Wolf Chaos XD
    9. Judgement
    10. Code Vein
    11. The Outer Worlds
    12. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
    13. Ape Out
    14. Jump Force
    15. Rage 2
    16. Hellpoint
    17. Anthem
    18. My Friend Pedro
    19. Age of Wonders: Planetfall
    20. Trials Rising

Small update. Onimusha is now out and gone, and Ape Out has earned a spot because the idea of playing Hotline Miami but with a gorilla is too much fun.

• Update after ToCS3 announcement

• Original List
    Just going to do the top 15 of current 2019 titles, there are a few more I'm curious about though - personally shaping up to be a much better year than 2018.

1. Resident Evil 2
    2. Gears 5
    3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    4. Control
    5. Mortal Kombat 11
      6. Doom Eternal
    6. The Outer Worlds
    7. Dragon Quest Builders 2
    8. Battletoads
    9. Luigi’s Mansion 3
    10. Pokemon 2019
    11. Phoenix Point
    12. Trials Rising
    13. Crackdown 3
    14. Rage 2

• @miserableperson I have to disqualify DOOM: Eternal, because it's only rumored to release this year. There has not been any official confirmation it will be out in 2019, though if you CAN provide proof, it will be eligible for everyone to add it to their lists. I'm currently adjusting your list in my doc where I'm keeping track by bumping everything up one spot so I can factor in the rest of your list.

• Still don't fully understand these index things, but these are the only games I feel matter in the list.

1. Kingdom Hearts III
    2. RE2: Remake
    3. Trails of Cold Steel 3
    4. Shenmue 3
    5. Metro: Exodus
    6. Rage 2
    7. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    8. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
    9. Psychonauts 2
    10. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
    11. ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove
    12. Luigi's Mansion 3

• A double release today!

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (30th overall with two very high desires: a top desire and third highest)
    Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (36th overall with two desires: sixth highest and tenth highest)

Both have now been stricken from the Master Index.

• Even though it doesn't technically go live for another few minutes, I'm going to go ahead and strike Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 for being released in part of having a very busy day tomorrow and not trusting myself to remember in time.

BGA 2 finished at being 46th overall, carrying only one desire, but quite a high one at that, with it placing fourth on said list.

• I'm making another "early" exception because 1.) The game is a worldwide simultaneous release and 2.) It is THE most anticipated game!

That's right ladies and gentlemen: YOUR most anticipated game of 2019 (and the year is only 25 days old...) Resident Evil 2 Remake is NOW OUT!!!

With it finishing number one overall, it obviously had the most desires (13 out of 18 submitted), the most top desires (FIVE!!!), and it's lowest desire was 12th.

I hope you're enjoying a trip back to RPD! Good luck....

• Probably the earliest I'll ever strike a game prior to release mostly because of personal stake, the recently crowned overall most desired game, Kingdom Hearts III, is just minutes away from being officially released. While it being atop the list was only a few days with Resident Evil 2: Remake holding that crown, it doesn't diminish how desired it was: 11 total desires, the lowest of which being 16th, but it also was the only game OTHER than RE 2 Remake to have multiple top desires, finishing at three.

One of those being my own.

On a personal note, it is a surreal experience to type the following: Short of the Final Fantasy VII: Remake (coming in the next century), there is not another game I have anticipated or wanted more. Of all the games on my Desires list (including non 2019 titles), it has been the game I've waited on the longest.

To be able to say I'm going to play Kingdom Hearts III is something I never really thought about in terms the weight it carries for me. Until now, here, mere moments before hand. Regardless of all the snark, the waiting, the nerves, the hype, the hope, the celebration, the spoilers, and the worry, I'm about to have an experience I can't describe. And to paraphrase a line from my favorite trailer of all time:

"....it may bring joy. It bring fear. But I'm going to embrace whatever brings."

For those of you who desire it, I hope you have a great time.

• I have updated my desire index, without KH3 and RE2. I haven't added a game as no game has been announced in January.

1. Animal Crossing (Switch)
    2. Rage 2
    3. Pokémon Sword and Shield

Everything else I'm intrigued about is either unconfirmed for the year, or doesn't have enough information yet to hook me.