Updated: EZA Forum FantasyCritic League 2020 Season Thread

• @sentinel-beach Yep, just PM me an email address to send the invite to

• Cool. Now I'm in there, with my publisher Blue Cacti.

• I made the most heinous stupid publishing name I could think of "Chumbawunma-Hoobastank G-Unit Records Productions".

You should all feel ashamed if you lose to somebody with a name this stupid.

• I enjoy the pregame mental damage

• Currently at six teams. We can roll with this, but I'll accept new teams until 5pm PST tomorrow.

Anyone who's already in want to chime in with times you may be available to draft this weekend?

• I'm down

• @iboshow PM me your email

• So there's a person who just signed up for the forum 5 minutes ago that wants to join. They are active on another forum and got pointed here by @elitefusion. I'm going to let them join up, since they linked to themselves over there and it seems like they are a real person. I just dont want to sign up any bots. :)

Anyhow, welcome @gcjones216 !

• I'd like to join.

• I'm down to clown

• I am in!

• Theoretically, if Iboshow PMs me, I think we're about full. We COULD squeeze 2 more people in, but it would max out our league.

@elitefusion - so if I'm understanding this correctly, at 12/14 teams, I should probably set the "total games" at like 5, with 3 drafted and one counter pick? That would leave one mid-year pickup? I don't want to get to the point where we are only picking 2 games.

• Both this year's and last year's Guess the Metacritic champions (Me and Axel) are in this league so y'all better be ready for some tough competition.

• We are down to our last theoretical spot and I have not heard from @Bosman so I am going to assume he's busy. I tweeted at him too, he's just so aloof!

• @tokyoslim said in EZA Forum FantasyCritic League signup:

Anyone who's already in want to chime in with times you may be available to draft this weekend?

I should be pretty free all weekend. The only thing is that some / a lot? of us live in such different time zones. Finland has 7 to 10 hrs difference to the U.S., for example. But there are still some solid overlapping hours when we can interact.

Would we just use this thread as a common platform to discuss the draft, who's turn it is etc.? I'm not really so sure about how it all will play out in practise, but we'll figure it out.

• @tokyoslim First, and I should add this as an FAQ, but there's no real reason you need an even number of players, unlike fantasy football, because there's no head to head match ups. 12 and 14 are definitely fine, but so is 13.

As for the number of games, we're in uncharted territory. The two leagues I've run so far both have 6 people. It's a tricky balance at 14 people. You want people to have enough games that they feel good about their roster, but with a larger roster, you're going to be digging deep at the end.

Even though this isn't what the site says, I think you should try 6/4/1 games/draftgames/counter picks. Depending on how this works out ill update the algorithm that makes the recommendation when you make a league.

Also, for communication during the draft, perhaps consider discord?

• Pretty good all weekend, but later in the day is preferrable.

• Hard to tell when I'll be available compared to you guys since I'm in Asia, so I'll just try to keep an eye on things!

• @elitefusion said in EZA Forum FantasyCritic League signup:

@tokyoslim First, and I should add this as an FAQ, but there's no real reason you need an even number of players, unlike fantasy football, because there's no head to head match ups. 12 and 14 are definitely fine, but so is 13.

Thanks. After looking at how it works closer, I had deduced as much. Wasnt actually expecting to have this many people though. :)

As for the number of games, we're in uncharted territory. The two leagues I've run so far both have 6 people. It's a tricky balance at 14 people. You want people to have enough games that they feel good about their roster, but with a larger roster, you're going to be digging deep at the end.

I think the digging is the best part!

Even though this isn't what the site says, I think you should try 6/4/1 games/draftgames/counter picks. Depending on how this works out ill update the algorithm that makes the recommendation when you make a league.

Alrighty!

Also, for communication during the draft, perhaps consider discord?

Yeah, but then someone would need to teach me how to use Discord. lol

• Yeah I should be free all weekend. I live in Cali, which is just about as far from Asia as you can get, but we'll figure it out.