EZA curates March games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for examining the new games of March! Share your personal picks, interesting curios, and not quite there possibles...

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list (or a swanky desire index) of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Thread concept:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's one text list and another. Feel free to post other lists or list videos that you find useful.
    • Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• The big picks: Devil May Cry 5 and Left Alive, and Sekiro.

I still don't know as much about Left Alive compared to typical AAA releases, other than it is a shooter in Square's cool "Front Mission" mecha universe, and it has some MGS/stealth action vibes. I guess that speaks to how much the concept has been appealing to me so far. I have high hopes!

DMC is the series that regularly piques my interest in "stylish action/character action genre", and it is doing it once again. Time once again to disregard how it feels like I bumble though this genre a tad more than I learn my way through.

Yoshi's Crafted World is a possible for me. Not all that down to play it from the looks of things, but I'm always interested in seeing how Nintendo's platformers turn out.

Oh, and there's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice ...that little gem!

Sekiro is Fromsoft's next methodical action game, iterating on Dark Souls and Bloodborne with a new setting and gameplay concept. I think it is hard to get across an accurate level of anticipation for Sekiro. For one, if you are hooked on this stuff and don't dislike Samurai-style settings it's very hard to refuse. For another, it feels like the pedigree means it is going to be outstanding for sure, right? If there's any game in recent memory that I worry about having too high of expectations for, it's this one.

• The only games on my radar for March are Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro.

I was a bit unsure of Devil May Cry at first, but after the demo, I am definitely going to pick it up. Sekiro is my most hyped game of the year, as I am a huge From Software fan. I really like what I see so far regarding the new combat mechanics.

It slipped my mind that Dead or Alive 6 came out today. I heard there was a demo, so I will have to check that out. Might pick this one up sometime in the future.

• The Occupation comes out March 5th. Really intense first person investigative game.

Youtube Video

I'll probably just get DMC V this month due to time constraints. I'm hoping Left Alive turns out good (and not just because it's in my fantasy league). Sekiro's a definite 10.

• After seven years Clementine's journey comes to its end when The Walking Dead's final episode of The Final Season - "Take Us Back" - will be released on March 26th. There will be tears.

• @sentinel-beach I need to catch up with that, only played the first two parts and I absolutely want to finish her story

• Devil May Cry 5 & Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. As soon as the update occur for bloody palace I'll be playing DMC5 in April.

• I'm gonna play Sekiro day 1 because its From Soft and Hidetaka Miyazaki but I feel like I know very little about this game. It hasn't been push very hard considering its published by Activision. I'm not shaking in anticipation like I was with Bloodborne and Dark Souls III.

I want to play DMC5 but Sekiro is March if not all summer.

• @dipset I like to think that From Soft wants to keep a tight lid and surprise people, and Activision trusts them enough to allow that.

• @bam541

I've bitched and moaned about this on the forum before but Bandai Namco spoiled Dark Souls 3 in an auto-play Facebook video at launch. Whereas Sony sold us on Bloodborne not showing beyond the Cleric Beast.

Bandai Namco have been in my bad books ever since then (I also don't think Dark Souls needed 3 games in 7 years when the studio made other games too).

So I appreciate the tight lid if that's what is happening.

• For me the big picks are Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

I also plan to get The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2. I've heard great things about the series, but I never got around to it. So it feels like a great time now to finally play it when both of them are coming out on PS4.

• Personally I only care about The Division 2 in march. Everything else (which is basically only Sekiro, I think) I can play later.

• Global Moderator

I am really looking forward to Devil May Cry 5. It just looks like such a hype game. Also gonna give The Division 2 a go with friends I played the first game with.

• Dead or alive 6 is a good fighting game, don't sleep on it

• @iboshow
    Yeah, sleep with it.
    If you want me to be serious, I don't think it's worthwhile to invest in a DoA title in its first version. I just know there will be a Ultimate or most ultimate version later, so I'll try the game out when that happens.

• I missed Return of The Obra Dinn completely in October and honestly this is one heck of a gem. Now that i'm getting around to playing this game I can't really stop. Haven't played a mystery game like it before. Highly recommended!