JoJo Bizarre Adventure dub on Toonami

• Start celebrating JoJo and anime fans!
    JoJo Bizarre Adventure comes to Toonami this October. No date or time as of yet.

• @MXAGhost I don't want to be that guy, but the Jap dub is a lot better.
    Are they going to be using the original actors or changing them?

• @siegeh said in JoJo Bizarre Adventure dub on Toonami:

@MXAGhost I don't want to be that guy, but the Jap dub is a lot better.
    Are they going to be using the original actors or changing them?

"This subjective thing is objectively better when I'm reading text underneath a hyper-stylized art-driven show."
    I mean I like the japanese dub, but I'd rather enjoy the visuals, because the difference is minimal.

• If it's "generic cool guy" voice for any of the characters instead of the over the top "OH NOOOOO"/"It was Me! Dio!" sort of stuff seen in the Japanese version it'll be a trainwreck. English anime VO has a sketchy history with goofy characters, it's a different story when it's a show that only has one or two absolutely bonkers characters but a show where half the comedy comes from all the guys being over the top to the extreme? I don't know if there's enough English VOs alive who can pull it off.

Though, if they do pull it off it'll be the greatest thing ever.

• I feel like if someone is going to be watching jojo on toonami compared to crunchyroll or something like that it's because they either wouldn't know where to go to watch it before or, more likely, they just didn't know about it at all before.

And that's all totally fine. The best thing about toonami when I was a kid was that it showed me new things I'd never even thought of before, and while I haven't been keeping up with the new toonami (personally, I think it served a very important need in the late 90's and early 00's but now it's more of just a nostalgia thing) the fact that it could still do that is all that matters.

• @Mr-M Aside from the odd bad voice on either dub, both have the same sort of tone and emotion. Especially whoever the guy voicing Dio is, he's just as good as the Japanese voice actor when they turn up the intensity to eleven and keep it at that level.

Also the more people watching JoJo, the better.

• @siegeh Toonami does not show subs so it might not be for you.

• @ChoppedLiver02
    Thats Patrick Seitz playing Dio in the WB produced english dub, last I heard Viz was going to re-dub the first season with a different cast for everyone, except for Seitz who is already confirmed to return, and joining Stardust

• @DMCMaster that's pretty hype, he was definitely the standout in the cast

• This post is deleted!

• @DMCMaster said in JoJo Bizarre Adventure dub on Toonami:

@ChoppedLiver02
    Thats Patrick Seitz playing Dio in the WB produced english dub, last I heard Viz was going to re-dub the first season with a different cast for everyone, except for Seitz who is already confirmed to return, and joining Stardust

Is that good news or bad news? im not too familiar with dub studios but shy of cowboy bebop, stand alone complex and death note everything else has paled by comparison. Also I wasn't too happy with their Hunter x Hunter dub which I had eagerly awaited