Will you be buying Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4?

• I know I will. I've been coveting it ever since the reviews it got when it released for XB1. How about the rest of you? I expect to see it perform much better this time, just because Lara is such a PlayStation icon. I don't think its lackluster initial sales were due to competition from Fallout 4 and others, I think it's because XBox gamers just don't have much of a connection to Tomb Raider. What do you think?

• well i wont even be touch it for free. thats how i hated tomb raider reboot. its one of those game i cant find anything good about.

• @Black-Cell That's almost exactly how I feel about Madden.

• Played it back when I had an Xbox One. Will be buying day 1 for PS4. Great fucking game!

• Global Moderator

Hells yeah. I loved the first Tomb Raider reboot (my GOTY for 2013) and always wanted to play the sequel.

Most definitely; I'll squeeze in it between my SFV training lol

• Still haven't played the reboot. And I don't see myself in a rush to play this new game. Haven't even gotten Uncharted 4 yet.

But more so, I don't buy games on release. Haven't spent more than $40 bucks on a game in years. And don't see myself making an exception for Tomb Raider. Or really any game coming out soon that will be a full price release. Especially not with black Friday and Christmas sales coming up. The time of the year I can potentially stock up on games for bargain prices.

• Absolutely not. I thought the reboot was a very mediocre game. It was the definition of tasteless action. Enemies flood from one end of the battle room and you hunker down behind cover and take them out from the other side. There was never any dynamic fighting, just mow enemies down on the other side of the room.

• Terrible acting
    • Tonal issues which ruined the narrative for me

I mean it wasn't the worst game but it was such a bad attempt at making an adventure story. I'll likely never play the sequel.

• Eventually. Not this year though. My year is full.

• Never liked Tomb Raider, and having it sell out to be a Microsoft timed exclusive to thumb their noses at sony didn't compel me to really care when it finally was announced for PS4.

If it's free on PS+, sure I'll check it out. But I won't give them a dime for that Uncharted wannabe. Why do I think that? Let's play a drinking game, take a shot every time she grunts, or falls off something. Tomb Raider was never like that, even as a person who's never liked the series I can still recognize what it used to be like.

Just the same gameplay style of Uncharted too, waves of enemies, back to climb stuff, oh look a simple puzzle, oh look enemies in a very obvious place.

Nah, just nah. I was bored of that by the time Uncharted 3 came out but at least I could enjoy the story of the game, I wouldn't get that from Tomb Raider.

I mean I won't fault anyone else for buying it, there's just no good reason for me to give it another shot. There will be too many other games by then that'll deserve my attention far more.

• Sure, I like the reboot. It was an okay game, and it's always a pleasure to go on an adventure.
    I will never like the reboot as much as the playstation 1 games, but that style of game, is a thing of the past.

• No I already have it on XB1.

• I would, but I got the PC version so I'll stick with that.

• I'll definitely be picking it up. I really enjoyed the reboot on PS4 so decided to hold out for the PS4 release of Rise. I think they're tossing in enough extras to charge $60.. looking forward to playing it!

• Hell yeah. Thoughy the reboot was terrific and have been waiting for the PS4 version for a while. Hell, I think I'm more excited about it than Uncharted 4.

• Nah I already have it on PC, think I bought it for maybe 23 bucks shortly after release. Honestly, I enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed any Uncharted game.

• Maybe. If they fixed some of the issues I had with the initial reboot I might get it.

I felt the "tombs" were way too easy, the story and gameplay felt disjointed (as if the people writing the story has no idea what was actually going on in the gameplay department), the characters and story were forgettable, the MP was throwaway, etc.

The first game was mediocre, so with such a packed second half of the year it would take a lot for me to get it at release.

• Loved the reboot. 100% buy

• Definitely. Even if it's half-cocked in the campaign and tacked on later in a randomly-generated (ew) mode, I want to encourage all the survival gameplay I can in AAA games. That's what made The Last of Us so perfect—while other people were critiquing that, while the story was great, the gameplay was generic, I was enjoying the resource management.

And now that the gameplay's down for the most part, I hope they figure out what to do with Lara as a character in one of these. I mean really: the marketing campaign for Tomb Raider 2013 practically echo'd Super Princess Peach. Someone give Crystal Dynamics a crash course in "don't write women differently from men just cause they're women."

• Nah, I have it on the XB1.

I'm a huge fan of the old Tomb Raider games but never really liked this reboot and sequel that much. They were worth the one playthrough though.

• I'm absolutely buying this day 1. I was a bit bummed out by Uncharted 3, and the reboot of Tomb Raider completely filled that disappointment void for me with something I loved. I only have a PS4 so I was bummed to wait for so long, but now that I see it has a bunch of new content coming along with this release, I'm more excited than ever.