Tackle the backlog - 12 in 12 2019

• So with the new year approaching, I thought this would be a neat idea from a subreddit I stumbled upon.

The idea is to basically make a list for yourself of 12 backlog games you have that you'll want to play over the next 12 months, hence the 12 in 12.

For someone like me that does a fairly bad job of handling the backlog I find it as a potentially good way of motivating myself to beating these darn games and I think it may be good for others, on top of allowing for a space to comment and on the progress and what we think of the games after playing them.

This is the list I came up with for myself.

Lisa
    Pony Island
    West of Loathing
    Alan Wake
    Prey
    Alice Madness Returns
    D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die
    Deadly Premonition
    Grim Fandango
    Mark of the Ninja
    Trails in the Sky
    The Silver Case

So I encourage anyone else that finds the idea appealing to go ahead and share a list, and feel free to add as many as you like in there, the idea is simply to help yourself order things and commenting on the games after playing them if desired.

• I think it's a really nice idea. I don't have much trouble beating multiple games a month myself, but I'd still like to take part. I'll form a list a little later.

• My list:

Dark Void
    Hexyz Force
    Shinobi III
    Yakuza 6
    Atelier Shallie
    Billie Hatcher and the Giant Egg
    Maken Shao: Demon Sword
    Rick Dangerous 2
    7th Dragon III Code VFD
    Peach Beach Splash
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Discworld Noir

• Great idea. Maybe this will push me a little.

Dragon Quest VII
    Persona 4
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Shenmue I & II
    Devil May Cry 3
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
    Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
    Shadowrun (SNES)
    Ultima VII
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
    Drakengard

• @neocweeny cool to see so many old RPGs in there, I've always been interested in delving more into Shadowrun as it seems really cool, but I never got more than a few hours into the remake version.

• Cant name 12, just got Horizon Zero Dawn, playing that, also finally have Trails of Cold Steel and finish Danganrompa, I also have D2, but that will be after HZD, ToCS and KH3 at least

• Okami HD
    Darksiders II
    Persona 4
    Shenmue II
    Thumper
    Kingdom Come Deliverance
    Nier Automata
    Hollow Knight
    Life is Strange (done)
    Wasteland 2
    Uncharted 4 (5th playthrough, photo mode tour)

I'll update this later, don't have much games in the backlog for now since i already crossed off a lot of them earlier this year.
    Update: added Nier, HK, LiS and W2
    Update 2: added Uncharted 4

• Earthbound (already started it but i need to get around to finishing it)
    Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 stars
    Spiderman PS4
    Persona 5 (i still don't like or want Joker in Smash but i'll try it out i guess)
    Disaster: Day of Crisis
    The original NES Metroid (determined to finish it now that i can save in the Switch NES version)
    Halo Wars 2
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    Donkey Kong Country 3
    Donkey Kong 64
    Hey! Pikmin

• I'm totally into this. I just don't even know what my backlog consists of. Lots of games I want to try in no specific order. I'll have to spend a few days figuring this list out.

• @dipset feel free to add more than 12 to it if need be, this can be as free form as you like really so just do what feels right to you.

• MY GOAL

Play at least 12 backlog games in 2019.

Ideally, play at least one game per month.

I aspire to complete my entire platinum backlog.

MY BACKLOG

• Resident Evil 2 (PS1, replay) FINISHED 01/19
    • Resident Evil 4 (PS4)
    • Resident Evil 5 (PS4)
    • Yakuza Kiwami 2 (finish it) FINISHED 02/19
    • Valkyria Chronicles (PS4)
    • Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
    • Kingdom Hearts 1 (PS4)
    • Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS4)
    • Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
    • Final Fantasy VI (SNES) - started 01/19
    • Super Mario RPG (SNES)
    • Super Metroid (SNES)
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
    • Undertale (Switch) FINISHED 03/19
    • Pokemon Let's Go Eevee (Switch) - started and QUIT
    • Hitman 2 (PC)
    • Divinity Original Sin II: Definitive Edition (PC)
    • Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) - started and QUIT
    • Titanfall 2 - FINISHED 02/19
    • Hollow Knight
    • Vampire: The Masquerade
    • The Witness
    • Deus Ex
    • Half Life Source
    • Half Life 2
    • Gothic II
    • Mirror's Edge Catalyst

PLATINUM BACKLOG

• Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
    • The Last of Us: Remastered
    • Nier Automata

Good luck everybody! Let's all motive one another. Like a fitness class but instead of losing weight and quitting drinking, we're sitting more and showering less. I need a sponsor.

• I'm going to try to put some serious work in on my backlog.
    Just throwing 12 random games up, each with varying degrees of completion
    Spiderman (on final mission, plan on getting platinum too)
    Far Cry 4
    Ni no Kuni 2
    Gravity Rush 2
    Rise of the Tomb Raider (on final mission. probably won't plat as that requires playing the dumb survival mode I give zero fucks about)
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    Digimon Story Cyberslueth
    Assassins Creed Unity
    Ghost Recon Wildlands
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    Yakuza Zero

• Fun idea!

Here's what I'll try to tackle, in no particular order:

• Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4): That's a long one but I'm the mood for it right now, it will probably be the next one I try out after I'm done with Spider-Man.
    • Prey (PS4): That one's right up my alley but I stopped after about 2 hours, I should pick it up again.
    • Bloodborne (PS4): I know, shame on me. I tried to get into it a couple times but it's way too obscure. Not really a game I can casually pick up once in a while, I'll have to dive in deep and there's always another game I want to play more. But I'll try again.
    • Resident Evil HD Remaster (PS4)
    • Hollow Knight
    • Starlink: Battle for Atlas
    • Mega Man X6
    • Mega Man X7
    • Mega Man X8 (Switch)
    • Luigi's Mansion
    • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
    • The Wonderful 101 (Wii U): Never got around to playing it even though I bought it at launch, it's finally time to dive into it before the inevitable Switch port or sequel.

Completed backlog games not in the original target 12:

• The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
    • Okami HD
    • Affordable Space Adventures
    • The Witness
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Cuphead
    • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
    • Overcooked!

• @axel I probably should have put The Wonderful 101 on my list now that I see it, from what I played of it I just remember it having such a god awful UI that it turned me of the game but it did have some cool ideas I want to look more into.

• @bard91 Yeah when I started playing it back in the day I was very confused by all the game mechanics but with online guides available now it should be manageable.

• Oddworld Stranger’s WrathDon't want to finish
    Dangonronpa 2
    Canis Canim Edit
    Sonic Mania
    Fist of the North StarDon't want to finish
    Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
    Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
    Castlevania Rondo of BloodDon't want to finish
    Castlevania Symphony of the Night
    Tetris Effect
    Astro Bot
    Shenmue 2
    BONUS: Valkyria Chronicles 4

• @iboshow Have you never played SotN before?
    Sometimes I wish I could erase my memories of a game just to experience it for the first time again. SotN is one of those games.

• @el-shmiablo The only Castlevania games I have played is the 3DS game that was ported to PS3 and the demo for Lords of Shadows.

• @bard91 Say I end up playing a backlog game that I had not included in my original list, can it still count towards the 12?

• @axel I don't see why not, it's pretty free form really in fact I've seen people doing 24 and even 64 lists, so really it works however best fits for you.

I personally only went with 12 and mostly thoughts of some games that I've meant to play for a while but simply kept on the wayside, so really something to remind me and push me on those, I'm sure I'll play other stuff from my backlog and I'll probably consider it in my list when it is all said and done.