Tackle the backlog - 12 in 12 2019

• Still en route for 12 in 12. Just finished Undertale. Prob gonna be my only backlog game in March.

• The way I've been playing through Okami HD makes me think that I'll finish it sometime next month. It's a really good game, but there's a certain vibe to it that makes me feel sleepy. I can't play it more than 2 hours at a time.

• I think I should switch my Uncharted 4 playthrough in my list for My Hero One's Justice. I've been mostly playing around the versus mode with friends, so there's still a lot of stuff to do in it (I'm planning to platinum it, it looks quite easy). It's weird having a replay session as a backlog anyway.

Okami HD
    HZD The Frozen Wilds
    Persona 4
    Shenmue II
    Thumper
    Kingdom Come Deliverance
    Nier Automata
    Hollow Knight
    Life is Strange
    Wasteland 2
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    My Hero One's Justice

• And I can take Prey of the list.

Prey is a good game, maybe better than what I thought of it, certainly one that deserves more attention that what it got, however given how frustrating it was at times, the ocassional buginess, and specially how annoying the final sections of the game were to play, it keeps it from being a game I can say I thoroughly enjoy, BUT it is a game I can easily recommend.

8/10

And with that I have three games out of my list, which given how much time I'll have to put to catch up with the Trails franchise I'm glad I was pretty conservative with the length of games I choose.

Lisa
    Pony Island 7/10
    West of Loathing
    Alan Wake
    Prey 8/10
    Alice Madness Returns
    D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die
    Deadly Premonition
    Grim Fandango
    Mark of the Ninja
    Trails in the Sky 9/10
    The Silver Case

• Finally got one down.

I'd be really surprised if I will finish all 12 games. The first 3 especially will give me trouble since they are really long games but I'll do my best!

Dragon Quest VII
    Persona 4
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Shenmue I & II
    Devil May Cry 3
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
    Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
    Shadowrun (SNES)
    Ultima VII
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
    Drakengard

• @neocweeny Counting Shenmue I & II as one game will be your downfall in completing the list, lol

• @bam541 How long are those games?
    I've already played some of the first came when the HD collection came out. I stopped right after the stealth section on the harbor.

• @neocweeny i finished the first one in like 11-13 hours (I rushed it a bit though). I heard the second one is twice as long, haven't played it yet.

• Alright, this is exactly what I need to keep on trucking through the year.

1. Bloodborne (done March 7)
    2. Hollow Knight (done March 21)
    3. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
    4. Yakuza 0
    5. Final Fantasy VI
    6. Shenmue 1 & 2 (both as one entry)
    7. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
    8. Pokemon White 2
    9. Captain Toad Treasure Treacker
    10. Xenoblade Chronicles
    11. Xenosaga Episode 3
    12. Super Metroid

So many of these games have been on my backlog for years. Even if I don't get to finish anything else on my shelf this year, I gotta do this dirty dozen. Best of luck to everyone else!

• Grim Fandango 7.5/10

I'm not sure what to think tbh, I liked it overall and I think most parts of it were fun, but good god even with this remastered version I feel the game could use a truckload of gameplay improvements simply to not make it a chore.

Still the story was pretty fun to go through and I liked the characters specially Glottis, and there were some times where the humor really came through, but then there were other times that the story oddly just felt like it skipped important parts of the story.

Considering how rough it is to play and how some puzzles were so incredibly obscure I do have to bring the game down a notch even if I enjoyed it overall, but had I not cheated I probably wouldn't have made it half way through.

Lisa
    Pony Island 7/10
    West of Loathing
    Alan Wake
    Prey 8/10
    Alice Madness Returns
    D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die
    Deadly Premonition
    Grim Fandango 7.5/10
    Mark of the Ninja
    Trails in the Sky 9/10
    The Silver Case

Now I'm of to Japan with nothing but West of Loathing and Mark of the Ninja on my Switch so I'll see how that month goes even though I don't expect to make much progress.

• So PS+ Asia this month has What Remains of Edith Finch as a "free" game, and I'm really tempted to switch out one of my games from the list to this. I've been switching out games too many times though, lol.

• @bam541 I'll allow it, but you have to switch out with a long game. You've got way too many monsters on your list.

• @el-shmiablo Ling game?

• Okay, this is my last list changeup. Edith Finch in, Kingdom Come Deliverance out. If we're doing this kind of thing again next year, It'll probably pop up there, I still got ways to go in that game. Locking my list in.

Okami HD
    HZD The Frozen Wilds
    Persona 4 Golden
    Shenmue II
    Thumper
    What Remains of Edith Finch
    Nier Automata
    Hollow Knight
    Life is Strange
    Wasteland 2
    My Hero One's Justice

• Edit: Bloodborne out, sub TBD. I like it but 9-5 + baby + school means I don't need any voluntary stress in my life. SNES sub is looking likely so I have more excuses to play my Super NT.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Might I suggest Super Mario RPG? Save for a few optional fights, the game is the ultimate destresser with it's comedy and charm.

• @el-shmiablo amazing suggestion. I did complete it around release but I think it's been long enough to maybe jump back in.

• Finished up Trails SC tonight. Really love the world in these games. Ultimately the main story was a bit meh, but all of the minor supporting stories are really interesting.

Kingdom Hearts
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Trails in the Sky SC
    The Division
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Final Fantasy XV NG+
    Life is Strange
    Halo
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Arkham Asylum
    Devil May Cry 1 & 2

• Far Cry 4
    Ni no Kuni 2
    Gravity Rush 2
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Digimon Story Cyberslueth
    Assassins Creed Unity
    Ghost Recon Wildlands
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    Yakuza Zero

Forgot to strike Tomb Raider off. Completed it a few weeks ago. Enjoyable, but still prefer the first game.
    Also contemplating replacing AC Unity with AC2. Replaying that by way of the Ezio Trilogy and remembering why I fell in love with this series. Jesper Kyd is a music god.

• @el-shmiablo said in Tackle the backlog - 12 in 12 2019:

Far Cry 4
    Ni no Kuni 2
    Gravity Rush 2
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Digimon Story Cyberslueth
    Assassins Creed Unity
    Ghost Recon Wildlands
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    Yakuza Zero

Forgot to strike Tomb Raider off. Completed it a few weeks ago. Enjoyable, but still prefer the first game.
    Also contemplating replacing AC Unity with AC2. Replaying that by way of the Ezio Trilogy and remembering why I fell in love with this series. Jesper Kyd is a music god.

I'm trying to finally knock Unity off my backlog now and I'm really enjoying it. The original Assassins Creed is my personal favourite and Unity seems to remind me of it in a number of ways.

If you've beaten AC2 already though, does it count here?