Would you prefer a true sequel to the Blood Omen/Soul Reaver series, or would you prefer a reboot?

• Both games make up one of my favorite franchises of all time. Their narrative is deep, complex, with a lot of lore, backstories, and fascinating characters. I have loved the fact that this franchise lets you play as opposite characters - sometimes as Kain, sometimes as Raziel - and neither one is the true villain. To me, it has always been a shame that we've never reached a conclusion to the franchise.

With that said, would any fans of the franchise prefer the series to be rebooted? To have the storyline tightened and expanded upon (and hopefully conclude), would you prefer an actual sequel that wraps the story up once and for all, or would you like it better if the franchise remains at rest?

• A Remake/reboot would be great, i think a double A Darksiders style game could work today, but as far as i know the IP is in Square Enix hands so it will probably take them 10 years to release one game.

• I loathe reboots. As a big fan of the series, I'd simply like to see the story continued, on both sides.

• Wait a minute.
    Are you telling me you didn't like the multiplayer focused entry in the Legacy of Kain series, Nosgoth?

The fuck is wrong with you?

• I'd like to see the plot continue but at this point I almost feel like a reboot or remake

• @dmcmaster I want a highly cinematic, over the shoulder remake of Legacy of Kain with at least 18 hours worth of cutscenes.

• Reboot followed by a sequel. The reason for this is so players new to the franchise can experience the original with a fresh new lick of paint and ideas which may have been scrapped from the original and to give old players a reason to jump back into the series and enjoy it again. Feed that nostalgia.

Followed by a sequel. :)

• @orthrus
    Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't the entirety of Soul Reaver 2, everything they didn't have time to finish for the first game?

• @dmcmaster said in Would you prefer a true sequel to the Blood Omen/Soul Reaver series, or would you prefer a reboot?:

@orthrus
    Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't the entirety of Soul Reaver 2, everything they didn't have time to finish for the first game?

I recall reading the developers of Soul Reaver 2 were overwhelmed by time constraints and under delivered based on their own expectations. It was a small development team against the clock. Wiki goes on to explain certain features were simplified or just weren't included. The fighting was one dimensional. That's not to say it's a superb game. The developers just could have done with more time to deliver the experience they intended from the beginning. We see it all the time in games.

Numerous Zelda Dungeons have found themselves in other iterations of the franchise for the exact same reason. I'm looking at you, Windwaker.

• @dmcmaster I believe you are correct. I remember reading that Raziel was supposed to find this ancient relic bell or something and ring it at the end of the game. The bell was to wipe out the entire vampire race including Kain but that ending was scrapped completely due to budget and time constraints.