Astral Chain (Switch)

• Global Moderator

@Ezekiel @El-Shmiablo This isn't the God of War thread, if you'd wish to have a friendly debate about it head over to it's thread otherwise, please get back on topic and less antagonizing towards each other.

• How about we all agree that everyone, and I mean everyone, has some sort of objectively shitty game opinion. I certainly have many.

Anyway, Astral Chain looks dope. I'm not a huge plan of Platinum's games, so this will be a fun one to watch from afar.

• I wouldn't say i'm hyped for Astral Chain, but it does look cool and it's something i'm definitely going to keep an eye on.

• I am hyped as all hell! We need more Platinum titles on the Switch! If they port MadWorld that would be great too. Lucky me, I still have my original copy.

• @brawlman The only three Wii games I saved when I sold mine were Mad World, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

An HD remake/remaster or MW would be the tits. Killing mooks in that game is just so cathartic.

• @el-shmiablo I have about 20ish Wii games. I would have a couple more, but I sold DKC : Returns (later bought the 3DS version for $5), Murmasa: the Demon Blade was sold to a friend who got it as gift for his girlfriend (with the pre-order bonus that came with it), Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes, and RE: Umbrella Chronicles.

• @brawlman they should port madworld and anarchy reigns in a combo pack

• @bigdude1
    Agree, and include the OSTs for both, be one ruthless combo pack

• This is some good art.

• Astral Chain is one of the eligible games for this new limited time Nintendo Switch Game Voucher system announced today.

• Got my collectors edition pre-ordered :3

• Yeah on payday, I might get the voucher and pre-order because I am 100% going to buy this game anyways, may as well save the money.

As per the other game with the voucher... hmmmm

• @dipset
    Pokemon?

• I had no interest at first but, the more i see i more i like

• I was already sold on a new Platinum game, and then I was sold again learning that Masakazu Katsura is behind the art, and then Treehouse showed it off...and now I'm hard ou....all in, baby! Hype train, choo choo!

• @minamik said in Astral Chain (Switch):

I was already sold on a new Platinum game, and then I was sold again learning that Masakazu Katsura is behind the art, and then Treehouse showed it off...and now I'm hard ou....all in, baby! Hype train, choo choo!

Same, I'm crazy hype for it most exciting game on E3 and biggest I'm looking forward this year.

But is it me, or most big sites are completely forgetting about this game and even EZA barely covered this game. I would love to hear EZA's impression and their thought after looking at Treehouse gameplay footage, but found out they didn't even bother watching that. Whats going on? are we the only ones finding this game exciting?

• @danjin44 Wasn't playable at E3 strangely. Maybe they thought the combat would be too difficult to absorb in a short time for most? Still, they could've had other playable sequences that would've left strong impressions for people. This one is definitely a marketing mistake, considering anyone who watched Treehouse is 100% in on this.

Also, Link's Awakening Remake and BotW 2 doing what Zelda always does and giving people tunnel vision. I'm so fucking sick of people who treat Nintendo as nothing but Mario and Zelda, giving no shits about anything else. Before anyone goes there, this is not shots at Damiani. He's a hardcore Zelda fan. There's a big difference there. Of course he's most excited for those over everything. The man respectfully lives for the franchise, but there are loads of more casual Mario and Zelda fans who won't give anything else a shot and complain if Nintendo isn't releasing a constant stream of Marios and Zeldas.

Prime example right now is Cadence of Hyrule. Look at the flock of people buying that who never bothered with Crypt of the Necrodancer and probably still won't, but you slap a Zelda skin onto the game and suddenly they're rushing to try it.

• @mbun I agree with everything you said here, also another mistake Platinum Games did is announce Bayonetta 3 when they had nothing to show in their Feb direct. Now conversations that’s remotely about Astral Chain turns in to “where is Bayonetta 3”. They should have announced that game after Astral Chain got released.

• @mbun I'm sure Cadence of Hyrule is good for what it is but I am physically incapable of caring about a version of Necrodancer that doesn't let me use my own music