Tackle the backlog - 12 in 12 2019

• Beat the first game on my list, the very short and just ok Pony Island.

The game is fine it's very similar to what I've seen in other games, and not done flawlessly to my mind so even by the end of its just two hours I felt kinda done with the game, still fun to go through it.

I'm also nearing the last chapter of Trails in the Sky so I'm hoping to finish that up relatively soon to move to Prey on my list, though I will likely also dive into Trails in the Sky SC right away too.

• Got through Life is Strange. Boy, what a ride. Whew. Need a good breather after that one.

I also decided to put my Uncharted 4 photo mode tour playthrough on my backlog. I want to go through the big games (RDR2, DQXI) first, to clear up my schedule for this year. I don't think i'm gonna buy any other backlog games for this year so it's my last addition.

• Nice. I'll try to do this.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Started
    Assassin's Creed Origins
    The Walking Dead Season 2
    Tomb Raider
    Yakuza Kiwami
    Just Cause 3
    What Remains of Edith Finch
    Dante's Inferno
    The Saboteur
    Alan Wake
    Halo 4
    Halo 5

I could count Spider-Man since I bought that on Black Friday and didn't start it until January, but I've already completed it so I won't count it... for now. :P

• Was tough to get it down to 12 and will be even tougher to get anywhere near finishing all 12 but here goes.

Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Saints Row the Third
    Bloodborne
    Puppeteer
    America McGee's Alice / Madness Returns
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
    Persona Q
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Grand Theft Auto IV

SOTN and Red Dead are currently in progress and I see myself finishing both. Tropical Freeze is on hold but will likely slide back into my rotation soon enough. I doubt I'll get to any of the others BUT this Prime 4 delay has definitely opened things up a bit.

• Just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn. I agree with the overall sentiment on the game. All in all, about an 8.0 - 8.5, but the combat and world building / story ending is fantastic. With better side characters and a more living world, and a few other smaller issues resolved, Horizon 2 has potential to become a 10.

Happy to have the spoiler mode to go back and watch.

Of course the EZA studio is brand new right now, but I realized that it'll be fun months and years from now to have old garage-era spoiler modes (and frame trap discussions) left to come back to whenever more backlog games are completed and we've all gotten used to the studio era EZA. :)

• We'll see how I feel after I play a but while travelling this weekend but I might give up on Pokemon Let's Go. It really isn't challenging, the animations are bad, and it doesn't really change a whole lot. I'm kinda just running the motions and not loving it anymore. Might cut my losses and move onto another game in the backlog.

• Took another game in my list, Trails in the Sky 9/10

definitively the most daunting in my list, the bad side is that now I want to play all the other games in the TitS and Crossbell series and it has become a race against time with ToCS 3 coming out this year, so not good for my backlog but I'll see how it goes.

As for TitS I do at least need to say. MY GOD DO I LOVE ESTELLE, AND TITA!

Anyhow I hope I'll be starting Prey soon which I had said would be the next I would tackle, as I'm downloading TitS 2.

Lisa
    Pony Island 7/10
    West of Loathing
    Alan Wake
    Prey
    Alice Madness Returns
    D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die
    Deadly Premonition
    Grim Fandango
    Mark of the Ninja
    Trails in the Sky 9/10
    The Silver Case

• I bought a bunch of games the other day, and since my list is one game short i'm adding one of them here, i don't think I'll be playing it anytime soon anyway.

Okami HD
    HZD The Frozen Wilds (previously Darksiders II)
    Persona 4
    Shenmue II
    Thumper
    Kingdom Come Deliverance
    Nier Automata
    Hollow Knight
    Life is Strange
    Wasteland 2
    Uncharted 4 (5th playthrough, because why not)
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm

I want to get one of these games crossed out soon, might be between Okami HD and Darksiders II since i already started playing them a bit.

• You know what, I'm going to cross out Darksiders II. It's really fun the first two hours, but after that I'm just bored to tears. It's the same situation for me with the first Darksiders, and i can't point out why exactly. Going to replace it with HZD The Frozen Wilds.

• I can't believe it, I actually beat one!

Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Saints Row the Third
    Puppeteer
    America McGee's Alice / Madness Returns
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
    Persona Q
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Grand Theft Auto IV

I feel like 199% is enough but, knowing myself, I will probably go back to clean that up this week.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

With that backlog, I don’t know if 12 in 12 is even possible. RDR, GTA, and Bloodborne are all big boy games. You’re going to have plenty of busy months.

• @dipset Got it - wife and baby on the back burner.

But yeah, I think 12 years may be a better estimate. RDR will go down, playing now and loving it. Bloodborne I got about 75% through a few years ago but can't decide whether to pick that up or start again - I don't remember much. Everything else? Not bloody likely.

• Making some progress on a few games. Clearing out most of the secreta in Tomb Raider to get the last few unlocks before I hit up dat final mish.

Also put a few hours into Ghost Recon Wildlands last night. Just have to take down the four underbosses before I get to El Sueno. Very underrated game IMO. Its FarCry in the streets, but SOCOM Navy Seals in the sheets.

• @el-shmiablo

Don't put that in my head. SOCOM II is in my Top 2 all time. How can Tom Clancy be anywhere close to that?

• @dipset I personally find it hits a real sweet spot in terms of accessibility and tactical combat. The world is absolutely massive (and gorgeous) and full of unique combat situations which really come alive when playing with like minded people.
    It is a shame it took them so long to add Ghost War (the game's PVP mode) because it is some serious tacticool fun.

• @dipset ppfff those are all child's play in comparison to Persona Q when it comes to play time (considering a decent amount of playing around in the open world)

• @bard91 Yeah that one was basically filler. I've had it since release and it's still sealed.

• I'm doing pretty well so far, I crossed off 4 games out of 12 already (Hollow Knight, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Mega Man X6 and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate).

None of those are 80-hour epics, so I've still got some heavy-hitters like Bloodborne and Kingdom Come: Deliverance left on my plate.

I might replace one of those games with Okami HD, since I got it recently and really feel like playing it soon.

• "I don't feel like playing a massive game. I think I'll replace one of them with another massive game."

• Axel

• UPDATE - I've hard quit Marvel's Spider-Man. I feel like quitting a game in the backlog is just as satisfying and completing it cause I know I'll move onto better ones.

Added Titanfall 2 and Hollow Knight to the list. I'm pretty deep into Hollow Knight and just started Titanfall 2. Both are amazing and I've owned them both for a while and feel bad that it took me this long to try them.