The Video Game March Madness Bracket

• This is a tough choice. There are some great games in Quadrant 2. The only one I haven't finished in that list is Baldur's Gate 2. As for Quadrant 3. I don't really have a horse in that race.

• I mourn the loss of GTA V, but I would be absolutely devastated if TLOU lost that one. But hey, GTA III won, I'm real happy 'bout that.

Boy, we got the battle to end all RPG battles there, The Elder Scrolls vs Zelda. What a match.

GTA IV vs MGS2 is definitely the hardest one in this quadrant for me.

I'm definitely picking Uncharted 2, but Halo Combat Evolved is no slouch of a game.

• The Sweet 16 has been set! With each Quadrant's Quarterfinals out of the way, let's get through the results so you can see the entire remaining bracket!

In what I can only describe as THE results to date, both of Nintendo's 2017 GOTY contenders have been BEATEN. 5.) Bioshock gets by 4.) Super Mario Odyssey 8-7, and 11.) Portal 2 has THE upset so for, overcoming the forums's 2017 GOTY 3.) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 9-8. I thought FOR SURE both of them would go against each other in the Quadrant's final (a.k.a. the Elite Eight). I'm stunned.

Subsequently, with 15.) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion winning its match against 10.) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 9-7, we're guaranteed a double digit seed in the Elite Eight!

Also, with Nintendo's big players dropping like flies (ALL three Zeldas lost!), let's not overlook a 1 seed has ALSO bitten the dust: 8.) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty knocks out 1.) Grand Theft Auto IV 10-7.

The other results weren't as close, nor as jaw-dropping:
    1.) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 easily got by 8.) Baldur's Gate II: Shadow of Amn 12-3.
    5.) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves "upsets" 4.) Halo: Combat Evolved 11-5.
    6.) Batman: Arkham City again, "upsets" 3.) Perfect Dark 9-6.
    Finally 2.) Super Mario Galaxy 2 wins comfortably over 7.) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 11-5.

Now as I said at the top, I'm bringing in the ENTIRE bracket from this point forward. Also note, I'm having Quadrant 4 listed second because the winner of that is to take on Quad 1's winner. Outside of that, let's get into the Quadrant's Semifinals!

QUADRANT 1
    1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs. 12. God of War (2018)
    6. Mass Effect 2 vs. 10. The Last of Us

QUADRANT 4
    1. SoulCalibur vs. 4. Grand Theft Auto III
    6. Resident Evil 4 vs. 2. Super Mario Galaxy

QUADRANT 2
    1. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 vs. 5. Bioshock
    11. Portal 2 vs. 15. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

QUADRANT 3
    8. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty vs. 5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    6. Batman: Arkham City vs. 2. Super Mario Galaxy 2

I'm very excited to see these results in two days, because I think this is the most interesting group of matches yet!

• All of these matchups hurt my soul. Most of my favorite games aren't gonna make it past this round, so hooray.

• I'm just glad THPS2 is still fighting at this point. Only horse I really have left in this race.

• Mario Odyssey and BOTW lost? Oh boy, i can feel the fires of rage rising in this very thread.
    Also, congrats to Oblivion, Western RPGs win big this round!

Now this is a very good set of games for the semis, oh man. It's time to get a bit more cruel. I prefer ME1 anyway, so that one's easier for me.

• Damn that was a tough round haha

• Oblivion and THPS2 are my horses in this race.

All I can ask for in the end is that Mass Effect 2 doesn't win.

• My trio is TLoU, RE4 and UC2. All-time faves.

• I can't believe mgs 2 isn't winning

• @iboshow I'm not gonna make an argument like I will for THPS but I do like it a lot more than just about everything else in the running at this point (besides, again, THPS2. I'm still on tilt that THPS3 got booted) Also dig Arkham City, I wouldn't call it a best of all time but damn if it ain't fun.

• Where are my Oblivion bros at?

• The Nintendo Switch is only 2 years old, so I'm not that surprised those two games didn't make it to this round.

• I still don't understand the love of OoT.

• Seeing Zelda games die off fills me with a strange satisfaction. Real shocked to see Bioshock still a contender, but it makes me happy.

• As I expected, with the exception of ONE match, every head to head was not decided by no more than three votes. Let's see who'll face off in the Elite Eight (a.k.a. the Quadrant Championships!).

Quad 1:
    I found these two matchups to be the most fascinating, and it didn't disappoint (well, from a certain point of view), as three of the Forums' top five games of all time were in these Semifinals. The top such game, 1.) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time beat 12.) God of War (2018) 11-9. A personal bummer as the latter was my GOTY last year, but oh well. Almost as personally painful was seeing the number 2 game from that Top 100 list (and a personal top 5 game) 10.) The Last of Us get beat by 6.) Mass Effect 2 by the slimmest of margins 10-9. Granted, we have Mass Effect 2 listed as the number 4 overall game, so this one was going to be a coin flip, regardless of winner.

Quad 4:
    When a three vote difference is the "comfortable" victory, the 9-6 win 1.) SoulCalibur took against 4.) Grand Theft Auto III seems like nothing. Personally, I'm actually surprised SoulCalibur has lasted this long, because I don't hear much talk about it. In the other match, 2.) Super Mario Galaxy sends 6.) Resident Evil 4 out with a narrow 10-9 decision.

Quad 2:
    We have yet another 1 seed get bounced, as 5.) Bioshock took down 1.) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 10-8. A tiny bit surprising as THPS 2 appears to have been the game to have gotten the most love comment wise over the course of this thread AND it took down some interesting challengers. But on the other side, a double digit STILL is in the running (as of this split second), as 11.) Portal 2 got past 15.) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 10-7.

Quad 3:
    In the most parity filled quadrant, 5.) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves won it's match against 8.) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 11-8, while 6.) Batman: Arkham City had the most personally surprising outcome, not only in beating 2.) Super Mario Galaxy 2, but doing so by a dominating 12-6 margin.

So here we are: The final four matchups before the Final Four. I also love how we'll be finishing up right as the actual tournament will be getting underway. BUT ENOUGH OF THAT! On to the voting:

QUADRANT 1 CHAMPIONSHIP
    1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs. 6. Mass Effect 2

QUADRANT 4 CHAMPIONSHIP
    1. SoulCalibur vs. 2. Super Mario Galaxy

QUADRANT 2 CHAMPIONSHIP
    5. Bioshock vs. 11. Portal 2

QUADRANT 3 CHAMPIONSHIP
    5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves vs. 6. Batman: Arkham City

• @brannox said in The Video Game March Madness Bracket:

We have yet another 1 seed get bounced, as 5.) Bioshock took down 1.) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 10-8.

alt text

• This turned out better than I expected! The only thing that bums me out is that Oblivion lost, but I'm not surprised by it. I'm glad Tony Hawk lost, if only to rub salt in the wound of that Mass Effect hater (lookin at you, @DIPSET )

Uncharted vs Arkham is incredibly difficult for me, as I've probably beat each upwards of 30 times over the years. It's a long shot that ME will beat OoT, but anything is possible.

• If Oblivion was going to lose to anything, I'm glad it was to Portal 2!

• The TLOU loss gonna hurt me no matter what. ME2 is one hell of a game though. It's definitely my second horse now, apart from Uncharted 2. I'm already very happy that both TLOU and U2 got this far, but I will still be salty if if U2 lost, lol.

I know i shouldn't be surprised that Bioshock got this far, but man. Huge disconnect here between me and the rest. Arkham City too, although I loved it despite not being a big fan of the Bat.