Games/Franchises that should make a comeback

• @dipset UNPOPULAR OPINION INCOMING
    StarHawk was better in every possible way.

• @el-shmiablo

I’m sure it was... also didn’t StarHawk have... BUILDING ON THE FLY?!?!

I never played it though cause Warhawk was active still and nobody I knew played StarHawk. But more evidence of how far ahead these games were.

• @dipset
    How much you want to bet if a new War or Starhawk came out people would call it a fortnight clone, but with flying

• They would 140% do that and I'd send NoClip to do a developer documentary to put some respek on their name.

But in reality, I'm not sure who would make Warhawk. Incognito is dead. They did amazing work though.

• @dipset Guerilla.
    They hired some R6 Siege devs recently, so they're clearly planning on doing something big with multiplayer.

• @el-shmiablo
    Battle Royal with robot dinosaurs

• @el-shmiablo @DMCMaster They're making another Killzone by the way. They have 2 teams.

• @iboshow
    I'm aware, still robot dinosaurs free for all

• Madworld/Anarchy reigns.

loved both of their styles of gameplay, and anarchy reigns online was extremely fun while it lasted. want to see more nontraditional fighting games

• Killzone with even more thorough multiplayer is something I am fine with. They always had a solid foundation and I enjoyed their unique dynamic game mode style MP where the game switches all within one match.

They basically took this gen off since they launched with Shadowfall. I’d be happy if Killzone had a comeback with some tactical shooter devs helping out.

But also, they can just go ahead and make Warhawk, that’d be nice.

• I want Killzone to just go back to Killzone 2, every Killzone game should play like that game does. KZ3 and Shadow Fall lost a lot of what makes KZ2 so good, the slow and heavy-feeling controls especially.

• @bam541

If it wasn’t for the minute to minute dialogue, I’d argue Killzone 2 is one of the best console shooters all time.

It had everything. Even the story was good in terms of concept and lore. Just couldn’t nail characters or make me care about them though bad dialogue.

I’m getting excited here imagining more Killzone 2.

• I can't say I was a big fan of the controller delay in KZ2. KZ3 was a much better game overall in my opinion. Had an absolute fucking blast playing splitscreen coop with my roommate.
    Also one of the best uses of the PS Move, along with Resistance 3.
    R3 is straight up the best console shooter of the entire last gen. Got serious HL2 vibes from that game in some parts.

• Resistance in general was painfully underrated considering how fun it was.

I don't necessarily want it to come back. It got weapons, enemies, and scale right. But I really couldn't care less about that story or world.

• @dipset I wouldn't mind another Resistance, but it needs to be straight up 3-esqye from the onset.
    It is a shame that series finally found its Groove only after everybody stopped giving a fuck.

• Still need to get around to playing Resistance, think I got 2 and 3 sitting around somewhere

• Play Resistance Fall of Man with a friend as well as Resistance 3. R2 threw out split screen and was kinda like Call of Duty meets horror. It was the dark horse. Still fun though. Just not fun with friends.

• Resistance 3 is amazing. It's the only Resistance game i played (aside from the PSP game which was also amazing), i was quite blown away by it. That game can feel atmospheric as heck, I still remember how younger me feels when going to that abandoned town level in the middle of the night. Really cool weapons too, Insomniac's still flexing their creativity there.

• @bam541 The train level was so fucking good. Timing your shots with the sway of the cars as they rounded corners was so satisfying.

• I too miss Resistance. The first holds a special place in my heart, and while I dug 2's story, dropping the weapon wheel for only two weapons was annoying. 3 looks fantastic still, but it feels like it's missing something. Retribution is ok and Burning Skies is passable (both are better with New Game Plus bonuses), but the true hidden gems are actually the two books. Those are some pretty good stories.