Sonic The Hedgehog 25th anniversary party

• On Friday 22nd SEGA is hosting a 25th anniversary party for Sonic and livestreaming it on twitch ( The main reason to watch is the promise of a new game reveal that they've been teasing for over 4 months now.

SEGA's been making a lot of comments over the past year about how they're trying to focus more on quality rather than hitting release windows so it will be interesting to see what they show. The last mainline Sonic game SEGA themselves worked on was Lost World which came out in 2013 so they've a had a long time to work on this.

• I have faith, Sonic Team has been pretty good for a while now (I personally enjoyed Lost World, in any case) and if nothing else they've definitely got that twitter PR down and know how to do that well.

• I really want something to be hopeful for, but I'm not expecting too much.
    Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive was the first game I ever played and I've had a soft spot for him ever since, but man it's been hard.
    I just hope they learnt something from Generations and can try to carry that with them going forward.

• Sega and Sonic Team were on a rather decent streak with Unleashed, Colors, Generations and Lost World.

Then Sonic Boom happened. Which was just one great big giant mess. It's really unfortunate BigRedButton went through all that Hell working with CryEngine.

I'm still looking forward to whatever new game is releasing in the main series.

• Hopefully its not another Nintendo exclusive.

• @-Jak-
    Seeing as its a anniversary title it will probably be on PC,PS4,X1 and 3DS.

• My Dad gave me his console when I was 4 with Sonic 1/2 and a few others. And I've always prefered those 2 Sonic games to 2D Mario. Sue me!

• Watching this live right now... it's like a 100 degrees outside and their making sonic dance this will be the death of him.

edit : went back to stream after typing that and Sonic is gone I'm just gonna assume he died ...RIP

edit 2 : Oh man ... they are giving Konami E3 a run for their money ... I feel bad for them this looks like it cost a lot of money, at least the people there seem to be enjoying themselves.

edit 3 : ok ... ok are they doing this on purpose if so I doff my cap to them ... I feel so bad for them everything feels like it is going wrong.

edit 4 : Sonic getting led on stage and off stage by a handler is for some reason the funniest thing in the world to me.

edit 5 : I can't breath this can not be real.

edit 6 : Brought to you by Totino's

edit 7 : Did I mention Totino's

edit 8 : whoever said laughter is the best medicine is a liar, I'm dying here.

edit 9 : so far the games have looked ok, amazing considering the chaos they are surrounded in.

edit 10 : oh... I spoke to soon Sonic Lego looks like a nightmare.

edit 11 : getting the audience to say SEGA was pretty cool.

edit 12 : at least it ended on a good note, what a rollar coaster ... I regret nothing.

• Phew. That got pretty hard to watch at certain points.

• @parasitepaladin I could not breath through some of that ... I feel nauseous and happy at the same time.

• Mania is gonna be awesome

Not quite as excited for Sonic 2017 though

• Sweet were getting Generations 2, or something close to it. I do hope they snag Jaleel White for classic Sonic this time. Also find a way to work a 3rd Eggman in played by Jim Cummings

• Sonic Mania looks so good!!!

• They did it. I'm excited to play a new Sonic game! Sonic Mania HYPE!!

• I wasn't expecting something like Sonic Mania to show up. It looks like Sonic 4 more than the actual Sonic 4. It's the sequel that fans of the classic series deserve.

As far as the 2017 game goes, as soon as they showed "From the team that brought you Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations" I was completely sold. A world where Eggman already rules and you're part of a resistance? I don't think that's been in any of the games.

• This will be good i think Sega are back on track. I believe. Though Im a Sega fanboy so my hearts leading my mind.

• Wow. That stream was... something. I don't know why they had Hyper Potions up on stage at the beginning. They clearly weren't doing anything other than letting their music play from a spotify playlist while they pretended to occasionally press some buttons.

The game announcements were cool. Sonic Mania is essentially the real Sonic 4. I'm disappointed the trailer for Project 2017 was just CG. The game has been in development for three years at this point, I would hope they have something showable by now. I also wonder if Classic Sonic will cut it now that we have Mania with PROPER classic physics.

• Sonic Mania looks fantastic although something about Sonic's sprite work seems a little off, I'm sure I'd get used to it as it looks like a really well crafted nostalgic return to form.

• Here is the real question, did anyone count the rings for the bets this week?

• But seriously, that was an amazing trailer for Mania. I love how they are making it look old intentionally. The tagline about learning from the past was such a great admission from Sega that they are realizing their mistakes.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.