Control (PC/PS4/Xbox One)

• "After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat, you become the new Director struggling to regain Control. This supernatural third-person action-adventure game will challenge you to master a combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts and reactive environments, while fighting through a deep and unpredictable world."

Youtube Video

Dev diaries, for anyone interested (only linking the first video):
    Youtube Video

It comes out October 27, subject to change as always.

• Game Informer's doing a full month coverage of this game. Although I'm keeping myself from getting too many information about the game, I'll check out some of it. This is the kind of game that truly strives when you go in and only have very little information about it.

alt text

Here's the rapid fire questions video, as linked by @DIPSET in the That's News thread:
    Youtube Video

The most interesting points for me from the rapid fire session:

• The game's "not linear at all". Going for a semi open world structure? Metroidvania style?
    • There's no difficulty options. Dark Souls-esque progression?
    • "There's a lot of meaning to shapes and forms within the game". It's quite obvious that this will be the case after seeing the trailers, but I wonder what kind of story all those meaning will point to. Does The Oldest House (or something in it) "make" those shapes and forms for us as a way of communication? I dunno.

• Honestly so excited for this. Love the environments and atmosphere. Can't wait.

• I am willing to bet $100 right now that this will directly connect to Alan Wake.

• You're the man @bam541 !!

You have us covered better than Game Informer!

I think this game sounds phenomenal on paper. Has there ever been a "great" 3D Metroidvania sort of game? Maybe Batman Arkham Asylum and that's about it. I think that term is loose and shouldn't be applied to Control before we learn more about it, but an atmospheric action game with horror elements and metroidvania style abilities and backtracking sounds like a dream come true for a 2019 3D action game.

The only thing I'm skeptical about is the gunplay and graphics. Quantum Break looked like it had dumb AI and run-of-the-mill shooting. I'll wait to learn more obviously. Top 5 most desired games of 2019 easy!

• My brain wants this game to have some sort of Get Smart Easter egg. It's the first thing that comes to my mind when I see the title.

• https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/03/11/remedys-control-releases-this-summer

Releases this Summer. No specific release date yet.

• The Service Weapon, your all-in-one "object of power" companion. Reminds me of the morph gun from the Jak games, only way more menacing. I'm at the very least gonna turn the thing into a revolver and a shotgun. The default form is already revolver-like, so I know that me and this thing will get along very well. It's also really cool how "deep" they make this thing seem out to be, in terms of the lore.

Youtube Video

• im not really impressed at all. it doesnot looking very good. i was a huge fan of remedy games. consider Max Payne 1 a masterpiece and Alan wake was pretty good as well. they used to make poetic and atmospheric games. this looks and feel too generic.

• @b-cell Yea the cosmic horror action telekenetic shooter with shifting abstract environments and Metroidvania elements is just a really played out genre at this point.

• Fingers crossed.

• New gameplay trailer! Looks hype as heck.

Youtube Video

Also, the release date is October 27, confirmed.

• Was the timed Epic Games Store exclusivity just a rumor? I'm not buying it for a client whose future is so much less certain than Steam's.

• TWELVE MONTHS?! Jesus Christ. Guess I know what I have to do this time.

• @ezekiel
    Time to go on steam and purchase Remedy's past games, and then leave negative and scathing reviews on them with little to no sentence comprehension?

• I've pretty much enjoyed every game they've put out (yes, including QB) so I'm excited about Control.

About being an Epic Store exclusive, I guess it's a good thing that our societies are in such a good state that we can focus on (un)important stuff like this.

• @ezekiel
    Also what do you mean by less certain?

• @phbz You should get a thumbs up just for your thumbnail - awesome episode.

But yeah, I think the Epic Games Store exclusive is a non-issue. As long as you have a PC, you have access. It's not console exclusive. And Epic Games Store will be around long after you've grown tired of this game considering Fortnite and also TenCent holding a 48% stake.

• @ezekiel I think at this point Steam's future is less certain than the Epic Games Store. Epic is currently worth over three times what Valve is, and new games are selling much more on their store than previous entries on Steam.

tldr

0_1554741095016_1553291231908.png