Developer: SIE Japan Studio
    Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
    Genre: Platform
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• @dmcmaster Basic ones were in the game at launch, but the crazy customization menu where you can tweak just about everything was part of the free DLC updates throughout 2018.

@Axel Dang, only #17? Guess that's the cost of being a VR game when most people still don't have VR. Absolute must play if you own it or (in my case) know a friend who owns it who'll let you come over and play.

• As I mentioned above, Tetris Effect was one of many things that made VR stand out this year, and this was another that caught my attention. While Brad's review REALLY sold me more than anything else, it does look just a little bit like the beginnings of VR's true potential. By no means am I holding that against it, but that makes me more excited to see what's next. Truly the definitive VR platformer to date.

• Would love to play this game, but VR just makes me sick. I bought it, thinking I could handle it, but I couldn't get past the first level.

• Astro Bot has been THE game that pushed me very very close to the edge of buying a PS VR, everything I've heard about it sounds so damn wonderful.

But at this point I'm probably going to wait for PS 5 / PS VR 2 before I take the plunge.

• I have this game on my to do list

• Pure platformers aren't my thing, but I liked Astro-Bot. Great use of VR and it's a full game (unlike may other VR titles which feel like a tech-demos).

• This looks so jolly, i wish i had a PSVR.

• Astro Bot is one of those games that I'd love to play, but will never get around to play it. I've never been a big fan of VR and I doubt I'll ever purchase one. I hope they'll make a non-VR compatible version of it in the future.

• @hidz
    i'm in the same boat but the price of psvr has been droping so much and not to mention the sure to be refined VR ps5 edition it will be hard to pass up.

• @hidz said:

I hope they'll make a non-VR compatible version of it in the future.

That would ruin lots of the charm of the game even harder than porting Super Mario 3D World to Switch would. The design is the game is directly blended to the VR experience. That's why it is a significant release and not just another platformer locked behind VR. Hopefully over time VR gets better (makes less people sick) and cheaper though. If VR can stick around until most people own it and are used to it, even if they make better Astrobot games or other VR platformers going forward, this one will be worth going back for and hopefully stay compatible with the new systems.

• Forza Horizon 4

#16. Forza Horizon 4 - 13 points

Votes

#1: 1 (MiserablePerson)
    #2: 1 (ShilentShniper)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (ffff0)
    HM: 2 (Hazz3r, DIPSET)

Information

Release date: October 2 [US/EU]
    Developer: Playground Games
    Publisher: Microsoft Studios
    Genre: Racing
    Platform(s): Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• I'm not a racing person, but Forza's presentation during E3, almost sold me on the game. It looks like something I can just turn off my brain and just ride around, having a good time. I guess the thing that keeps me from going in on this game is I'm worried it won't hold my interest for long. After taking part in a couple of races and driving around the map for awhile, I don't think it would provide enough enticing incentives to keep me going.

Also, being an annualized franchise (Yes, I know its in name only as Horizon is more arcade-y while Motorsport is more simulation), gives me the same feelings Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, and the sports games give me.

• Love 2D platformers, not so much on 3D. While Astro Bot isn't making that the best thing it was still good. The thing is after a 1st world I thought it was a good game and when I continued to go even deeper it just became amazing with mechanics and level design that made me laugh and feel like a kid again. It's a wonderful that you will appreciate when you have went through the whole journey. It is that good. Probably had the biggest impact on me last year and would be at the top were the other games not more to my tastes.

• Yes, I'm so happy that Forza Horizon 4 made into Top 25! I know it's easy to dismiss Sports/Racing games if you aren't their fan, but Forza Horizon has much wider appeal. It has easily customizable difficulty and depth and a lot of stuff to do outside of racing, so if you don’t like racing games that much you would probably still enjoy Forza Horizon 4. It’s a warm blanked as Huber likes to say.

• @brannox If you have PC or Xbox, buy GamePass when it's $1 for a month and just try this game. Even if you'll get bored after a couple of hours, it wouldn't be a huge money loss.

• Suuuuch a good racing game! I was a huge fan of Need for Speed for such a long time, and never really got into the more "simulation" heavy racing games like Forza or Gran Turismo. I largely ignored the Forza franchise, even with the release of the Horizon games, and it wasn't until Forza Horizon 2 came out for free with an Xbox membership that I gave it a chance. I was quickly enamored, and after seeing the gameplay of Horizon 4, I decided I was all in and purchased the game at launch. Needless to say, Bloodworth's review was spot on, and now I am a true believer in Forza! What a dynamic and genuinely fun racing experience! I am a sucker for customization, and that coupled with the more arcade style of racing (compared to normal Forza games) and the beautiful and varied tracks, I can say I am fully invested. Horizon 4 strikes that perfect balance between realism and arcade fun. If you've been toying with the idea of playing it, I highly recommend giving it a chance.

• Forza Horizon 4 is one of the best games released this year. It’s incredibly well made with a tonne to see and do and innovation out of the wazzoo. In some universe it rightly picked up several GOTYs.

• I wish i had an Xbox or a good PC, i would eat this game up and never let go. Nothing else compares to the Horizon series these days, judging from all the gameplay i have seen. It's hard not to say that the devs truly care about the series, so it's not a surprise that they'll end up making something like this.

• Honestly Horizon 4 is probably the closest game in ages to scratch my Burnout/NFS itch.
    Also the soundtrack doesn't mute itself during races (Why do you do that Codemasters?)