Control (PC/PS4/Xbox One)

• It's getting a free mode called Expedition mode some time before the year is over, so that might fill the void your feeling

• Just did the talking to the plants side mission and I think that's the most fun I had in this game so far, it's pretty wholesome.

Also just found the secret location that references this album. Listening to it now, it's pretty dope.
    Youtube Video

• I finally got around to finishing the main missions! It's been quite a ride, really loved this game. Some thoughts about the whole game. and a score:

• I like that they made the last big shootout in the main missions quite easy, it's just blasting level 30 folks with the power boost the Board gave you. It feels great for me since the game hasn't been on the easy side for most of the time. The ending does feel flat, but I'm not really disappointed by that.

• I still can't get over the lore stuff in this game. It's so interesting and well written overall, it feels great to read new documents, listen to the Bureau recordings, and watch some really weird stuff (like that Threshold Kids thing). It made exploring the Oldest House even more exciting, as if it needs that boost. I feel like the whole game hinges on the dynamic between the Oldest House's structure and things in it, and it's a pretty strong hinge.
    • I think Dr. Darling might be my favorite video game character from this year. His presentations are really entertaining, I just smile everytime I came across a new presentation. Props to the actor, he's done a great job showing his charisma, passion, and ultimately, his progressive downfall.
    • Shoutout to the Grip and Shatter combo, nothing else beats it for me. So effective and satisfying. Well, maybe Launch kinda beats it.
    • I still don't think that the aiming controls really feels as good as it could have been. It doesn't feel snappy, quick, and accurate enough, and in a game like this, where the combat is pretty much about dodging around and not staying in one place, it hurts the whole thing a bit. Still loved the combat though. I do wish it was slightly easier.
    • I also feel that the random enemy spawns during regular exploration of the Oldest House got a bit tiresome, and I just ended up skipping more and more the game goes on. Thankfully the main missions got some cool scenarios/shootouts.
    • The Astral Maze shootout is pretty dope. The music that was playing the whole way through really sells it for me.

8.5/10

• A teaser for the first DLC, The Foundation. Coming March 26.

I remember this dialog being available right after the last main mission of the game, Remedy have hinted it all along.

• It will be my first time ever buying a dlc.

• Was starting to wonder when we'd see something about the DLC, although I'm more interested in AWE

• A trailer for the new DLC just released. I love the music they're using, it's a pretty good trailer.

The PS Blog has more details about it. The premise is pretty sick.

Since my current copy doesn't match my PSN account region, I'll be waiting until the game comes on sale to try out the DLCs, hoping they'll turn out great.

• @bam541 said in Control (PC/PS4/Xbox One):

Since my current copy doesn't match my PSN account region, I'll be waiting until the game comes on sale to try out the DLCs, hoping they'll turn out great.

You could just make an account of that region and get the DLC from there.

• @thedemonpirate I've been considering that, it's probably easy to do but I dunno, I'll probably just wait until the DLC comes out before making a decision.

• Think there will be more Old Gods of Asgard?

• @dmcmaster I wouldn't mind them showing up again, or maybe another band that the Janitor guy likes.

• The OST has just released!

• Also, Ian has played the newest DLC, here's his impressions.
    Youtube Video

• @bam541 Sucks that will only come to Xbox much later. I wish this kind of exclusivity deals stopped.

• Time for an update, there's a new trailer for the second expansion! Coming August 27th.

Whatever you do, stay in the light.

Youtube Video

• More details about the AWE expansion:

• It will feature the Investigations Sector, where a bunch of evidence of AWEs are stored until a mysterious creature messed things up and the sector got sealed off. Jesse will explore the various AWEs there, including the one from Bright Falls, in order to eliminate this creature.
    • There's a new weapon (basically a sticky grenade launcher), and a new enemy type (a flying dude with a shotgun).
    • The most interesting part: The Remedy Connected Universe.

"Over the years, we have included Easter eggs in our games that related some of Remedy’s games to each other, as you have seen if you played Control… but what if they were not all just Easter eggs? What if there’s actually been a plan in place for over a decade on how some of our games are connected – a Remedy Connected Universe, if you will – and payoff for certain things is… down the line?

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/06/controls-awe-expansion-shines-light-into-new-mysteries-on-aug-27th/

Also, a world premiere of the expansion is coming soon.

• Wait so we will actually get to go to Bright Falls?

• So Control's not getting a free upgrade to PS5 and XSX. Instead, 505 Games announces that there will be an Ultimate Edition of the game, which includes all of the DLCs and also the PS5/XSX upgrade.

https://505games.com/introducing-control-ultimate-edition/

• On the one hand that sucks. On the other I'm kinda ok buying it again as I got the game super cheap (and early)

• Oh sweet it is also going to release on Steam soon, I'm not hardcore against Epic but I do prefer staying with just Steam and GoG for my PC games so I was hoping it would come out soon on one of those.