Let's Vote for our GOTY 2018!

• Lets not forget about Dragon Ball FighterZ, Shadow of the Colossus.

• If we're going to plug short games, then just a friendly reminder that Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon came out this year and was way better than anyone had anticipated. If you love the NES/SNES era Castlevania games, you will feel right at home.

• I think it's defintely worth plugging somethings you really liked as come around the time when nominations come out, there will be someone who'll say they forgot that one.

• If we are pluggin games, then I'll just post this here a reminder of short game that came not long ago, and that will definitively make my list.

alt text

And one that I haven't had the chance to play but everything I've read about it I've liked, I feel Thronebreaker will be overlooked more than it deserves to be.

• I'd really wish to see Obra Dinn on consoles at some point. I've heard a lot of good things about it and I think I'd like it quite a lot.

And as we have a lot of time still I'll try and check out Thronebreaker at least in some measure in early January. I've already bought and installed it and all.

• I'd love to check out Red Dead Redemption 2, Dragon Quest 11, The Missing, and Obra Dinn before voting closes but I don't think I'll have the time nor the money. Our hobby really does zap you of resources at times.

• Is there a limit on Honorable Mentions? because so far i have 10.

• @a7x458 Limit is 4.

• Banned

Between God of War, RDR2, Vampyr and Smash, it's Smash. The others are mediocre. RDR2 has bad gunplay and overly scripted design and God of War has repetitive puzzles, a wet blanket protagonist and a camera better suited to horror games. They went with this camera not because it would improve the combat (which it doesn't), but because it's considered cinematic (by idiots). Also, the combat isn't that fun.

I'm not counting Shadow of the Colossus, since it's a 1:1 remake, just as I would not count a remaster.

I think those are all the 2018 games I played.

• @ezekiel I wouldn't consider myself an idiot for immensely enjoying God of War, including the camera. I would consider myself an idiot for many other things, but not for appreciating a game that many other people also love.

• @ezekiel God of War is my most disappointing game of 2018, but I think that it's camera is good for 3rd-person action game. I have some issues with using "single take", but that's editing, not the camera.

• I'll send my list in two weeks. I still have some games to play.

@axel said in Let's Vote for out GOTY 2018!:

I'd like to suggest everyone checks out Yoku's Island Express

I second that.

• @sabotagethetruth i have to say i was a sceptic, but after 20 hours i can't stop playing it.

• Banned

@sabotagethetruth said in Let's Vote for out GOTY 2018!:

@ezekiel I wouldn't consider myself an idiot for immensely enjoying God of War, including the camera. I would consider myself an idiot for many other things, but not for appreciating a game that many other people also love.

Then I wasn't talking about you. You can like the camera. Just like it for a good reason. It's obvious why they went with this camera. It's what almost all these kinds of games use now, regardless of the type of mechanics you have to play with. It's given me issues that a fixed camera or a more distant camera that can be controlled separate of the character would not.

• I want to give a shout out to: Shadow of the colossus, Far Cry 5, Jurassic World evolution, Dark souls remastered, Shenmue HD, Donut County, Life is strange 2 episode 1,Spyro trilogy and Darksiders 3.

• I’ll use my shout out card to shout out The Missing. It lands as one of the most memorable games this gen.

• If we are allowed to shout out a game, I'm gonna go with one that I think a lot of people are skipping or waiting until later to play:

alt text

• @tokyoslim I totally agree. It's a shame many skip it because 3-5 aren't out on current consoles in the West yet. Should've gotten nomination on narrative.

• I'm one of those. I played Kiwami 2 this year but not 6, also because I'd be worried of suffering from Yakuza overdose, these games tend to blend into each other. Next time I feel like getting my fix I'll pick it up for sure (unless 3 is out by then)

• I got a bit of a Yakuza overdose mid way through Kiwami 2 but that’s because I put nearly 100h into Yakuza 6 earlier that year. I still want to finish everything and get the platinum.