The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2018!

• @axel Haven't played it, but pretty sure I'd get obsessed if I did. All the design decisions and improvements for this one compared to others feel more meaningful and catered to the directions I wanted to see the series go when none of these games have excited me since Brotherhood until this one. Didn't expect to see it this high honestly, but I do think it is earned.

• Bought Assassins Creed for the first time in years this year, played for about 6-7 hours, was really enjoying it, and then a bug kept me from leaving the first island. Tried replaying it, same thing happened. Tried uninstalling it, same thing happened again. It would probably have been an honorable mention, had I been able to play the game

• I have mixed feelings regarding Assassin's Creed as a whole:

I played the first one and didn't really like it, but I gave III a shot because playing as a Native American during the American Revolution was too much of a fascinating concept. And I would up disappointed. Black Flag I only got because of the pirate aspect, and in that the game succeeded, as I have fond memories of sailing the seas, but could NOT care less for ANYTHING outside of the animus (this goes for all the ACs).

So all-in-all AC hasn't been for me. When Odyssey was announced, the ancient Greek setting was appealing, but then I found out about the map size. I like the Greek setting, but not enough to commit to a map that big.

While I did pass on Odyssey, I WAS surprised by just how praised it was. Seeing it at 7 feels a little low, but I've heard multiple claims this is the best entry of the series to date so I believe it worthy of being recognized higher. Alas, it is where it is, and that makes me curious what's ahead of it (Though I'm comfortable in guessing in no order what the top three games are).

• ACO got my number 4 without me even finishing it, and mostly that comes down to how great Kassandra is and how much fun it is to just clean out an entire fort. I definitely think it's too long, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the story.
    Also, the cultist system was a great addition to the series.

• All this talk about AC just has me wanting to say one thing...
    Jesper Kyd is mai husbando.

• I am admittedly not that far in AC Odyssey.. but I am really enjoying it. This is the first AC game I've played since 3 and I love the changes they've made. The combat is fun and dynamic, the writing and quests are good so far and the world is gorgeous.. I think the added rpg mechanics work really well and keep me way more engaged than the previous style did. I really like Kassandra as a character as well.. I'm glad I went with her. Its also nice seeing less assassin lore and future stuff as well.. maybe its just me but I found it harder to buy the assassin stuff and outfit outside of the original setting.. the future stuff was always lame

• Unpopular opinion, I cared about the present day Abstergo story. I liked Desmond Miles and I was hoping it was leading to him being a present day Assassin. I stopped caring about this franchise when they stopped caring about the story.

• @iboshow glad to see I'm not the only one, when I cared about AC it was because I was hoping for a great story encompassing multiple games with interesting connections between them, then they decided to axe any plan they had for that (if there was ever one) and just started churning out games, I'll never play another AC, and looking at them it is hard to think I'm missing out.

• @bard91 The end of Assassin's Creed Revelations is one of my absolute favourite pieces of dialogue in video games ever. It really encompasses what made AC such a cool story. I do like the games post 3, they highlight really interesting lore bits about the game, but that's all it is, lore, and thats a shame.

• @hazz3r never got to that one actually, I was interested but only got up to Brotherhood, and then I lost all interest in the franchise, maybe something to consider for the future.

• @Axel You're late

• Yakuza Kiwami 2

#6. Yakuza Kiwami 2 - 26 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 3 (Hidz, ACardAttack, parasitepaladin)
    #3: 1 (Minamik)
    #4: 3 (DIPSET, Sheria, Capnbobamous)
    HM: 5 (TokyoSlim, Exist 2 Inspire, iboshow, Axel, SunPraiser)

Information

Release date: August 28 [US/EU]
    Developer: Sega
    Publisher: Sega
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• Yes! To me this is the golden standard for Yakuza games. A great story, fantastic combat, and some of the best substories and minigames I've ever played. Somehow, a game that on the outside looks so small, is just packed to the brim with content. Also, I'll never say no to more Majima.

• nice

alt text

• I'm upset that six is lower and a better game

• yeah. I didn't like this game that much. Majima's combat sucked but payoff was nice even if it wasn't much. Same with the minigame one. Story had nice twists but it felt it jumped all over the place.

• Propably should've seen this much earlier, but Hitman 2 didn't make the cut. Nor did Dragon Ball FighterZ. I mean the Top5 is now really obvious. And deservedly so!
    GoW, MHW, RDR2, Smash, Spidey. Still excited to see the order.

• I liked Hitman 2 while I played it. It was my #8 before I've played Thronebreaker (my #6).

• Our influencers would be proud to see this list.

• @mbun I'm planning to submit this list as my Q&A question for this month.