Updated: EZA Forum FantasyCritic League 2020 Season Thread

• I honestly didn't want to counterpick a game just because of a potential delay, so I went with something I feel lacks the most ambition. For a series that has been dormant for awhile, Travis Strikes Again just isn't really a game anyone was asking for, especially since it's more of a spinoff than a proper sequel. As much as I love Suda, his games are hardly ever critical darlings. I'd honestly be surprised if it surpasses 75, so I don't mind a few negative points.

Ace Combat 7 feels like a game that will get a solid 82-85.

• Travis Strikes Again would have been my counterpick too, I'd love for it to do well for the Switch but every time I see gameplay I can't imagine for a second it'll get a score over 70. I hate to talk trash about a game but it looks like a barebones and generic beat em up and I find its art style atrocious.

Ace Combat looks like a return to form for the series so I imagine it'll end up in the 80-85 range.

This all reminds me I need to add my scores to the Guess the Metacritic thread!

• Oh no @iboshow ! https://kotaku.com/ea-cancels-open-world-star-wars-game-1831786371

I know it's a different game, but if the one that had been in the works is potentially dead, it makes me wonder even more about any other coming out this year.

• Damn. "how hard could it be to make a Star Wars game?" lol

• @sazime The game that's cancelled is the game Amy Hennig was working on and was moved to EA Vanvoucer/Canada not Respawns game.

• There's this from the article:

"When EA’s top decision-makers looked at their road map for the next few years, they decided that they needed something earlier than the planned release date for Orca, according to two people familiar with what happened. So they cancelled Orca in favor of a smaller-scale Star Wars project that’s now aimed for much sooner—likely, late 2020, which also happens to be around the time that I’ve heard next-gen consoles will launch. (Might be a bit earlier; might be a bit later. From what I’ve heard, next-gen plans are definitely still in flux.)"

• From this week's bidding I picked up Bayonetta 3 for $3. I'm not confident that it will come out but if it does I'm sure it will be amazing . Also in bidding news @Sazime got Sayonara Wild Hearts for $10. With $97 and $90 left respectively and only 1 slot available each I think we are pretty sure to get whatever other game we bid on, unless someone else gets a game for real cheap.

• Sayonara, like Metal Wolf, is a pick of love for me. However, Annapurna Interactive is also knowing for strong showings for their games in the meta, so it could be a sure bet.

• Good ol' Ben has my back and gave Travis Strikes Again a 5.5. It's currently sitting at a 73 but I'm hoping it'll slide down at least another point or two.

• Called it!

• I think it'll plateau at around a 70

• Eurogamer gave the game the dreaded "Avoid". No points, though, to affect the scales.

• Yikes. It seems that it has a decent amount of reviewers that scored it well, which means it's not all bad i guess.

Anyway, speaking about reviews by the Allies, i hope AC7 gets one. Other than Huber (which is probably busy with RE2) i don't know who else is interested in it, which makes it a bit unlikely. Might be a Damiani joint, if it does happen.

• So uhh, anyone bidding on Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid?

• @axel Only winners.

• Seeing "Battle for the Grid" made me laugh, amazing subtitle. Might bid it now just because of that, lol.

• 0_1547808222756_fantasygames.JPG

• Ace Combat 7 got 81 on Metacritic, for now. Now to wait for it to show up on Opencritic, which makes me as anxious as for waiting for the actual game to be delivered to me.

• https://www.fantasycritic.games/league/3590cb15-6a87-439f-bc4a-91d5b5fe2ca8/2019

There's the link to our league if you want to see it

• Like a thief in the night, I picked up Shin Megami Tensei V for exactly $0. While it's not been given a date yet, there was a promise of substantial news "soon" back in December, so I could easily see an October release for this bad boy. And thanks to more negative reviews rolling in, my counterpick isn't giving me negative points anymore. A few more negatives and I might start earning points, woop.

Also looks like Bowtop has a full roster right now and it's looking beefy.