What to Finish First?

• So I'd like to present you with a bit of a forum game. Each poster will post a list of games, TV shows, anime, or even entire series that they've stalled out on or otherwise postponed, but mean to finish (it doesn't have to be exhaustive). Each poster also selects one of the items from the list of the poster above, which they'll then have to finish.

Make sure the things you're listing you either own or have access to without jumping through too many hoops, as that may infringe upon the purpose of the game: motivation. Also, no spoilers, as that could also sap the drive from our feeble little attention spans.

I'll start us off:

• Baccano!
    • Flower
    • Samurai Champloo (still in the Netflix queue)
    • The Unfinished Swan (pretty ironic, right?)

• @Haru17 For you, The Unfinished Swan (in 1 sitting, it's only a little over 2 hours)

As for myself, can't quite decide what to play next...

1. Catherine
    2. Kingdom Hearts 2
    3. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

• @Alex840 Catherine. If you don't finish it now you never will dammit!

1. Fallout 4
      2. Witcher 3 yeahnah this is supposed to be an interesting game :p
    2. Just Cause 2
    3. Saints Row 2
    4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (about 10 minutes into the Raiden part of 2)

• @Mr-M

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection! 2 has some weird pacing, but 3 is definitely worth sticking to it for.

I have a lot of PS3 games I could list, but I'm going back to University next month and will only have my PS4, PC, 3DS, and PSP with me.

1. Transistor - About an hour in (PS4)
    2. Stardew Valley - Just reached summer (PC)
    3. Shinobi 3 (PC - Genesis collection pack)

• @Haru17
    Unfinished Swan can be completed in an evening and it is a delight!

• Global Moderator

For me I still need to finish the Uncharted games! are about 25% into the second one. other than that I got:

• Dishonored
    • Shadow of Mordor
    • Witcher 3
    • Transistor

• @Lotias

Shadow of Mordor is one of the worst games I've played and I'm not even joking. Its fun for exactly 3 hours then it drags into about 18-22 hours of the exact same formula you've played for the first three hours. Missions including walking slowly through the same camps you go through in free roam anyways, as well as killing leader enemies which you'd - again - be doing in free roam anyways. Play that last.

Go through Uncharted 2 and try to beat it without breaks. Uncharted is always best when you go through the story in large chunks. Then play The Witcher 3.

For me, I'm torn on which to prioritize. I barely have time off and university begins in September. I think I wanna play these three:

• Resident Evil REmake (PS4)
    • Persona 4 (PS2)
    • Valkyria Chronicles

I have them all in my possession and have begun beginning hours of them all.

• Global Moderator

@GoTaco Thanks for the heads up! yeah I played through the first uncharted in a couple of days, hope to do same here! The problem with Witcher is that it seems sooo huge! and there are so many good games coming

• @Lotias Play the Witcher 3 without breaks, then you'll share my opinion of it ;)

• @GoTaco Persona 4 for sure. Valkyria Chronicles is also amazing but with Persona 5 coming out soon and all of the excellent spinoffs/sequels, I'd definitely reccomend P4.

I'm trying to decide if I should finish:

-Final Fantasy 7
    -Beyond Good and Evil
    -Paper Mario
    -Ace Attorney: Justice For All

• @Lotias I know what you mean.. I need to play Blood and Wine and Dark Souls 3, plus No Man's Sky is coming out. All these games take so much time!

• @sam776 No one responded to you, so I will. Transistor baby! That was one of my favorite games the year it was released and still one I think of often. The combat really kicks into gear with new game plus and it's not too long overall. Good vibes all over.

@michemagius Don't be a Brandon Jones. Final Fantasy 7. See what all the hype is about. Hang out in Cosmo Canyon, close your eyes, and just listen to those drums. Life-changing.

I'll list off some TV shows because I'm full steam ahead in playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin/Grand Kingdom/Overwatch at the moment.

1. Mr. Robot
    2. Bojack Horseman
    3. House of Cards
    4. Cowboy Bebop

• @sam776 Sabotage beat me to it, but I agree with his answer and want to add that you should wait on Stardew Valley like me anyways. It's still cooking, and it'll make the full experience later all that much nicer if you wait for it.

@SabotageTheTruth The only one of those I've watched is Cowboy Bebop. Feels like a stereotype telling you to go for the anime first, but at least it's a good show that's not terribly long, within your grasp to finally push through and check off.

I guess it couldn't hurt to let you guys pick which game I scratch off my backlog next. It's such a mess:

1. Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    2. Dust: An Elysian Tail
    3. Rayman Origins
    4. one Sonic game (Got most from that recent Humble Bundle, barely played any)
    5. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (yes, the first game)
    6. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
    7. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    8. Pikmin 3
    9. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    10. Warioland II
    11. Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
    12. Rune Factory
    13. Rune Factory 4
    14. Legend of Grimrock
    15. SteamWorld Dig (Forgot I owned this. Wasn't digging it and uninstalled.)

• @Mbun Pikmin 3 then Tropical Freeze!

• @Alex840 Gonna wait on someone who hasn't gone yet to reply to keep the game fair.

• Ooh. Well I'm feeling RPGish lately so I'll list a few here for suggestions

1. Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl
    2. Final Fantasy Type 0 HD
    3. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
    4. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    5. Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC

• @Mbun said in What to Finish First?:

@sam776 Sabotage beat me to it, but I agree with his answer and want to add that you should wait on Stardew Valley like me anyways. It's still cooking, and it'll make the full experience later all that much nicer if you wait for it.

@SabotageTheTruth The only one of those I've watched is Cowboy Bebop. Feels like a stereotype telling you to go for the anime first, but at least it's a good show that's not terribly long, within your grasp to finally push through and check off.

I guess it couldn't hurt to let you guys pick which game I scratch off my backlog next. It's such a mess:

1. Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    2. Dust: An Elysian Tail
    3. Rayman Origins
    4. one Sonic game (Got most from that recent Humble Bundle, barely played any)
    5. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (yes, the first game)
    6. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
    7. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    8. Pikmin 3
    9. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    10. Warioland II
    11. Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
    12. Rune Factory
    13. Rune Factory 4
    14. Legend of Grimrock
    15. SteamWorld Dig (Forgot I owned this. Wasn't digging it and uninstalled.)

I would say The Witcher: EE should be your next game. While I have only played a small portion of the third game, the original is still my personal favourite in the series. Enjoy!

I'm just finishing up Trails of Cold Steel (last chapter) so I should be ready for a new game soon. Bit of diversity with my options, but I really don't mind what I start next. Would be nice if someone could save me the trouble of choosing ^^

1. The Witcher 3 (I need to get around to completing this some time, bit daunting though having just come off another very lengthy RPG)

2. Alien Isolation (I only made it a couple of hours in and dropped it for some reason)

3. Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter (Big fan, both of SH and the genre. I haven't started it yet though due to other games getting in the way)

• @Sheria it's a bit late but if you haven't decided yet, Sherlock Holmes!

I just play the Witcher 3 for a couple hours a week now, I've accepted this game is going to be a part of my life for a long time to come lol. Sherlock Holmes seems like a fun time. Been meaning to pick it up myself!

My pile of shame is quite large, but here's what I'm thinking of tacking next:

1. Persona 3 - This will be my first Persona game!
    2. Nier
    3. Ocarina of Time - Never finished a Zelda game before... stopped after the time jump iirc
    4. Yakuza 3 - Stopped at Chapter 5 iirc

Hope someone reads this =]

• @darthprince4 Ooooh, that's hard! I was gonna say Persona 3, and Nier has a great soundtrack, but I gotta go with Ocarina. Funnily enough, all of those games are getting sequels in 2017.

And for me I've got

• The Killing (stalled out half way through the fourth and final season on Netflix)
    • Powers (it's alright)
    • Baccano!
    • Flower
    • Samurai Champloo

• @Haru17 Lol, that's exactly why those three jumped up my list =p