Danganrompa 1 and 2

• Anyone played these?

I recently ran through both and loved them. I love them both for different reasons, I feel the characters are better in the first, but the second has better cases and improved ( but still at times slightly annoying) game play.

• Played all three of the main games, love them all not sure which I would say is my favorite one or which cast I prefer. Overall I would say I like the plot in the games but the games themselves have some aspects which keep them from being my absolute favorites.

• Sakura is bae

• Played 1, 2, Ultra Despair Girls and V3 back to back last year. Didn't especially liked Ultra Despair Girls, but the rest were great and better with each iteration. V3 was even my 2017 GotY.

• Sorry to hijack, but is the anime on Netflix any good?

• @axel if you are referring to the Danganronpa 3 anime, then NO

• Too bad, I was kinda hoping to watch this as my entry point to the series, guess I'll jump straight to the games then!

• Global Moderator

I'm currently on chapter 3 of V3. Bar it having a major nitpick in withholding information from the player in the first chapter, I'm enjoying it.

• @tokeeffe9 Typically I'm against that sort of thing, but I think the result was well worth it.

• @axel Also that Anime should be watched after playing 1 and 2 (and maybe playing the spin off shooter Despair girls)

• @ffff0 said in Danganrompa 1 and 2:

Played 1, 2, Ultra Despair Girls and V3 back to back last year. Didn't especially liked Ultra Despair Girls, but the rest were great and better with each iteration. V3 was even my 2017 GotY.

I plan to watch Despair Girls on youtube, dont want to actually play it, but I hear there is some good story bits there

• @acardattack said in Danganrompa 1 and 2:

I plan to watch Despair Girls on youtube, dont want to actually play it, but I hear there is some good story bits there

I think it has the best protagonist development in the series, but it has pacing issues (long slow cutscenes like in visual novel, and fast action-oriented gameplay). So watching it on YouTube at double speed may be a great idea.

• Played the entire series last year and watched the Danganronpa 3 anime as well - not sure why it's getting dislike here, it was decent, especially the Despair side. I liked the first Danganronpa quite a lot and the second didn't initially stick with me quite as much until I got into the back half of the game, which was pretty damn brilliant. As the ending started to unfold, I just sat there dumbfounded with how well everything tied into the first and some of those twists were just outright painful (but fun!) to experience. Ultra Despair Girls is also alright, besides the villain kids... those are beyond annoying. V3 I absolutely despise. While it feels more polished, it's much too similar and that ending left me feeling like I wasted my time. It really, really irks me when a writer cops out like that - but I won't dig in too much farther to avoid spoilers. Since the writer is now gone from the company (I think?) I'm really curious to see if they continue the series.