The 2019 Desire Index

• Update after ToCS3 announcement

• Original List
    Just going to do the top 15 of current 2019 titles, there are a few more I'm curious about though - personally shaping up to be a much better year than 2018.

1. Resident Evil 2
    2. Gears 5
    3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    4. Control
    5. Mortal Kombat 11
      6. Doom Eternal
    6. The Outer Worlds
    7. Dragon Quest Builders 2
    8. Battletoads
    9. Luigi’s Mansion 3
    10. Pokemon 2019
    11. Phoenix Point
    12. Trials Rising
    13. Crackdown 3
    14. Rage 2

• @miserableperson I have to disqualify DOOM: Eternal, because it's only rumored to release this year. There has not been any official confirmation it will be out in 2019, though if you CAN provide proof, it will be eligible for everyone to add it to their lists. I'm currently adjusting your list in my doc where I'm keeping track by bumping everything up one spot so I can factor in the rest of your list.

• Still don't fully understand these index things, but these are the only games I feel matter in the list.

1. Kingdom Hearts III
    2. RE2: Remake
    3. Trails of Cold Steel 3
    4. Shenmue 3
    5. Metro: Exodus
    6. Rage 2
    7. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    8. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
    9. Psychonauts 2
    10. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
    11. ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove
    12. Luigi's Mansion 3

• A double release today!

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (30th overall with two very high desires: a top desire and third highest)
    Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (36th overall with two desires: sixth highest and tenth highest)

Both have now been stricken from the Master Index.

• Even though it doesn't technically go live for another few minutes, I'm going to go ahead and strike Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 for being released in part of having a very busy day tomorrow and not trusting myself to remember in time.

BGA 2 finished at being 46th overall, carrying only one desire, but quite a high one at that, with it placing fourth on said list.

• I'm making another "early" exception because 1.) The game is a worldwide simultaneous release and 2.) It is THE most anticipated game!

That's right ladies and gentlemen: YOUR most anticipated game of 2019 (and the year is only 25 days old...) Resident Evil 2 Remake is NOW OUT!!!

With it finishing number one overall, it obviously had the most desires (13 out of 18 submitted), the most top desires (FIVE!!!), and it's lowest desire was 12th.

I hope you're enjoying a trip back to RPD! Good luck....

• Probably the earliest I'll ever strike a game prior to release mostly because of personal stake, the recently crowned overall most desired game, Kingdom Hearts III, is just minutes away from being officially released. While it being atop the list was only a few days with Resident Evil 2: Remake holding that crown, it doesn't diminish how desired it was: 11 total desires, the lowest of which being 16th, but it also was the only game OTHER than RE 2 Remake to have multiple top desires, finishing at three.

One of those being my own.

On a personal note, it is a surreal experience to type the following: Short of the Final Fantasy VII: Remake (coming in the next century), there is not another game I have anticipated or wanted more. Of all the games on my Desires list (including non 2019 titles), it has been the game I've waited on the longest.

To be able to say I'm going to play Kingdom Hearts III is something I never really thought about in terms the weight it carries for me. Until now, here, mere moments before hand. Regardless of all the snark, the waiting, the nerves, the hype, the hope, the celebration, the spoilers, and the worry, I'm about to have an experience I can't describe. And to paraphrase a line from my favorite trailer of all time:

"....it may bring joy. It bring fear. But I'm going to embrace whatever brings."

For those of you who desire it, I hope you have a great time.

• I have updated my desire index, without KH3 and RE2. I haven't added a game as no game has been announced in January.

• 1. Animal Crossing (Switch)
    2. Rage 2

1. Pokémon Sword and Shield
    2. Luigi's Mansion 3

Everything else I'm intrigued about is either unconfirmed for the year, or doesn't have enough information yet to hook me.

• Dragon: Marked for Death (51st overall with one desire of 14th highest) is now out and has been stricken from the Master Index.

• Wargroove (35th overall with two desires: 6th and 19th) is now out and has been stricken from the Master Index

• Had misinformation regarding a release and I don't like deleting comments, so keeping this post here.

• Updated my list, removed Judgment (which was at the very bottom) and games that has been released. Bumped up DMC V from 10th place (the demo is so good!) and CTR Nitro Fueled from 16th place.

@bam541 said in The 2019 Desire Index:

I missed this thread before, good thing you bumped it up.

1. The Outer Worlds
    2. Control
    3. Shenmue III
    4. Rage 2
    5. Days Gone
    6. Dreams
    7. Devil May Cry V
    8. Left Alive
    9. CTR: Nitro Fueled
    10. Medievil Remastered
    11. My Friend Pedro
    12. Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
    13. In the Valley of Gods
    14. Sable
    15. Wolfenstein Youngblood
    16. Psychonauts 2
    17. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

• I know it's coming pretty soon so it doesn't matter too much, but i just realized that I don't even have Metro Exodus on my list. I don't know how that happened, really forgot about that.

@bam541 said in The 2019 Desire Index:

I missed this thread before, good thing you bumped it up.

1. The Outer Worlds
    2. Control
    3. Shenmue III
    4. Rage 2
    5. Days Gone
    6. Dreams
    7. Devil May Cry V
    8. Left Alive
    9. CTR: Nitro Fueled
    10. Metro Exodus
    11. Medievil Remastered
    12. My Friend Pedro
    13. Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
    14. In the Valley of Gods
    15. Sable
    16. Wolfenstein Youngblood
    17. Psychonauts 2
    18. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

• E3 Update

1. Astral Chain
    2. Daemon X Machina
    3. Metal Wolf Chaos XD
    4. Super Mario Maker 2
    5. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    6. Panzer Dragoon

• @Hanabi Fuck yeah Astral Chain!

• I legally can't put any Switch exclusive stuff on my list since i don't even have a Switch yet, but my god i want to play Link's Awakening so bad!

• @smoothrunes said in The 2019 Desire Index:

1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    2. Devil May Cry 5
    3. Mortal Kombat 11
    4. Astral Chain
    5. Daemon X Machina
    6. Control
    7. Metal Wolf Chaos XD
    8. Judgement
    9. Code Vein
    10. The Outer Worlds
    11. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
    12. Ape Out
    13. Rage 2
    14. Hellpoint
    15. My Friend Pedro
    16. Age of Wonders: Planetfall
    17. Trials Rising

Been a while since I updated so I had to get rid of a bunch of released games. Added Astral Chain, even though I don't own a Switch, it makes me want to get one even more now (and that's good because one of my most anticipated Switch games, Metroid Prime 4, has basically been set back to stage 0, plus Bayonetta 3 still seems like a ways off).

• Happy Massive Release Day everybody! Not since October 27, 2017 have we had such a packed release day. FOUR games all are stricken, and it's pretty clear one stands above all others:

Metro Exodus finished as the second overall desired game, finishing with 10 desires, with one being the most desired game.

The next highest overall desired game was Jump Force, finishing in 39th. With only two desires of eighth most and 14th most, it barely held out over Crackdown 3, which also had two desires. Finishing 42nd overall (so only a three spot difference), the two desires for the Xbox exclusive were even lower: 13th and 20th overall.

The final game out today was ALMOST the least desired game on the list. Out of 58 games, Far Cry: New Dawn ends at 57th, with only one desire of 18th.