Updated: EZA Forum FantasyCritic League 2020 Season Thread

• ok, i have spent maybe like 20 seconds in my whole life using discord, but I went ahead and set up a server. You should all have gotten a PM from me with a link. Let me know if it doesn't work.

• Woops, this is what I get for not checking the forum for a few days. If a spot opens up for some reason, I'll happily be a replacement. If not, have fun everyone!

• @sabotagethetruth said in EZA Forum FantasyCritic League signup:

Woops, this is what I get for not checking the forum for a few days. If a spot opens up for some reason, I'll happily be a replacement. If not, have fun everyone!

We got room for one

• Also waiting on @GMan to accept the invite

Other than that, We're officially max capacity! Good luck everyone!

• I'm thinking Late Saturday PST Draft. Like 9 PM.
    Let me know if that doesn't work for you. Obviously as international people of leisure - there isn't a time that works for everyone, but I think late Saturday is the least obtrusive vis-a-vis North America/Asia/W Europe

• I'm not going to play in this league, but I'm very interested in how this goes given the size. I'd also like to be available to fix any issues. Can I get a discord invite?
    elitefusion #8608

• What eligibility level will we be running with? Considering the sheer number of games that need to be drafted/picked up, I'm assuming anything is game, but I just wanted to make sure before I start making a draft list.

@elitefusion, sent you a link for Discord.

• @sabotagethetruth It's currently set to allow everything up to the level of "Remake"

REMAKE
    A remake that modernizes gameplay without fundamentally changing it.

Examples:

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

So this wouldn't include, for example - the direct and unchanged PC port of a previously released PS4 game.

• You know what, I'm gonna broaden the eligibility one more stop, just because there's 14 of us.

PARTIAL REMAKE
    A game that adds some new features while largely playing the same as the original.
    EXAMPLES
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
    The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker HD
    Metroid Prime Trilogy
    Shadow of the Colossus (2018)

• So basically, anything that's more than just an HD re-release or direct port should be available.

• At 5pm PST today I'm gonna push the go button to see what it does. I have the distinct feeling that anyone who hasn't responded to the email invite will not be in the league this year. (but feel free to start another one!)

• @TokyoSlim If you want to get a feel for managing a draft, you can make a test league if you make another account under a different email. Just open one account in a different browser or in an incognito window. Then invite yourself, and try drafting.

• @elitefusion Thanks. I did that.

Is there a way to see games by hype factor?
    Is there a way to change or randomize the draft order?

• How does it work with games getting delayed to 2020/announced for 2019

• Anything picked that gets delayed out of 2019 gets 0 points.
    Anything unannounced at this point will be able to be bid on later using your pick-up budget.

• Changing the draft order is done by clicking "Edit Draft Order" in the sidebar when you are looking at your league. There's no setting to randomize it, although I'll consider adding that. You can implement a "random" yourself with a random number generator if you like.

Sorting by hype factor is not a thing yet, but I am planning on working on that over the next few hours. I'll post a tweet when the update goes out.

• Gonna get on more of this later today when I am at home, and I'm more than ok with a 9pm start time for the draft this Saturday.

• @elitefusion said in EZA Forum FantasyCritic League signup EDIT: My league is full! (you can start your own though!):

Changing the draft order is done by clicking "Edit Draft Order" in the sidebar when you are looking at your league. There's no setting to randomize it, although I'll consider adding that. You can implement a "random" yourself with a random number generator if you like.

I don't have that option right now. Is that something that shows up after you click Start Drafting?

• How does everyone feel about allowing early access games?

• Right now the default is set to NOT allow them. But a dissenting opinion was brought up. So we need an official vote.