The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2018!

• @Axel You're late

• Yakuza Kiwami 2

#6. Yakuza Kiwami 2 - 26 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 3 (Hidz, ACardAttack, parasitepaladin)
    #3: 1 (Minamik)
    #4: 3 (DIPSET, Sheria, Capnbobamous)
    HM: 5 (TokyoSlim, Exist 2 Inspire, iboshow, Axel, SunPraiser)

Information

Release date: August 28 [US/EU]
    Developer: Sega
    Publisher: Sega
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• Yes! To me this is the golden standard for Yakuza games. A great story, fantastic combat, and some of the best substories and minigames I've ever played. Somehow, a game that on the outside looks so small, is just packed to the brim with content. Also, I'll never say no to more Majima.

• nice

alt text

• I'm upset that six is lower and a better game

• yeah. I didn't like this game that much. Majima's combat sucked but payoff was nice even if it wasn't much. Same with the minigame one. Story had nice twists but it felt it jumped all over the place.

• Propably should've seen this much earlier, but Hitman 2 didn't make the cut. Nor did Dragon Ball FighterZ. I mean the Top5 is now really obvious. And deservedly so!
    GoW, MHW, RDR2, Smash, Spidey. Still excited to see the order.

• I liked Hitman 2 while I played it. It was my #8 before I've played Thronebreaker (my #6).

• Our influencers would be proud to see this list.

• @mbun I'm planning to submit this list as my Q&A question for this month.

• Personally, I put 6 higher in my list, but I also loved Kiwami 2. I started the series with 4 on the PS3, and am excited for the eventual remaster of 3 to complete my journey with Kiryu.

• My number 2-4 are now accounted for. I expect my number 1 and 6 soon, but for 5, 7, and 8 to be complete no shows unfortunately.

• I think my #3 and #2 are an easy lock for the top 3, but my #1 is absolutely gonna be a no-show. I'm not really surprised though, I kinda got the impression I was the only person on this entire forum that played 428: Shibuya Scramble anyway.

• @hanabi That's alright. You can join me in the corner over there while I play some more Taiko no Tatsujin, lol.

• @iboshow while I disagree with the specific order they ended up in, I'm very happy that 2 Yakuza titles made the top 10. What a world!

Like... Six years ago or something, we didn't think we'd get any more of these games in the West.

• I think none of my honorable mentions are making the list at this point, and I'm not terribly surprised except for one, maybe two of them. In particular I'm mildly disgusted at my fellow forum members in this community that the main one I expected didn't make it at all. Likewise, one of my top 4 won't be making it, but I knew that when I voted and didn't expect others to back me up on it so no biggie there. Looking at the list so far, surprised to see lots of stuff that made it somehow. There's some cool stuff I didn't think about when I voted, some tough cuts I went without when I was narrowing my votes down, and of course a couple things I don't agree with, but that's the nature of these things I suppose. For how stacked last year was, I think we're ending up with a decent enough list, major snubs aside.

• @iboshow said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2018!:

I'm upset that six is lower and a better game

And if 6 was lower, I'd have felt the same was as I felt 2 was the better game, 6 is my least favorite of the main line games, still good, but still my least favorite

• @iboshow

In regards to the sci-fi stuff, I also like it. It was like a carrot on a stick in the first two games. Little glimpses of how it might culminate. It's my understanding that Patrice D├ęsilets and Jade Raymond intended a trilogy. I think people's disdain for the modern day things was because it flew off the rails.

I always imagined game three would be modern day. A culmination against the modern day templars. It never happened.

• WOAH! So we DID split the vote on Yakuza this year.

I was sure Kiwami 2 wasn't going to appear because people agree that Yakuza 6 is superior. I'm VERY surprised Kiwami 2 ended up this high.

EDIT: Even on our own poll Y6 got 2 GOTY and Y2K got 0. Weird but crazy to see 2 Yakuza games in top 10.

• @dipset probably because not many played Yakuza 6 and both are good and popular among us nowadays.