Pokemon Sword/Shield (Switch)

• Fan attempt at assembling one of the themes used in the presentation and what it might sound like but obviously not official.
    Youtube Video

• @sentinel-beach This one is weird, I'm glad they are going to focus more on this Pokemon game, just the timing seems weird. Why not have this at E3? Do they have so much they had to get this direct out before?

All I'm saying is their E3 direct better be good now, cuz if its lacking all I'm gonna be thinking is that it would have been so much better if they just also included the Pokemon info here as well.

• @themarcv TPC and GameFreak always try to separate themselves like this. We could still see gameplay during Treehouse or something. Don't worry, Nintendo should have plenty this year for their E3 Presentation.

• @mbun It's just weird, this can either be a very good thing. Where Nintendo has so much they needed to get some of this information out before their E3 Direct. Could be like you said TPC/GameFreak not wanting to maybe get overshadowed during E3. My fear is that they should include this information from the coming direct on their E3 direct to really overload that direct.

If their E3 direct doesn't blow people away cuz they didnt have a lot to show and they spread themselves too thin it'll be a shame.

• @themarcv Whether Nintendo has alot to show or not, The Pokemon Company would've done it this way regardless. They're just weird like that, like Rockstar.

• The Direct reassured me, it looked a lot more exciting than in the reveal trailer.

The semi open-world areas with free camera, that is what I wanted from a next-gen Pokemon.

The stadium battles look hype, I like the design of the few Pokemon they showed, and those kaiju Pokemon battles should be fun.

Also, 4-player raids! Hopefully they provide some solid endgame content. No word about local co-op, but it feels like there's still a lot they haven't revealed so let's wait for the next presentation.

Moving up my Desire Index!

• @axel I wasn't expecting the open-world areas after what Game Freak showed in the reveal trailer. It's not the full Breath of the Wild style Pokemon game I want but I'll take what I can get.

And 4-player raids is more interesting than the endless Battle Tower style endgame they normally do.

• it's... BIGACHU
    0_1559742383515_big pikachu.jpg

• I do have to admit seeing a big ass Raichu does a put a smile on my face.

That said, sadly I saw no real reason for me to care so this is looking like skip for me.

• Yeah, the freedom of camera movement in that open area is a step in the right direction, so hopefully that only grows with time. I also wonder if having that wide open space is going to end up making the world a little bit less linear than usual. I imagine it's still gonna be tackling the gyms in a set order, but it'd be cool to be able to go to some towns out of order without some NPC stopping you until you've gotten the latest badge. Actually, I wonder if it's also gonna be possible to find something in the open area that's way higher level or if there's some kind of level scaling.

And yeah, seeing the Pacific Rim battles in the stadiums was really funny

• @bard91 said:

I do have to admit seeing a big ass Raichu does a put a smile on my face.

The most love GameFreak has shown Raichu ever probably.

Just going to say there's more specific info snippets on the website and afew extra things in their Twitter posts:

htt ps://twitter.co m/Pokemon/status/1136267757668880385

Edit: Link for Twitter is being finnicky, so I'll include a spaced out one I know will show.

• so Sifs a pokemon now?

• @ff7cloud
    Ign
    7.8 Not Dark Souls enough, too much grass

• @dmcmaster its the DArk souls of turnbased RPGs

• Wooloo is so cute. Highlight of the Direct for me.

• So finally watched it, and definitely stoking a few embers, so I'm thinking I might pick it up.

Also maybe it's my imagination but I think there might be voice acting for the whole game, just seemed odd that there were no text boxs of any kind except for the battle screens

• @dmcmaster Lots of people are predicting that. Hard to say either way since this is the first mainline Pokemon game where trainers actually emote based on what is going on versus the psychotic smile through everything, but I do think if they did this it would be a perfect, relatively practical way of differentiating Pokemon now as a console game from previous handheld ones. I wouldn't expect full voice acting given all the languages they'd have to record for and hit that simultaneous release, but I could see it for the game introduction, important cutscenes, dialogue for Gym Leaders / important characters, etc.

• 4chan never lies yo (leak from last month that seems to check out)