The 2019 Desire Index

• I can't do this...I desire so many things equally, I'd feel like a monster making any of them lower than number 1, lol.

• But I'll do it anyways. I'm just going by the master list, so none of these are actually in any order, even though I know it doesn't work that way.

1. Devil May Cry 5
    2. Daemon x Machina
    3. Judgement
    4. Shenmue III
    5. Astral Chain
    6. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    8. Luigi's Mansion 3
    9. Dragon Quest Builders 2
    10. Super Mario Maker 2
    11. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    12. Catherine: Full Body

• @minamik If that isn't your order, then I won't factor it in to the Master Index, but I want to if you want to go with a list that showcases your true range of 'wanna play the most' to 'can wait a little bit.'

If those are the only 12 games you desire, and WANT your desires taken into account, if you rearrange them (or just say, yeah, this is my true order), I'll update the post. If there are other games you want, I certainly encourage you to add them as well!

• @brannox Okay, I edited it to be a bit more ordered. 1 and 2 have both had demos, so I'm the most excited for them currently, then through 7, I'm excited about but haven't been pumped in the veins with a hype needle, and 8-12, I'm excited about, but am fine waiting for currently.

• @minamik Fantastic! Taking your desires into account and updating accordingly.

• If they'd just give me a release date for Nioh 2, it'd climb those ranks pretty quickly, but alas.

• @minamik Not only that, but other games as well, like DOOM: Eternal, Ghost of Tsushima, and Death Stranding would have good spots on the list in there were any official statement dating them for 2019. However, the moment a game gets dated, it immediately becomes eligible, so for example, if Nioh 2 gets a date for this year announced around E3, you can certainly come back, put it on the list, and it'll get started.

• There's also a few I'd maybe add if we actually knew anything about them, such as Pokemon or Animal Crossing, but as it stands, they can sit on the bench as far as I'm concerned.

• @minamik That's fair. Both of those games are on the above Index, so if you wanted to include those as well, you could potentially increase their place (dependent how high they would place in your desires).

• @brannox There's always time for that once we've actually seen something from them, haha.

• @minamik I have to ask, did you forget about Trails of Cold Steel 3, or are you just not interested, because that would be kinda surprising.

• @bard91 Welcome to Hottake City, my friend!

1. I didn't care for Cold Steel 1 and 2 as much as the Sky games. I feel like making them sort of Persona-ified made me not care as much for the characters or story. If you decide to hang out with, say Machias and Towa, but then are missing out on character development stuff with, say, Sara and Fie in exchange, then not knowing as much about them makes me care less about them as characters.

And it's fairly obvious how much the games push the Rean x Alisa ship, but then it's strange because, hey, they're obviously the canon couple, but if you want to get together with Laura, then that's fine too. I feel like adding all these options distracts from the story they could have told.

1. The release order is very very wrong. Never mind, that I feel that no one should have played Trails of Cold Steel 2 without having played or concurrently played Trails of Zero due to that ending, but going into Trails of Cold Steel 3 without the context of Trails of Ao is completely absurd, as there will absolutely be huge chunks of that game that no one who hasn't played through the Crossbell Arc will understand.

If I can somehow manage to bungle my way through those 2 Vita releases (My Japanese reading skills are trash, but with more voice dialogue in the Vita versions, I at least stand a fighting chance), then maybe I will update my interest.

1. I can't help but worrying about NISA bungling Cold Steel 3 even worse than they did with Ys 8. Most of the people who even worked on Trails stuff at Xseed have also left or been laid off, so it's a very weird situation.

2. I will buy it, because I love this series, but at this point, interest is not something I'm ready to express.

Sorry for the long rant, lol.

• @minamik Fair enough, playing Sky currently I see your points, though I still prefer Cold Steel, simply a matter of preference though.

Yeah it's rough with Zero and Ao, I'll just use the fan translations, I could make an attempt as you are mentioning and it would actually be great practice, but I just know my Japanese is nowhere near enough to tackle RPGs, as I've clearly seen when trying to do so in the past, so I'll settle for a lower quality.

I guess you feel much more strongly about it, and I can respect that, I just see it very differently as someone that absolutely loved ToCS.

• @miserableperson said in The 2019 Desire Index:
    Update for 2019:

1. Gears 5
    2. Super Mario Maker 2
    3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    4. Control
    5. Mortal Kombat 11
    6. The Outer Worlds
    7. Dragon Quest Builders 2
    8. Battletoads
    9. Luigi’s Mansion 3
    10. Pokemon 2019
    11. Phoenix Point
    12. Trials Rising
    13. Rage 2
    14. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

• Despite the bizarre staggered release, the 38th overall desired Anthem is now available to everyone and as such has been stricken from the Master Index. Anthem finished with only two desires: 7th highest and 17th highest.

1. Dreams
    2. Judgment
    3. Shenmue III
    4. Psychonauts 2
    5. Mortal Kombat 11
    6. The Outer Worlds
    7. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
    8. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    9. Dragon Quest Builders 2
    10. Pokemon for Switch
    11. Devil May Cry 5
    12. Astral Chain
    13. Animal Crossing for Switch
    14. Super Mario Maker 2
    15. Control
    16. Trials: Rising
    17. CTR: Nitro-Fueled
    18. Yoshi's Crafted World
    19. The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe Edition

Special Mention to Wattam which I don’t believe has a hard date.

• updated my desire index, for some reason Days Gone is my most desired over Sekiro, probably because I haven't seen anything of Sekiro since TGS and I'm media blackout.

• @iboshow Do you mean Dead or Alive 6? I put that on the Master Index, but I got confused for a moment because the 6 is missing on your list. Also, I'm not factoring in DOOM: Eternal yet because there hasn't been an official statement it will come out this year. However, if it DOES become dated, it will immediately become eligible. To compensate, I just gave everything below that on your list a +1 increase to your desires.

• A top 10 desired game is out today! Trials Rising finishes at 10th overall with seven desires, the highest of which was 6th. As such, it is now stricken from the Master Index.