Nintendo Financial Results - as of 31 December 2018
Axel last edited by Axel
Nintendo’s latest financial results are in and there are some very sexy numbers!
I'll add links to the English version of the docs when they're available
- Switch sales are at 32.27 million units, which means it sold 9.41 million between October and December!
- That's huge but not enough and Nintendo has now lowered their forecast for the financial year to 17 million, down from 20 million. Still, it was a very ambitious objective, and they're getting pretty close.
- It places the Switch just under the Nintendo 64's lifetimes sales which sit at 32.93 million (it's probably passed it by now).
- In terms of software sales, it's now at 163.61 million units, up from 111.10 million three months ago! Again that's a huge increase in such a short time, and can be explained by the following new games.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 12.08 million units in one month! In comparison, the Wii U version sold 5.35 million lifetime.
- This makes Smash already the third best-selling game on the platform behind Super Mario Odyssey (13.76 million, +1.59 million in three months) and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (15.02 million, +3.31 million in three months). It will probably be number one eventually.
- Pokémon: Let's Go sold 10 million in a month and a half! That's already more than Ultra Sun/Moon (8.28 million), and not far from Sun/Moon or X/Y (~16 million). Considering Let's Go is just a remake, the new one this year could easily reach 15 million in its first month.
- Super Mario Party sold 5.3 million, making it #7 overall. I don't know the numbers for all previous Mario Party games but no doubt it's near the top in that series. Mario Party 10 on Wii U sold 2.19 million lifetime...
- ARMS, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are now out of the top 10, but were already above the 1 million mark before.
- The 3DS is now at 74.84 million units lifetime, and sold only 1.31 million in the last quarter.
- In their launch schedule, nothing new, only Fire Emblem: Three Houses is slated for Spring 2019 while the others (Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Ultimate Alliance 3 and Daemon X Machina) are only "2019". Bayonetta 3 is TBA.
- And Mario Kart Tour (mobile game) has been delayed from Q1 to Summer this year "in order to improve quality of the application and expand the content offerings after launch".
Yoshi last edited by
Nintendo: Doomed since 1889
Chocobop last edited by
In one month, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate outsold the lifetime sales of Melee by 70%. Super Smash Bros. Melee was the highest selling Gamecube game as well.
Yoshi last edited by Yoshi
@chocobop Ultimate is also just shy of outselling Super Smash Bros Brawl as well in only 1 month.
Brawl has been the best selling Super Smash Bros game of all time until now with 12.98 million copies sold total on the Wii
El Shmiablo Banned last edited by El Shmiablo
While not necessarily about Nintendo, some interesting info for comparison.
Axel last edited by
@el-shmiablo That sweet Spider-Man bundle must have worked wonders!
El Shmiablo Banned last edited by
@axel Most likely.
I think PS Now also had a lot to do with the PSN side of things. They currently control 52% of the revenue in the game subscription services. Xbox Game Pass controls about 15%, while EA controls the rest with it's various services.
DMCMaster last edited by
Wait, when did EA get 2 extra services?
El Shmiablo Banned last edited by
@dmcmaster EA Access is on Xbox.
Origin Access and Access Premier are on PC, with the difference being you get access to all new games earlier than any other platform or service.