New and Upcoming Indie Game Releases

• @sabotagethetruth It is actually fantastic for a free game. Only things that cost money are cosmetics and stash tabs, and if you want to get into the meta you kinda NEED to buy a few stash tabs (currency and maps in particular) but that's only a few bucks. Everything else is FREEEEEEEEEE.

• Youtube Video

"Cyber Shadow", published by the developers of "Shovel Knight"

• @holographics Actually, Yacht Club is only publishing Cyber Shadow. It is being developed by Mechanical Head Studios.

• @mbun Woops, sorry about that. Fixed.

• Youtube Video

The Slam Dunk vibes are strong with this one

• Crazy game.

• Just an update on Slay the Spire - it will be getting a PS4 release on May 21st, with a Switch version to come at a later date. It is still the second highest reviewed game of the year - although with more reviews, it does stand the possibility of sliding down a bit.

• @sabotagethetruth Very nice!

Talking about console ports, "Darkwood" is also getting a PS4 release, coming out May 14th.

Youtube Video

Also coming out for Xbox One on May 17th and Nintendo Switch sometime in May (Wiki says May 16th but I haven't found an official release date video)

• Youtube Video

Coming May 7th.

• This may not be the most appopriate as it is not a single game, but I enjoyed the video a lot, I think it does a great job of showing some games I would like to play if I weren't so scared, and it seems like something that will be done more on the channel in the future.

Youtube Video

The content on the channel itself is top notch, and if there's more similar showings of indie games I feel it would make for an interesting thing to keep an eye on.

• Youtube Video

He's back! May 16.

• Has anybody played "Shakedown: Hawaii" yet? I am curious to hear some thoughts on it.

My initial thoughts so far on "Darkwood" (for PS4): avoid until this gets a patch. I've been playing this for a few hours today and the frame rate gets worse as the game goes on, bordering on unplayable. The game also freezes for about a second or so during certain intervals (such as entering new areas). I also tried to exit my game and the game froze on me. I'm playing on base PS4.

UPDATE (5/23): Darkwood's issues have been patched. It runs pretty good now.

• I liked everything about this trailer, and just the name Necrobarista has some weird appeal to it for me.

Youtube Video

• I'm making a free full length epic JRPG with the 3DS verison of RPG Maker. It's called \\GIFT OF HEAVEN///, and I started "pre-production" planning on it back in 2017, before RPG Maker Fes came out in the USA. Yall already know about \\GIFT OF HEAVEN/// if you watch Frame Trap cause I'm a sponsor, but hopefully with this post I can reach some of the folks who don't watch Frame Trap. I made a 43 minute promotional video... a short film... thing called Symphonia Anathema, featuring my own original artwork with 26 amazing oldschool videogame songs ranging from Megaman X 2 to Final Fantasy IX to Soul Reaver 2. You won't see gameplay, but you'll get a decent amount of storytelling and world-building in there, with a couple of jolly EZA references. Gameplay-wise, you're not going to be impressed until you play the \\GIFT OF HEAVEN/// Prologue, which will be available via the RPG Maker Fes 3DS App on August 7th. But since this is a story-based game, Symphonia Anathema is really an advertisement for my writing skills and my ability to imagine an interesting premise and vibe. So yeah, please watch my free short film and play my humongous free RPG. If you have a 3DS, thats all you need to play it.

Youtube Video

• Doggo photography!

• I saw this in the EZA E3 coverage and it was too beautiful not to bring up.

Cris Tales, which being a Colombian made game I'm very pleased with the spanish pun in the name and will continue to pronounce it with appropriate spanish pronunciation :P, seems to have a gourgeous style and from what was discussed by the allies some pretty intriguing mechanics.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

There's a demo in steam I haven't tried yet.

It's not common that we see Latin American games, so I'm happy seeing something that looks so interesting coming from this parts.

• This is Contra game we all wanted.

Youtube Video

• Twitter account for Dead Static Drive, a "Grand Theft Cthulhu" game. Just found out about this, it looks pretty cool.

• A good amount of new trailers from the China Joy event, this one in particular looks really interesting to me.

Youtube Video