New and Upcoming Indie Game Releases

• This looks interesting
    Youtube Video

• Tried a demo a couple of months ago and loved it

• I want to see Don try to flip this pizza.

• TOHU is a really cute looking point and click adventure game that I found out about sometime ago while researching for Fantasy Critic, and it's coming out in the next 24 hours on Switch and PC. I read some reviews already and it seems pretty good (most of them said that the story is kinda lacking but the aesthetic and the puzzle design is more than enough to compensate) so I'm gonna check it out soon. Also, Christopher Larkin (Hollow Knight) is composing music for this so I'm excited to check that out as well. Here's a gameplay demo for it:

Youtube Video

• Guys, keep an eye on these ones:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Especailly Savior looks really awesome! I like how they implemented the parkour elements and good choreographed fights with the bow. Definitely will check it out!

• According to Gematsu, Mundaun launches March 16. If you watched one of the Day of the Devs showcase last year, you might remember this. It's a horror game made by one dude, and it's looks quite interesting.

Youtube Video

Mundaun is a lovingly hand-penciled horror tale set in a dark, secluded valley of the alps. Explore various areas full of secrets to discover, survive hostile encounters, drive vehicles, fill your inventory and solve a variety of hand-crafted puzzles.

• More skateboarding games!
    Youtube Video

• Okay, you know the Steam Game Fest right? Basically a interactive fest which you can try game demos from hundreds of titles and they are usually indie or double A productions. I tried 8-9 different games with the latest fest and wanted to wirte my thoughts about some of them but I was lazy and ended up writing it week/weeks after it. Here we go:

Happy Game

A new puzzle game from the creators of hits like Machinarium, Samorost 3 and Botanicula. It is the opposite of its name and about nightmares of a boy with some disturbing images. Puzzles in the demo were easy but there will be more difficult ones in the main game probably. I want to play it when the full game released but I want to finish their other games before it.

Almost My Floor

A point&click game with horror elements and good looking hand crafted images. Humour is not the best one but got me smiling a few times. If you like the genre, you can check it out.

Narita Boy

O get the feeling that this one is really popular among the demos but I didn't like it at all. Art direction is tiring and suffocating, story is nothing special so does the gameplay. If you like Tron and 80s nostalgia you might like it.

Minute of Islands

A game about personal traumas. It was sooo slow and even in the demo I thought closing the game but I forced myself to finish it. Also, narrator constantly stopping the game to tell stuff about the story but she could just tell them while we are still controlling the character. It was so annoying to stop and listen her after every 2-3 movement. I just couldn't care because of how annoying it was and how slow the game was. I feel like its beatiful art direction is going to be wasted with this kind of storytelling and gameplay.

Bloodrots

Now that was fun! Hotline Miami kind of game where you can use everything as a weapon and you have one-hit health so do your enemies. Definetly going to check it out when it's released.

Foregone

Dead Cells 2021 Edition. I am saying this as a good thing because I think this game will be really popular with all those details in it. I don't like too detailed inventory, skill tree etc in pixel art games so demo was enough for me, probably won't play it again in the future.

Retro Machina
    A classic sci-fi tale about a robot who got his freedom and try to find its creator. Gameplay needs a little polish but art direction and the mystery of the story with the world without any humans is intriguing.

The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark

Funny pixel art point&click game. Humour is rich and gameplay is enjoyable.

Beacon Pines

Now, that one if my favourite among all of them! Beatiful art direction, creative storytelling and warm atmosphere. You are the reader and the writer of a book, the same book! While you are wxploring the world you collect charms to use them later in the narrative in key moments. Sometimes because you don't have the necessary charm, you get game over but then you go back and try another charm in one of your previous choice to go on a different branch. It goes like this and I am really excited about it. Unfortunately it doesn't have any release date. :/ Hope it doesn't end up in development hell like The Last Night or Eastward...

• Between TOHU and this, it seems that I can't resist the allure of good looking puzzle games this year. This looks jolly as heck and the dev's commentary makes it chill af. Apparently it releases this May.

Youtube Video

There's also this Metal Slug-esque game where you play as a goose, it looks fun. Comes out Spring 2021.

Youtube Video