The Video Game March Madness Bracket

• How ya'll gonna let Mass Effect 2 win?! sigh

No joke, it's like B-tier TV caliber acting (a lot of these actors are on TV), it has a gather-the-gang plot that is absolutely no different than 50 other movie plots. I basically feel like this game may as well have Paul Walker and Vin Diesel tracking down Ludacris and Tyrese to save humanity in muscle cars. They just replaced Geth with Reapers. Same thing different game. And I'd put the combat on par with The Order 1888 where you just take cover and shoot endlessly in a blocky room.

If it was Mass Effect 1 vs Portal 2, I'd be less butt hurt but ME2 is sooooooo overrated!

• And now we have OUR CHAMPION!!!

After a 13-10 vote, 6.) Mass Effect 2 emerges victorious! Let's take a look at all the games it beat to get here:

11.) Madden 2003
    3.) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    10.) The Last of Us
    1.) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    2.) Super Mario Galaxy
    11.) Portal 2

Quite an impressive list of games! And let's not forgot its last opponent, Portal 2, as it had an excellent run as well, but fell 3 votes short.

Wanna do another one?

• ME2 is a masterpiece. The End.

• I can't totally approve as TLoU's in there slaughtered. But sure, ME2 is a cool game.

• This was fun, thanks for running this! I like the fact that this voting game/community participation game doesn't encourage people to make spite moves, and just play sincerely. About halfway through I was predicting the final round would be Portal 2 vs Mario Galaxy, and I felt really smart until I wasn't :P

• Great job everyone. ME2 is one of my personal top 10 games of all-time. The match-up vs Ocarina of Time was a close one but I ended up giving ME2 all my possible votes by the end. Thanks to @Brannox for putting this all together.

• @Chocobop @Shoulderguy Thanks for the kind words! I like doing these kinds of things as I think they're fun and help, in a very small way, stimulate more interaction.

• Can I be happy and sad at the same time, because I am!

• Congrats ME2, you beautiful bastard. It should have been Uncharted 2 and TLOU though :p

• Well, since the poll is a unanimous 8-0, I guess it's safe to say we'll be doing another one! However, I'm about to go to PAX East, so I'll get it started in April.

While going through the initial round, I had the idea of taking a look at another list of games and I was able to compile a seed list AND the entire bracket much quicker. This is because the list had a lot more natural balance, so I didn't have to move around as much as I did for this one. For those who've been following this thread since the beginning, you probably can guess what that is... And allow me to tease that one of the Quadrants is (the way I see it) EXTREMELY brutal.

BUT! I don't want to start it, then abandon it for several days, so until April when I create a new, separate thread, let's bask in Mass Effect 2's win and rest before jumping back into our own brand of madness.

Thanks again to everyone that voted, commented, or both!